SONY NW-ZX700
Apr 14, 2024 at 3:54 PM Post #2,641 of 2,658
Hey, I've been using the 707 since last year and unfortunately today it got stuck in a crash restart loop. I opened the google play store and did an update all apps and then it caused the walkman to crash. Ever since then it's been restarting, has a moment where it runs fine while its starting then crashes and restarts.

I haven't been able to reach the factory reset on time and unfortunately since it's Android 12, can't boot to recovery mode. Any ideas for a solution before I have to result to a service to sort the issue or send it to sony?
https://support.google.com/pixelphone/answer/2852139?hl=en

This is for the Pixel phone, but should work on any Android device. Give it a try ?

May 2, 2024 at 1:25 AM Post #2,643 of 2,658
I flew my first long distance flight with the ZX707 and I'm a little bit disappointed with the battery life. I only got around 15 hours when it's advertised for 20. I used the balanced port with IEMs and only 320 kbps mp3s stored on a micro SD card.

My Cowon Plenue R2 did last for 20 hours, I always got a few hours to spare.

I wanted to switch to FLAC files but I'm afraid battery life will take a hit even more. 😑

May 2, 2024 at 2:15 AM Post #2,644 of 2,658
I flew my first long distance flight with the ZX707 and I'm a little bit disappointed with the battery life. I only got around 15 hours when it's advertised for 20. I used the balanced port with IEMs and only 320 kbps mp3s stored on a micro SD card.

I wanted to switch to FLAC files but I'm afraid battery life will take a hit even more. 😑
Can you charge it with a battery pack while listeneing?

May 2, 2024 at 5:24 AM Post #2,645 of 2,658
I'm going back to Japan at the end of the month.
Need to get new bikinis for IER-M9
Maybe maybe a case for the Walkman (but not very convinced so far)
And probably I'll marry the walkman to a new pair of MDR-MV1

Last edited:
May 2, 2024 at 9:24 AM Post #2,647 of 2,658
Maybe maybe a case for the Walkman (but not very convinced so far)
I have the og case by Sony and I cannot recommend it. I am sure there are better options out there.

May 2, 2024 at 9:25 AM Post #2,648 of 2,658

My runtime is also disappointing even after disabling most of the bloat. It is what it is I guess. The perks of listening to high volume on low sensitivity earphones.

May 2, 2024 at 11:28 AM Post #2,649 of 2,658
May 2, 2024 at 3:05 PM Post #2,650 of 2,658

Playtime should be longer in Direct Mode. As the environment on a plane is quite noisy, it should be enjoyable without extra DSP/EQ, in Direct Mode?
This would be a compromise, for a specific situation, where you want longer battery life.

The advertised battery life is dependent on a lot of factors, as listed in the manual.

May 2, 2024 at 3:24 PM Post #2,651 of 2,658
Are you using the Sony Music App too? Also is it debloated?

May 2, 2024 at 7:20 PM Post #2,652 of 2,658
Playtime should be longer in Direct Mode. As the environment on a plane is quite noisy, it should be enjoyable without extra DSP/EQ, in Direct Mode?
This would be a compromise, for a specific situation, where you want longer battery life.
I wasn't using any EQ. Not sure if Direct Mode was selected, I'll check.
Are you using the Sony Music App too? Also is it debloated?
Yup and yup.

May 2, 2024 at 8:55 PM Post #2,653 of 2,658

Was High res streaming mode turned on? This mode has increased battery consumption.

Sony’s listed overly ideal battery life might be achievable if you don’t keep changing tracks and don’t turn on the screen too often and in direct source mode with high res streaming mode off, Bluetooth and wifi also switched off.

15hours on a dap is already really good real world results in my opinion especially if you compare to other similar dap in similar price categories.

Also consider debloating your Walkman to disable/remove Google bloatware for better battery life:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/sony-wm1am2-and-wm1zm2-android-walkman-optimization-guide.962975/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back