SONY NWZ-A10 Series
Sep 5, 2015 at 4:32 PM Post #5,492 of 7,541
And then @dsouzahow do you explain the added new function of Bluetooth LDAC?

Probably this was only added to make it compatible with a new product they released eg. speaker.

Sep 6, 2015 at 6:36 AM Post #5,493 of 7,541
I have this single piece digital out cable from amazon, that works with oppo HA-2.
It does not work with HUGO. If you want to trade me your unmodded WMC-NWH10, for this, let me know.

Sep 7, 2015 at 12:38 PM Post #5,494 of 7,541
  Good to hear! Bummer about IEMs, though.

There are maybe too many options lol- I can vouch for DT 1350 or HD25-1-ii  being OK out of non-volume-restricted A17, a little better w/ an amp, if you don't mind strong-clamping on-ear types.
It drove Momentum on-ear too, the sound on those things made me kinda nauseous though.

Only closed over-ear I've tried w/ A17 was DT770/32ohm, advise against without an amp.

My DT 1350 arrived today. Thanks for the advise Raketen, these are just what I needed. They sound really good. After the reviews I read I was afraid that it would not perform that well in the bass area especially with my ear condition, but I figured that you have to adjust its position carefully to get the right sound.
They look a bit funny on my head, I'll probably look ridiculous in the library, but what the heck  
dt880smile.png

Sep 7, 2015 at 5:21 PM Post #5,496 of 7,541
Anyone have the oem cks a10 leather case ? I'm thinking of getting it. Seems luxurious but would like some personal opinions of ppl who have it already.

I already have some micro scratches on the front and want a case now.

The $5 silicon generic seems like an ok option but looks really cheap. Would like Sony parts if possible

I see the Sony Leather case for $40 shipped on eBay but wish it was on Amazon prime

Sep 7, 2015 at 7:04 PM Post #5,498 of 7,541
Hey "Guys,

I like some of you got a scratch on my A17 screen but I was able to get rid of it using baking soda mixed with water and a lint free cloth. 

You mix the baking soda and water into a paste, then you apply to the screen with the lint free cloth in a circular motion.  Then you let it dry and clean off the paste from the screen.  No more scratch!

If you look up on the internet removing scratches on smart phone screens for the right mixture.

Sep 7, 2015 at 7:22 PM Post #5,499 of 7,541
1) whats a good hard case for the SONY MDR 1A headphones? Cheap alternatives.
2) how many hours are you guys getting for battery life? Seems like I'm only getting 20 hours on Flac/Hi-Res files at 90% battery charge (option to save battery life)
3) Where to order with fast shipping for the GENUINE Sony CKS-NWA10-S leather case? Any personal reviews on this? Is it a hassle to use (opening/closing) ?

Sep 7, 2015 at 8:45 PM Post #5,500 of 7,541
  1) whats a good hard case for the SONY MDR 1A headphones? Cheap alternatives.
2) how many hours are you guys getting for battery life? Seems like I'm only getting 20 hours on Flac/Hi-Res files at 90% battery charge (option to save battery life)
3) Where to order with fast shipping for the GENUINE Sony CKS-NWA10-S leather case? Any personal reviews on this? Is it a hassle to use (opening/closing) ?

1) don't know, i owned one from previous sonys but my mom tossed it away LOL
2)with battery care ON i get 27h on a mix of flac and Hi-res FLAC, using a line out cable to my Oppo-HA2 i get 40h
3)No, i don't have one, i bet is not a hassle to use, i had one for my A818 (2007 walkman) and was easy to put it on and remove it

Sep 8, 2015 at 12:39 AM Post #5,501 of 7,541
Dear all,

How does the A15 sound compared to the X Series? I currently use my oldish X1060 walkman paired with the xba h3 and the sound is good but I was thinking to upgrade to the A15 (memory expansion would be my main reason to upgrade) but I'm concerned about the sound of the A. I listen mostly to mp3's, not planning for HiRes. So, is there an improvement over the X listening to mp3 files only or do they sound the same?

Thanks and sorry if this has been asked or answered already.

Sep 8, 2015 at 6:24 AM Post #5,502 of 7,541
Are there more confirmed working DACs for the small Oppo cable? The Oppo HA-2 is sooo expensive in Germany.

Which DACs in the 300€ class are generally confirmed compatible? (either with the Sony cable, or the small Oppo cable.)

Sep 8, 2015 at 9:15 AM Post #5,503 of 7,541
  Dear all,

How does the A15 sound compared to the X Series? I currently use my oldish X1060 walkman paired with the xba h3 and the sound is good but I was thinking to upgrade to the A15 (memory expansion would be my main reason to upgrade) but I'm concerned about the sound of the A. I listen mostly to mp3's, not planning for HiRes. So, is there an improvement over the X listening to mp3 files only or do they sound the same?

Thanks and sorry if this has been asked or answered already.

I had an x series, the x series sounds vynil'esque and the A10 is very detailed, neutral, for me A10 has more SQ than the X series and all older walkmen

Sep 8, 2015 at 9:33 AM Post #5,504 of 7,541
  I had an x series, the x series sounds vynil'esque and the A10 is very detailed, neutral, for me A10 has more SQ than the X series and all older walkmen

This is good news, thanks for confirming. I know the A20 is just around the corner but the A15 paired with 64gb sd memory will be good enough for me atm as I don't upgrade my DAPs too often. This "little" detail about the sound is what I wanted to know so now I'm ready to order my A15.

Thanks again :)

Sep 8, 2015 at 10:26 AM Post #5,505 of 7,541

This is good news, thanks for confirming. I know the A20 is just around the corner but the A15 paired with 64gb sd memory will be good enough for me atm as I don't upgrade my DAPs too often. This "little" detail about the sound is what I wanted to know so now I'm ready to order my A15.

Thanks again :)

you're welcome

Users who are viewing this thread

Back