SONY NW-ZX700
Mar 20, 2023 at 3:41 PM Post #1,261 of 2,824
Mar 20, 2023 at 3:48 PM Post #1,262 of 2,824
I don't imagine Fedex works like that.
You can’t make sense out of FedEx. I had them sending me invoices I could pay before the delivery with PayPal, surprise visits in which they demanded the exact amount in cash (despite never having told me how much it would be) and invoice letters arriving months after the delivery.

Mar 20, 2023 at 3:49 PM Post #1,264 of 2,824
You can’t make sense out of FedEx. I had them sending me invoices I could pay before the delivery with PayPal, surprise visits in which they demanded the exact amount in cash (despite never having told me how much it would be) and invoice letters arriving months after the delivery.
Oh man, I hope there wont be any nasty surprises.

Mar 20, 2023 at 3:50 PM Post #1,265 of 2,824
Sadlly, those results are similar with what that I mentioned before and confirm the limitations of the internal micro SD card reader.
I also got disappointing results and a performance that is a far cry from what I get with my laptop using the official adapter.

Mar 20, 2023 at 3:52 PM Post #1,266 of 2,824
Oh man, I hope there wont be any nasty surprises.
They’re also quite good at sending duplicated invoices so make sure you document everything :)

Mar 20, 2023 at 4:06 PM Post #1,267 of 2,824
So I've been playing around a bit more with adb, and unfortunately, I could not get lift to wake to work, nor double tap to wake. However, on installing the "Double tap" app, and enabling both "Double tap" and "Lift to wake", lift to wake now works. It is a tad bit slow, but it definitely works.

Devtools says that the DAP does indeed have a gyroscope, but it might be a terrible one considering how slow lift to wake actually works.

Mar 20, 2023 at 4:33 PM Post #1,268 of 2,824
I also got disappointing results and a performance that is a far cry from what I get with my laptop using the official adapter.
I bought this micro SD card reader and using it with my card, the speeds for transfering files are up to 120mbs, which is great.

Mar 20, 2023 at 6:16 PM Post #1,269 of 2,824
So I've been playing around a bit more with adb, and unfortunately, I could not get lift to wake to work, nor double tap to wake. However, on installing the "Double tap" app, and enabling both "Double tap" and "Lift to wake", lift to wake now works. It is a tad bit slow, but it definitely works.

Devtools says that the DAP does indeed have a gyroscope, but it might be a terrible one considering how slow lift to wake actually works.
I wonder if adding the lift to wake will negatively affect your battery life. I would love that feature but not sure if I’m willing to use Dev tools and run adb shell quite yet.

Mar 21, 2023 at 4:02 AM Post #1,271 of 2,824
There no bug or any issue with it? If you restart the device will it return to normal with the 3 navigation button? or is there any way to reenable back the 3 navigation button after you enable the gesture navigation?
Not that I've noticed so far. I just restarted the DAP to see if it would reset upon boot, but no, still works. I guess the way to disable it would be to run the same command, but pass "enable" as the argument instead of "disable".

Mar 21, 2023 at 4:04 AM Post #1,272 of 2,824
I don't imagine Fedex works like that. Previously, with DHL, they would just send me a payment link with the import duties etc in it, I pay, and only then the item is released for delivery.

Fedex is the same as far as I know. As far as I am concerned, my business with them is done as soon as they handed the package over.
Well that was what I was hopeful for, until I saw the letter and bill which just came in two days back, asking me for the local goods and services tax, plus an additional US$10 service fee for paying the tax on behalf first. I got my package two weeks ago. Well that was sure short lived.

Mar 21, 2023 at 9:41 AM Post #1,273 of 2,824
First impression of battery life is not bad at all. And this is with DSEE, Vinyl processing, etc turned on and a lot of downloads from Apple music, so multiple read/write operations. It has survived almost 24 hours of usage.

Screenshot_20230321-140246.png

Mar 21, 2023 at 9:46 AM Post #1,274 of 2,824
First impression of battery life is not bad at all. And this is with DSEE, Vinyl processing, etc turned on and a lot of downloads from Apple music, so multiple read/write operations. It has survived almost 24 hours of usage.

Looks good, my A307 is much better than the battery life I had with A105 & ZX507 and its same size battery as the ZX707 but with much smaller screen & half the CPU cores of the ZX707. Lasts ages.

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2023 at 9:47 AM Post #1,275 of 2,824
Looks good, my A307 is much better than the battery life I had with A105 & ZX507 and its same size battery as the ZX707 but with much smaller screen & half the CPU cores of the ZX707. Last ages.
I'm sure it will be better as I get to "normal" usage. Yesterday and today have been understandably more hands on as I just got the DAP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back