SONY NW-ZX500
May 15, 2023 at 2:37 PM Post #8,446 of 8,639
I recently got a new zx507 for cheap, but the lack of USB DAC function is really disappointing. Does anyone know if there is a mod that does this? I'm no expert but I think there might be an apk for that function on other models (e.g. wm1zm2), which could be extracted and installed on unsupported models such as zx500. Hopefully someone has already done that.

May 15, 2023 at 9:42 PM Post #8,447 of 8,639
I recently got a new zx507 for cheap, but the lack of USB DAC function is really disappointing. Does anyone know if there is a mod that does this? I'm no expert but I think there might be an apk for that function on other models (e.g. wm1zm2), which could be extracted and installed on unsupported models such as zx500. Hopefully someone has already done that.
how cheap was it? I do not own zx507 but have you tried to find it in the Walkman app? Because this feature is in that app.

May 15, 2023 at 10:04 PM Post #8,448 of 8,639

The ZX507 can't be used as a USB DAC and I don't know of any way to add the function. The newer ZX700 and A306 do have the USB DAC function which is started from the Walkman App. Of course the ZX507 can be used as a source/transport to an external DAC but I don't think that's what you were asking.

May 24, 2023 at 12:07 PM Post #8,450 of 8,639
I had the similar issue after letting the battery go flat for a few months. Turns out even though the orange light was turning on with my 1A charger, it wasn’t actually charging. A hour on my 2A laptop charger brought it back to life.
I don't have it anymore, got rid of it... But thanks for your suggestion

Jun 1, 2023 at 6:50 AM Post #8,457 of 8,639
Hi, yes I entered recovery and did a full factory wipe and rebooted and still locked to previous Google account so can't use..:frowning2:
If there is really no other way, you have to ask Google how to recover your Google Account or send it in to Sony for wiping

Jun 1, 2023 at 7:00 AM Post #8,459 of 8,639
Its a third party item so I can't recover Google account or send it to Sony for a wipe as I am not the original owner and I don't know who is!??
Does Sony care about that? I would just ask but if it is an used item, you can just show the proof that you bought it. If you bought it (even used), you are the legal owner and that is all Sony would care about if they care at all

Jun 1, 2023 at 8:34 AM Post #8,460 of 8,639
Does Sony care about that? I would just ask but if it is an used item, you can just show the proof that you bought it. If you bought it (even used), you are the legal owner and that is all Sony would care about if they care at all
From previous experience Sony would say go back to the original owner and get them to unlock it...I think that's what Sony would say.. But I'll give them a call and see if they are willing to comply. Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back