SONY NW-ZX700
Mar 21, 2023 at 6:33 PM Post #1,277 of 2,823
First impression of battery life is not bad at all. And this is with DSEE, Vinyl processing, etc turned on and a lot of downloads from Apple music, so multiple read/write operations. It has survived almost 24 hours of usage.

Screenshot_20230321-140246.png
Congrats on the new Walkman, yeah the ZX707 is a huge upgrade when it comes to battery life compared to the old ZX-507. My old ZX-507 would hardly get about 6 hours of battery life before I had to recharge it, with this one I can easily do about 20 hours of playing. I have been thinking of eventually grabbing a A307 once Sony fixes it the bass issue and use as my outdoor player when I go on bike rides or walks, the ZX-707 fits in my pocket easily but I don’t want to put it at risk of falling and all.

Mar 21, 2023 at 7:17 PM Post #1,278 of 2,823
Found the answer Rakuten. thanks Hi, Im looking to order a high gain model shipped to Canada. Can I ask where you ordered from?
E-Earphone Shop via Rakuten via From Japan via Fedex. Amazing the whole process took maybe...6 days?

As other people have mentioned, there is a 10% discount sale that seems to run every other week on FromJapan for orders made on Rakuten.

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2023 at 8:39 PM Post #1,279 of 2,823
Sony did us dirty again Lol. I can't believe we are having zx2 problems over again. You want your zx707 to sound more detailed and faster? Turn off sound adjustment in your apps in settings. Unfortunately you can't disable it permanently, but you can forcestop it. It has to be forced stopped on every track as the music player opens its every time a new track is played. I'm betting just like Mr. Walkman firmware, the answer to the different sound in models boils down to wtvr they have cooked in the Sound adjustment app. I wonder if you could transplant the one from the wm1zm2 in android and actually have the dsp that sony is running.

Mar 21, 2023 at 9:45 PM Post #1,280 of 2,823

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230322-085756.png
    Screenshot_20230322-085756.png
    88 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Mar 21, 2023 at 10:28 PM Post #1,281 of 2,823
Found the answer Rakuten. thanks Hi, Im looking to order a high gain model shipped to Canada. Can I ask where you ordered from?
very lucky here in Viet Nam, we have high gain version with promotion of buying ZX 707 and get MDR 1AM2 for free, but its very limited quantities

Mar 21, 2023 at 10:35 PM Post #1,282 of 2,823
Congrats on the new Walkman, yeah the ZX707 is a huge upgrade when it comes to battery life compared to the old ZX-507. My old ZX-507 would hardly get about 6 hours of battery life before I had to recharge it, with this one I can easily do about 20 hours of playing. I have been thinking of eventually grabbing a A307 once Sony fixes it the bass issue and use as my outdoor player when I go on bike rides or walks, the ZX-707 fits in my pocket easily but I don’t want to put it at risk of falling and all.
I think the sound of ZX 707 is much better than A 307, for the outside riding you can you the phone holder on your bike, I bought the RockBros phone holder and its very good device, you can check it out on shopee.

Mar 21, 2023 at 10:37 PM Post #1,283 of 2,823
First impression of battery life is not bad at all. And this is with DSEE, Vinyl processing, etc turned on and a lot of downloads from Apple music, so multiple read/write operations. It has survived almost 24 hours of usage.

congratulation for the new device , ZX 707 and Apple Music sure what im really waiting for when Spotify is still lossy quality.

Mar 22, 2023 at 2:22 AM Post #1,284 of 2,823
Sony did us dirty again Lol. I can't believe we are having zx2 problems over again. You want your zx707 to sound more detailed and faster? Turn off sound adjustment in your apps in settings. Unfortunately you can't disable it permanently, but you can forcestop it. It has to be forced stopped on every track as the music player opens its every time a new track is played. I'm betting just like Mr. Walkman firmware, the answer to the different sound in models boils down to wtvr they have cooked in the Sound adjustment app. I wonder if you could transplant the one from the wm1zm2 in android and actually have the dsp that sony is running.
I haven't tried disabling sound adjustment, but in it I have Dynamic Normalizer and DSEE enabled. Are you saying that the audio is better when this app is completely stopped? I'll give that a try today.

It should not be hard to get rid of it, you could use a visual program like ADBTools to disable the app for good.

Mar 22, 2023 at 12:51 PM Post #1,287 of 2,823

Did you disable all the other Google apps ? I’m streaming through Apple Music and realised the battery is not as good as you mentioned.

Mar 22, 2023 at 12:55 PM Post #1,288 of 2,823
2 days in, and I am absolutely loving the DAP. I was using my Moondrop Kato IEMs along with a Qudelix with my phone (android) as source. It was good, but too fiddly when it came to a commute and I was always getting in a cable tangle if I pulled my phone out for anything. Anyway, those were just practical annoyances.

There is something about the zx707 that just feels more warmer, airy and refined. The qudelix was amazing for its price, no question about that, but it did at times feel a bit shrill.

The positives so far:
- A dedicated device for music that works as it should, both with streaming audio and physical files on the SD card.
- Fantastic sound quality even with my budget IEMs. I have been enjoying my music with this one so far.
- I really like having the physical buttons.
- Good (not great) battery life

I can't speak about portability as I haven't done my usual commute with them yet, but I imagine it can sit in my other pocket undisturbed.

Mar 22, 2023 at 12:57 PM Post #1,289 of 2,823
Did you disable all the other Google apps ? I’m streaming through Apple Music and realised the battery is not as good as you mentioned.
Well, I did some basic optimization. I have no need for real time sync on my google stuff, so I went into Settings -> Accounts > My account > Account sync, turn everything off.
Second, location is disabled.
Device is in airplane mode with just wifi enabled.
Animations are off (Developer options), this just makes the device feel a lot more snappier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back