SONY NW-ZX500
Dec 18, 2021 at 5:26 PM Post #7,876 of 8,639
I formatted using the Android Software. That seemed to do the trick. LOL That is the best I have got.

Dec 18, 2021 at 5:34 PM Post #7,877 of 8,639
Dec 18, 2021 at 6:49 PM Post #7,878 of 8,639
There is an Android music player app, USB Audio Player Pro. This app allows you to login to Tidal and play music from there bit-perfectly on the ZX500/A100 players. All other 3rd party apps are using a different audio path, the one that resamples the audio, while UAPP can play audio through the same audio path as the Walkman app, the one that doesn't do any resampling, the same one used by the Walkman player app.
Seriously, what a revelation!! I've been enjoying my ZX-507 for about a month or two either from my SD card or via Qobuz but the difference was night and day in favour of the SD card. Yet, a single streaming note coming from UAPP (Qobuz - Bit Perfect function turned on) was enough to set me ablaze; I knew how Qobuz files sounded from my regular setup, both stereo and hp, so it was ridiculous to see how limiting Android was with regards to SQ. UAPP levels the field no question; I say no Android player should be without it, especially for those of us who want to enjoy true hi-res quality from streaming!

Thanks for the heads up guys, I was aware of the app but totally forgot about it by the time I actually got me a decent DAP.

*listening to Il Giardino Armonico (Pietro Locatelli) by Ilya Gringolds (BIS) on Qobuz (96/24).
-------------------
PS. For those of us using a set of IER-M9, another recent piece of revelation is how well Final Type E/black tips fit the bill as a direct substitute for Sony's silicon tips. But that belongs to a different topic, probably need to make time to share at the appropriate thread.

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2021 at 10:11 AM Post #7,879 of 8,639
Anyone have success using an external USB-C microphone?

The Boya wasn’t recognized. Wondering if the Zoom AM7 would.

Yet without the 507 outputting analogue audio from the USB-C, I wouldn’t think analogue in would work.

Dec 20, 2021 at 11:11 AM Post #7,883 of 8,639
Guys what do u think of the

FiiO M11 Plus LTD vs the ZX507 as i found it for the same price and thinking of changing as to more bells and whistles?​

Dec 21, 2021 at 12:28 PM Post #7,885 of 8,639
I use my FiiO M11 from time to time. FiiO DAP's are very neutrally tuned. Personally, I like the Sony NW-ZX507 much better. I like his warmth tuning. And that it can be adapted to personal taste via a system-wide equalizer. This is not possible with the FiiO M11 or only to a very limited extent. If you are looking for an absolutely honest DAP, FiiO is in good hands. But if you want to adapt your DAP to your personal preferences, should keep your hands off FiiO DAP's. And for example, reach for the Sony NW-ZX507...

Dec 21, 2021 at 12:38 PM Post #7,886 of 8,639
The fiio has an eq as well to personally tune correct? I have the ZX507 but for $200 less the M11 ltd has way more features then the zx not to mention android 10? i will have to give it a listen and send one back. The usb dac and car play is imortant. This my first dap with dac so i want to make the right decission and spending this $$ is ridic lol

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2021 at 3:08 PM Post #7,887 of 8,639
The fiio has an eq as well to personally tune correct? I have the ZX507 but for $200 less the M11 ltd has way more features then the zx not to mention android 10? i will have to give it a listen and send one back. The usb dac and car play is imortant. This my first dap with dac so i want to make the right decission and spending this $$ is ridic lol
If you think it's ridiculous I would not do it. You won't be happy either way. I also have the m11 and it's a solid dap. I have had no issues with it. Everything is personal preference.

Dec 21, 2021 at 3:14 PM Post #7,888 of 8,639

Note that if you’re comparing these two on their actual MSRP prices, the ZX507 can purchased for less than MSRP at AccessorJack FYI. It’s actually less than the FiiO M11 Plus.

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2021 at 3:30 PM Post #7,889 of 8,639
no idead what AccessorJack is, i'm in canada the sony is just over$1000 and M11 ltd is like $850 i may just return the sony after i hear the fiio

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back