SONY NW-ZX500
Jul 28, 2021 at 10:56 AM Post #7,519 of 8,639
Pity it doesn't fix the lack of spatial with Apple Music
I would like this but suspect it’s a licensing thing, Sony have their 360 Reality Audio, not sure they would want the competition on board? Would of course be a win for consumers.
I would like to see system wide direct DAC mode rather than most apps routing via android. There is a subtle sound difference between the modes IMO. Of course USB DAC would be welcome but I doubt we will see that.

Jul 28, 2021 at 1:21 PM Post #7,521 of 8,639
Jul 31, 2021 at 1:22 PM Post #7,523 of 8,639
Hi there,

I am quite impressed by the ZX507 and using Amazon Music HD. Sound quality is really good in my opinion. But sometimes loading time in Amazon Music lasts very long. After chosing an album it last up to two minutes until I can see and select the tracks and I can play them... Wifi connection is perfect, I doubt that this is the reason. I already had a look into the settings if I can change something... but I could not find settings for cache e.g. Also I deinstalled and reinstalled the app... without success... the issue appeared again. Has everyone experienced the same or even a solution for that? Thanks in advance for the help!

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2021 at 4:06 AM Post #7,524 of 8,639
I know it’s the wrong topic but this one sees more usage. Does Anyone have the NW-A105 international update link and can you tell me if the international version prompts you to check volume every few hours of listening?

Aug 1, 2021 at 6:21 AM Post #7,525 of 8,639
I know it’s the wrong topic but this one sees more usage. Does Anyone have the NW-A105 international update link and can you tell me if the international version prompts you to check volume every few hours of listening?

Here is the link for International version. I don't know about the volume prompt; I don't recall ever seeing it myself. I'm using Japanese firmware (only because my A105HN is JDM). It's the same as international except for the Mora apps. My ZX507 is the international version.

https://info.update.sony.net/PA001/...tents/0013/NW-A100_0000_V4_04_00_NW_WM_FW.UPG

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2021 at 6:27 AM Post #7,526 of 8,639
Aug 1, 2021 at 7:35 AM Post #7,527 of 8,639
japanese firmware installation can bypass the volume cap? (A105,ZX507)

Aug 1, 2021 at 9:14 AM Post #7,528 of 8,639
japanese firmware installation can bypass the volume cap? (A105,ZX507)
Installing the firmware of any other region does not remove the volume cap, unfortunately this is something that is hard coded from the factory.

There is no known method to change this without access to root on the device, or without access to the tooling Sony use to initialise the device after a system board replacement.

Aug 1, 2021 at 9:19 PM Post #7,529 of 8,639
Bummer… appears my 507 cannot be updated to the latest firmware. Whenever I try, I continuously get the message:

“Could not retrieve update information. Check the network connection and try again.”

I also noticed that Apple Music and Spotify are both in need of updates… However it is impossible to update them in the Google Play store- I just get a “pending“ message forever.

The network connection is flawless. Speedtest shows 325 down, 33 up. Real world testing shows instant playback of online based hi-def video, so clearly the connection is good.

It’s not a storage issue either. I only have a few albums downloaded, and the majority of my storage is free.

Basically my device is simply incapable of any kind of update whatsoever- be it a system wide update or a simple app update… for no apparent reason whatsoever.

Next step is to wipe the device to factory settings. If that doesn’t work, I guess I’m just dealing with a device-killing issue.

UPDATE:

Factory reset worked. Now I just need to download my albums again, and configure the settings.

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2021 at 9:43 PM Post #7,530 of 8,639
Excuse me if these questions have already been answered, but can you skip using Sony's music centre software to transfer files and just copy them to a folder on the SD card instead?

Also, will the NW-ZX500 recognise album artwork if I've tagged the files in a program like foobar2000 for example?

Any information would be much appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back