SONY NWZ-A10 Series
Feb 27, 2015 at 10:56 AM Post #3,226 of 7,541
Love it, except the ribbon cable is too long, no way to hide it more?

Also regular SD 250gb is still expensive yeah?

I think the same bro, i'll wait for the 256 micro
beerchug.gif
 I had a nikkon  coolpix s6 camera and ttreid to fix some connection lose with the battery terminal and ended over-bending a ribbon cable and breaking it oops!

I think so 256GB are still expensive as far i know Sandisk got a 512GB one so don't know if they are goint to cheap sooner or later

Feb 27, 2015 at 12:04 PM Post #3,227 of 7,541
One interesting thing about the A10 and XBA-H3, tough have not tested using the MDR-1R...

I had my A17 on top of my iphone, my dad sent me an SMS and i didn't note any EMI interference, not even in the XBA.H3, was a long sms

unlike my older x1060 and their included NC-earbuds picked every phone and buzzed nastily even if they were talking like 7 meters away from me

Feb 27, 2015 at 1:27 PM Post #3,228 of 7,541
One interesting thing about the A10 and XBA-H3, tough have not tested using the MDR-1R...

I had my A17 on top of my iphone, my dad sent me an SMS and i didn't note any EMI interference, not even in the XBA.H3, was a long sms

unlike my older x1060 and their included NC-earbuds picked every phone and buzzed nastily even if they were talking like 7 meters away from me

IPHONE !!!!!?

Feb 27, 2015 at 2:30 PM Post #3,230 of 7,541
Just curious what others think. When I read about people taking hundreds of gigs of music on a portable unit I wonder why we do this? I know that recently I stopped doing this as much of our collection goes unused (I'm sure that is true for most of you). I know what I'm listening too currently and I tend to prefer to put less on my devices as it makes it far easier to locate things, and another thing I find when you have so much choice you simply flip around constantly and I find I used to spend far too much time scrolling through my collection looking for inspiration. Does anybody else think the near obsession with massive storage for a portable device isn't really that beneficial? Just looking to see where others are coming from on this. Cheers.

Feb 27, 2015 at 2:59 PM Post #3,231 of 7,541
I usually go to my song list and shuffle play from there. More songs equals more variety, with less chance of repeat the next day.

Feb 27, 2015 at 3:18 PM Post #3,232 of 7,541
I usually go to my song list and shuffle play from there. More songs equals more variety, with less chance of repeat the next day.

Cool, for me there would be so much I wouldn't be in the mood for that I never take the chance with shuffle. I guess listening styles have a lot to do with this as well. I rarely listen to music for more than half an hour at a time, certainly when on the go, hence why I only want to hear exactly what I am interested in at that moment, so no shuffle. I can see the shuffle thing being important if you like to have music on all day long at work or something like that. I get that.

Feb 27, 2015 at 3:24 PM Post #3,233 of 7,541
Feb 27, 2015 at 3:38 PM Post #3,234 of 7,541
  @The Walrus you don't happen to have JS bach complete works for keyboard released in the early 1980's in the  german label Intercord played by Chrstiane Jaccottet?

tought i have all his keyboard works on cembalo i liked the intercord version of the BW901 prelude and fughetta in F major, the site where i eard it i think is down now and it was anyways a tiny sample of 15 seconds

Sorry :frowning2:  I searched my Bach collection and the closest piece as far as BWV numbers go is: Chromatic Fantasia and Fugue for keyboard in D minor, BWV 903

Feb 27, 2015 at 3:41 PM Post #3,235 of 7,541
  Just curious what others think. When I read about people taking hundreds of gigs of music on a portable unit I wonder why we do this? I know that recently I stopped doing this as much of our collection goes unused (I'm sure that is true for most of you). I know what I'm listening too currently and I tend to prefer to put less on my devices as it makes it far easier to locate things, and another thing I find when you have so much choice you simply flip around constantly and I find I used to spend far too much time scrolling through my collection looking for inspiration. Does anybody else think the near obsession with massive storage for a portable device isn't really that beneficial? Just looking to see where others are coming from on this. Cheers.

Used to find it useful without a PC of my own and traveled for work, having a 60 gig ipod was super handy. After that died I went back to the cd folder for a while, and did find it kind of refreshing having a restricted selection, so when  I finally got a laptop I went with a nano and then a series of clips. Then my laptop died and my only music selection for a long while was the not very well-chosen 12 gigs on a clip which grew old very quickly, So now i've landed somewhere inbetween with a large considered library on the A17 and a rotating choice on the clip+. Large library's also good for Shufffle/Random, which I find more enjoyable with large selection and helps me rediscover older and stuff i never listened to much in my catalogue, like a personal radio station... now I just need an artificial intelligence DJ to call out the song names, tell horrible jokes and read cheesy advertisments- though maybe the rap album skits that randomly pop up and I would never listen to otherwise are good enough.

Feb 27, 2015 at 3:48 PM Post #3,236 of 7,541

Used to find it useful without a PC of my own and traveled for work, having a 60 gig ipod was super handy. After that died I went back to the cd folder for a while, and did find it kind of refreshing having a restricted selection, so when  I finally got a laptop I went with a nano and then a series of clips. Then my laptop died and my only music selection for a long while was the not very well-chosen 12 gigs on a clip which grew old very quickly, So now i've landed somewhere inbetween with a large considered library on the A17 and a rotating choice on the clip+. Large library's also good for Shufffle/Random, which I find more enjoyable with large selection and helps me rediscover older and stuff i never listened to much in my catalogue.

I do listen to all my music, takes me a year and a Half approx. I listen per day like 4 to 10 albums... to give an idea 40, 298 Tracks, 689GB, 2,250 Albums (some are single song) all FLAC 100%, 98% 16/44.1.. 2% Hi-res topping max 96KHz let's say of 2250 albums like 50 are Hi-res

this includes complete wroks of Francois couperin, Louis couperin, Beethoven, Mozart, JS Bach, frescobaldi, Arcangelo corelli, thomas tallis, Liszt solo piano music, and many others

Feb 27, 2015 at 3:55 PM Post #3,237 of 7,541
  I do listen to all my music, takes me a year and a Half approx. I listen per day like 4 to 10 albums... to give an idea 40, 298 Tracks, 689GB, 2,250 Albums (some are single song) all FLAC 100%, 98% 16/44.1.. 2% Hi-res topping max 96KHz let's say of 2250 albums like 50 are Hi-res

this includes complete wroks of Francois couperin, Louis couperin, Beethoven, Mozart, JS Bach, frescobaldi, Arcangelo corelli, thomas tallis, Liszt solo piano music, and many others

Now that is commitment. What happens if you want to listen to something more than once in a year?

Feb 27, 2015 at 4:03 PM Post #3,238 of 7,541

Now that is commitment. What happens if you want to listen to something more than once in a year?

I use music bee, search for what i want to listen and transfer to my device (A17)

if i habe NEW Music or UPGRADE i just create a folder called NEW and give priority to it, By upgrade i emant from a 16/44.1, when i purchase the same album but in HD

Feb 27, 2015 at 4:03 PM Post #3,239 of 7,541
Sorry :frowning2:  I searched my Bach collection and the closest piece as far as BWV numbers go is: Chromatic Fantasia and Fugue for keyboard in D minor, BWV 903

No problem dude
beerchug.gif

My bach complete editon well my Boyfriemd calls it Franken Bach edition LOL because i mixed many tracks of many discs and created my own albums LOL is 60GB
then Mozart 44GB, then Haydn 41GB, then, Vivaldi 37GB CPE BACH 33GB, F. couperin 22GB, then Beethoven 20GB

Feb 27, 2015 at 4:06 PM Post #3,240 of 7,541

Haha, that's rather impressively rigorous. I don't know how I would even begin to keep track of that. All of my CDs have been ripped to FLAC, but without the hi-res frequency and sample rates, only some of my digital downloads get flagged as hi-res on the a17... though I don't really have the ears or the gear for that (if the claims aren't specious), oftentimes I'll bump stuff down to v0 or 192 for uploading to portable devices.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back