SONY NW-ZX500
Jun 9, 2022 at 12:28 PM Post #8,176 of 8,639
Hey guys, I searched around a bit, but just want to confirm, the US version of the 507 does not have the volume cap implemented, correct?

Jun 9, 2022 at 12:39 PM Post #8,177 of 8,639
Hey guys, I searched around a bit, but just want to confirm, the US version of the 507 does not have the volume cap implemented, correct?

Indeed, it doesn't.

Jun 12, 2022 at 3:31 AM Post #8,178 of 8,639
Could you please specify what exactly was changed in the latest firmware? Does it fix the EU cap?
Hi, sorry for my late reply. A detailed specification for all firmware updates is available on the Sony website. With the firmware updates the EU volume limitation has not gone completely but sony increased volume level materially. With firmware 1.xx I needed to listening between a volume of 90 to 120 (max). Now, I normally listen with a volume of 60 to 80 depending on the volume level of the Tracks. This is a huge improvement in my opinion...

Jun 12, 2022 at 3:47 AM Post #8,179 of 8,639
Hi, sorry for my late reply. A detailed specification for all firmware updates is available on the Sony website. With the firmware updates the EU volume limitation has not gone completely but sony increased volume level materially. With firmware 1.xx I needed to listening between a volume of 90 to 120 (max). Now, I normally listen with a volume of 60 to 80 depending on the volume level of the Tracks. This is a huge improvement in my opinion...
That sounds cheeky i get around the cap :p

Jun 12, 2022 at 10:38 PM Post #8,180 of 8,639
Hi
I experience annoying issue:
When u turn on ur zx507 paired with 4.4 sony kimber mmcx - xba Z5,
U hear cracks in sound 1st few seconds when chord is moving or audio jack is spinning. (i guess it's due to slight audio jaxk spins when u transport dap)
After u purposely spin it few times, cracks in sound go away. Completely. It's ok.
This issue happens when u start listening music after a long break.
4.4 is almost always stays connected with zx507 socket.

What is the problem?
Why I need to spin audio jack to clear cracks for sound every time I start listening music after long break?

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2022 at 1:10 AM Post #8,181 of 8,639
where did you find this detailed spec for all firmware updates? I had a look on the Sony UK site and could only find the current firmware (and description)

Jun 13, 2022 at 4:01 AM Post #8,182 of 8,639
Hi
I experience annoying issue:
When u turn on ur zx507 paired with 4.4 sony kimber mmcx - xba Z5,
U hear cracks in sound 1st few seconds when chord is moving or audio jack is spinning. (i guess it's due to slight audio jaxk spins when u transport dap)
After u purposely spin it few times, cracks in sound go away. Completely. It's ok.
This issue happens when u start listening music after a long break.
4.4 is almost always stays connected with zx507 socket.

What is the problem?
Why I need to spin audio jack to clear cracks for sound every time I start listening music after long break?
The 500mF capacitor in the ZX500 Series takes up to 220 Seconds to be fully charged. But cracks when moving the audio jack? Not sure if that can be related to that, i'd be surprised but who knows?

Have you tried cleaning the plug? I had that issue with the WM1Z and the IER-M9 until i cleaned the plug

Jun 13, 2022 at 5:42 AM Post #8,183 of 8,639
Last edited:
Jun 13, 2022 at 6:42 AM Post #8,184 of 8,639
The 500mF capacitor in the ZX500 Series takes up to 220 Seconds to be fully charged. But cracks when moving the audio jack? Not sure if that can be related to that, i'd be surprised but who knows?

Have you tried cleaning the plug? I had that issue with the WM1Z and the IER-M9 until i cleaned the plug
by plug u mean 4.4 jack?
I rubbed it with my tshirt)))
I m not sure if it helped.
I ll check next time when I turn it on. again the issue is present just 1st 10 seconds. it is completely gone after u spin the audio jack inside socket few times.

is there a specific method to clean audio jack? with alcohol or what? may it be the issue of non original sony kimber cable. cable has original mmcx which perfectly suit xba z5 (same as stock cable). / there re cheap sony-kimber with non-sony style mmcx, which dont suit well. I tried a few non sony cables. 150-350 bucks. all had issues with connection. either non-stable sound / no sound in one earphone or extremely hard to disconnect earphone from cable.

Jun 13, 2022 at 7:05 AM Post #8,185 of 8,639
by plug u mean 4.4 jack?
I rubbed it with my tshirt)))
I m not sure if it helped.
I ll check next time when I turn it on. again the issue is present just 1st 10 seconds. it is completely gone after u spin the audio jack inside socket few times.

is there a specific method to clean audio jack? with alcohol or what? may it be the issue of non original sony kimber cable. cable has original mmcx which perfectly suit xba z5 (same as stock cable). / there re cheap sony-kimber with non-sony style mmcx, which dont suit well. I tried a few non sony cables. 150-350 bucks. all had issues with connection. either non-stable sound / no sound in one earphone or extremely hard to disconnect earphone from cable.
Exactly, yes. Just rubbing it with the T-Shirt (the same i did, don't use an expensive one otherwise you'll have the jack coating on it :D) and that should do it.

Jun 13, 2022 at 11:48 PM Post #8,186 of 8,639
https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/...s-nw-nwz-zx-series/nw-zx507/software/00268355

you need to go to "view previous benefits and improvements "

I hope that helps!
Sadly not, it's the same page I already had. It's for the current firmware only and doesn't mention anything about volume or power levels. When clicking the "view previous benefits and improvements" it just opens a hidden list headed with "The following benefits and improvements are also included in this update.", so nothing at all about older updates. I still have to go to 85 to drive my Moondrop Starfields and 95 to drive my Sony MDR-1A's

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2022 at 3:49 AM Post #8,187 of 8,639
Sadly not, it's the same page I already had. It's for the current firmware only and doesn't mention anything about volume or power levels. When clicking the "view previous benefits and improvements" it just opens a hidden list headed with "The following benefits and improvements are also included in this update.", so nothing at all about older updates. I still have to go to 85 to drive my Moondrop Starfields and 95 to drive my Sony MDR-1A's
I don't think that the EU Volume Limiter is removed using an Firmware update.

The UK Versions run on the CEW (Central Europe West) Code.

So Sony doesn't know if you have an UK Walkman, or German Walkman or French Walkman. To Sony, they are all the same. So they can not remove it with an firmware update, that would remove it for all CEW Walkman

Jun 18, 2022 at 9:54 PM Post #8,188 of 8,639
Hey guys,

was wondering if this player supports Dolby Atmos through apple music/Tidal? Thinking of picking this up and because I have a lot of Atmos music on my apple music account I would like to know before purchasing.

Thanks.

Jun 19, 2022 at 4:33 PM Post #8,189 of 8,639
I looked everywhere I cannot find it.

What is the output impedance of the Sony NW-ZX507!?

Jun 19, 2022 at 6:09 PM Post #8,190 of 8,639
I looked everywhere I cannot find it.

What is the output impedance of the Sony NW-ZX507!?
Sony doesn't tell. They have been asked several times and the developers answered with "It doesn't matter".

Several people measured it but everyone came to a different value...

I think I've read 1.3Ω somewhere but I agree with Sony. It doesn't matter.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back