SONY NW-ZX700
Feb 17, 2023 at 2:22 PM Post #826 of 2,648
I’ve been listening to mine for a while. I got the Japanese version but so far I haven’t been needing high gain at all.

Sound wise it is a bit too early to draw conclusions.

The OS feels a bit laggy compared to my iPhone. It could also do without all of the bundled google bloatware. I really like the music app, but the equalizer is honestly a joke.

I love the looks and how it feels in my hand. I regret getting the official flip case however. It doesn’t feel great and looks cheap specially for the price.

The device is bulky and not something I’d take to the gym.

Feb 17, 2023 at 2:34 PM Post #827 of 2,648
I’ve been listening to mine for a while. I got the Japanese version but so far I haven’t been needing high gain at all.

The OS feels a bit laggy compared to my iPhone. It could also do without all of the bundled google bloatware. I really like the music app, but the equalizer is honestly a joke.

I love the looks and how it feels in my hand. I regret getting the official flip case however. It doesn’t feel great and looks cheap specially for the price.

This os vs iphone comparison :) I am glad to hold the precious walkman vs iphone what is just a telephone :) 707 cant make a call, but it can produce much better music than an iphone :)

Feb 17, 2023 at 2:39 PM Post #828 of 2,648

Hmm. Mine is quite swift. I am able to download songs in background and move about the OS without any signs of lag and even use the browser without much to note of sluggishness. I’ve cleaned and disabled all unnecessary apps though so that might be the reason for the difference.

Feb 17, 2023 at 3:14 PM Post #829 of 2,648

Sorry I missed the joke on the EQ

Feb 17, 2023 at 3:28 PM Post #830 of 2,648
Hmm. Mine is quite swift. I am able to download songs in background and move about the OS without any signs of lag and even use the browser without much to note of sluggishness. I’ve cleaned and disabled all unnecessary apps though so that might be the reason for the difference.
He’s comparing it to iPhone lol, the fastest phone on the planet !

Feb 17, 2023 at 4:09 PM Post #831 of 2,648
He’s comparing it to iPhone lol, the fastest phone on the planet !
I haven’t used Android for almost a decade so I cannot really tell how flagship android phones run, but the ZX707 does feel a bit laggy.

Feb 17, 2023 at 4:11 PM Post #832 of 2,648
Feb 17, 2023 at 4:53 PM Post #833 of 2,648
I haven’t used Android for almost a decade so I cannot really tell how flagship android phones run, but the ZX707 does feel a bit laggy.
Apparently you also haven't used a DAP in a decade or so. If not you will know that there is no DAP that performs close to a flagship phone.
The fastest CPU any DAP released so far has is the Snapdragon 665. The Zx707 performs close to the 660 and that's the best you can get in a DAP right now.

In other words, yes it's not an iPhone 200 or a Galaxy S1000, but it's on par with the fastest DAPs on the market right now.

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2023 at 6:26 PM Post #834 of 2,648
I was in a hospital since Sunday with an emergency surgery so didn't had time to test more EQ solutions, but tomorrow I'll do that probably :D
I will also leave it to play overnight

Feb 17, 2023 at 6:57 PM Post #835 of 2,648
I finally received my ZX707 from Japan. Not sure if this was mentioned in the thread already, but you can access the Walkman player "Audio played" counter to see how long you've burned in the outputs. I think it's specifically for the Walkman player app, not other players or streaming apps. Open the Walkman player, select the 3 vertical dots, select Settings and scroll up to see total playtime per output. I have many more hours of burn in to hit the recommended 200 hours per output... The ZX707 already sounds very good for the short time I've used it.

Settings.jpg
play_time_counter.jpg

Feb 17, 2023 at 10:05 PM Post #836 of 2,648
I was in a hospital since Sunday with an emergency surgery so didn't had time to test more EQ solutions, but tomorrow I'll do that probably :D
I will also leave it to play overnight
Sorry to hear that zx707 causes emergency surgery, this is truly unfortunate buyers beware. Hope your health is swiftly returned.

Feb 18, 2023 at 4:57 AM Post #837 of 2,648
I finally received my ZX707 from Japan. Not sure if this was mentioned in the thread already, but you can access the Walkman player "Audio played" counter to see how long you've burned in the outputs. I think it's specifically for the Walkman player app, not other players or streaming apps. Open the Walkman player, select the 3 vertical dots, select Settings and scroll up to see total playtime per output. I have many more hours of burn in to hit the recommended 200 hours per output... The ZX707 already sounds very good for the short time I've used it.

If you reset back to factory defaults these are zeroed, just to be aware.

Feb 18, 2023 at 5:06 AM Post #838 of 2,648
I've had a passing glance at it although will again take a gander and then some this time. The Sony Zx700 does have some limitations though as Headfier Emilsoft has pointed out:
"... it has high output impedance, measures like my bum, has limp amplification mostly suitable for IEMs (but only some due to its higher impedance)..."

I do very much like and prefer the side button implemantion on Sony daps. I do not like the scrolling volume wheel on other players as it feels too loose and cheap feeling. This has been a constant gripe with me to the point I returned my DX240.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back