SONY NW-ZX500
Apr 23, 2022 at 4:10 AM Post #8,101 of 8,639
hi need some help, anybody have an idea how much it costs to have a zx507 reformatted by sony? Its still under warranty but forgot its pin… unfortunately after some research found out there is now way to reset it but to bring it to the service center and will need to pay a certain fee even if its under warranty… i gave it to a relative already but he also wasnt using it much and forgot the pin unfortunately
By reformatting, do you mean a factory reset? Additionally, if you forgot the pin for the device, please do remember to bring your original invoice to the Sony store else you might get into trouble cos they may think that you stole it.

Apr 23, 2022 at 4:12 AM Post #8,102 of 8,639
Apr 23, 2022 at 4:20 AM Post #8,103 of 8,639
By reformatting, do you mean a factory reset? Additionally, if you forgot the pin for the device, please do remember to bring your original invoice to the Sony store else you might get into trouble cos they may think that you stole it.
@Sonywalkmanuser

I realised that Sony Singapore store does not show the ZX507 anymore as a music player but in other regions still have. Do you have any intel?

RE: https://store.sony.com.sg/collections/hi-res-players-recorders-amplifiers?cpint=sso:menu-lvl2:high-res-players-recorder
Yes forgot the pin… will bring it to the nearest service center here in our country. We have all documents and still under warranty with receipt so no worries about that, just want to know to have an idea how much they will charge us for it as i read in the sony manual that they will require a fee. The service center here is closed on weekends so cannot inquire yet and begin the process of having it reset/reformatted by them. Its such a “stupid” mistake that i think i’ll feel better knowing how much the damage will cost to my wallet haha

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2022 at 5:13 AM Post #8,104 of 8,639
Apr 23, 2022 at 6:31 AM Post #8,105 of 8,639
Apr 24, 2022 at 2:42 AM Post #8,108 of 8,639
So is a ZX507 replacement coming soon if ZX507 not being stocked?
This is what I am having an inkling about. The ZX507 is currently at or almost 4 years old. Maybe Sony is considering a revision. Japan, Hong Kong and Taiwan still have stock for it so I am not sure.

As for Singapore's case, it is not listed on the Sony site anymore so thats what I am basing my understanding off.

P.S. I hope they name it the ZX707 instead of ZX507M2 cos the previous one was ZX300.

Apr 24, 2022 at 2:44 AM Post #8,109 of 8,639
Yes forgot the pin… will bring it to the nearest service center here in our country. We have all documents and still under warranty with receipt so no worries about that, just want to know to have an idea how much they will charge us for it as i read in the sony manual that they will require a fee. The service center here is closed on weekends so cannot inquire yet and begin the process of having it reset/reformatted by them. Its such a “stupid” mistake that i think i’ll feel better knowing how much the damage will cost to my wallet haha
I think it is nearly impossible for us to answer your query. We do not know which country you are from. Sony's presence in your region/country will affect how much you are charged for repair. Additionally, we do not know Sony's procedures for such repairs. Sony may pull an Apple on you and tell you to replace the whole board.

Apr 24, 2022 at 5:43 AM Post #8,110 of 8,639

In case anyone needs to do that in the future.

• Power off the device
  • Press and hold Power and Vol- until the sony logo comes up
  • Release buttons. After a while an open Android and "No Command" should appear
  • Press and hold Power, press Vol+, Release Vol+, Release power
You now have the recovery menu where you can select items with vol+/- and enter with Power button

Have you tried a factory reset of the system from the recovery menu?

Apr 27, 2022 at 8:22 PM Post #8,112 of 8,639
This is what I am having an inkling about. The ZX507 is currently at or almost 4 years old. Maybe Sony is considering a revision. Japan, Hong Kong and Taiwan still have stock for it so I am not sure.

As for Singapore's case, it is not listed on the Sony site anymore so thats what I am basing my understanding off.

P.S. I hope they name it the ZX707 instead of ZX507M2 cos the previous one was ZX300.

The 507 is still available here in the US via Amazon. Sold out on the Sony website.

I personally just want to see an Android 10/11 update to the current ZX507, although a revised model with a better battery life would be nice too.

Apr 28, 2022 at 11:43 PM Post #8,114 of 8,639
Hmm, the Walkman blog isn't showing any posts about a ZX507 replacement. That doesn't mean that Sony isn't working on a replacement, it's just that the Walkman blog is usually on top of any Sony new ear / headphones and DAP releases. I guess it's wait and see what happens.

Apr 29, 2022 at 10:04 AM Post #8,115 of 8,639
The ZX300 was on stock for a long time and still is in stock even though the ZX500 is already a bit old.

I think its going to be either of two cases

* ZX500 will get an Android 11 Upgrade and USB DAC Features and so on
* There will be an ZX700 with FTCAP3 that will have Android 11, USB DAC and so on

I somewhat doubt that both will happen.

And i think Sony is trying to protect the sales of the WM1AM2 and also is most likely trying to get the ZX500 Stocks as low as possible

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back