SONY NW-ZX500
Jun 26, 2021 at 10:23 AM Post #7,442 of 8,639
Odd, not seeing that here. Maybe it skips a song once every like 40+ hours, but mostly associated that with its beta status.

It does seem like it takes the first song selected, like anytime it’s not the next one in the queue, a few more seconds to start then it does on my iOS devices. Once it’s playing through a queue though, it’s been basically solid for multi-hour listening sessions.

I have all 3 of my quality settings to high resolution, streaming cache at 200MB, and crossfade turned off. This is on the 3.6.0-beta (1111).

Jun 26, 2021 at 6:25 PM Post #7,443 of 8,639
Lossless and hi-res work and sound great. No Atmos currently available in any of the settings I see. Seems on Android it’s dependent on if the manufacturer decided to license Dolby at the OS level or something like that.
Odd, not seeing that here. Maybe it skips a song once every like 40+ hours, but mostly associated that with its beta status.

It does seem like it takes the first song selected, like anytime it’s not the next one in the queue, a few more seconds to start then it does on my iOS devices. Once it’s playing through a queue though, it’s been basically solid for multi-hour listening sessions.

I have all 3 of my quality settings to high resolution, streaming cache at 200MB, and crossfade turned off. This is on the 3.6.0-beta (1111).
I’ve made lots of changes to try and combat this.

what’s intersecting is the problem seems most likely to occur if I’m downloading music in the background.

seems to be a limitation on how much bandwidth Apple Music is allocated.

I’ve got a 250Mbps connection to my home (way norenthann

Jun 26, 2021 at 8:21 PM Post #7,444 of 8,639
I’ve made lots of changes to try and combat this.

what’s intersecting is the problem seems most likely to occur if I’m downloading music in the background.

seems to be a limitation on how much bandwidth Apple Music is allocated.

I’ve got a 250Mbps connection to my home (way norenthann
That makes some sense. I bet they have some more aggressive throttles in place to front those trying to redownload larger libraries in lossless+.

I’ve only been streaming just for a data point on what I’ve seen so far.

Jun 26, 2021 at 8:52 PM Post #7,445 of 8,639
That makes some sense. I bet they have some more aggressive throttles in place to front those trying to redownload larger libraries in lossless+.

I’ve only been streaming just for a data point on what I’ve seen so far.
Nope - problem came back, albeit temporarily.

Do you have your settings at Lossless or Lossless 192?

Maldonado, do you have Hi-Res Streaming switched on in the main settings?

Jun 26, 2021 at 10:56 PM Post #7,446 of 8,639
Nope - problem came back, albeit temporarily.

Do you have your settings at Lossless or Lossless 192?

Maldonado, do you have Hi-Res Streaming switched on in the main settings?
Apple Music I have lossless on, and then cellular, WiFi, and downloads all set to high-resolution lossless. System settings I have high-res streaming set to on.

Jun 27, 2021 at 11:23 AM Post #7,447 of 8,639
Interesting. Will see what it’s like when I can use it, I’m not in the beta.

That said I find it hard to find some of the music I like on Apple Music. Specific classical recordings are harder to find than they are on Tidal.

Jun 27, 2021 at 5:10 PM Post #7,450 of 8,639
Interesting. Will see what it’s like when I can use it, I’m not in the beta.

That said I find it hard to find some of the music I like on Apple Music. Specific classical recordings are harder to find than they are on Tidal.
For the 30 or so tracks I couldn't find on apple music, I uploaded the to icloud library, something that always irritated me on tidal not to be possible.

Jun 28, 2021 at 8:19 AM Post #7,453 of 8,639
3.6.0.beta (1111)
I am also using 1111. One thing to note is that I have gone a while ago though one of those checklists of everything you can disable to increase batter life on the zx507, per example disabling some background processes and animations.

Jun 29, 2021 at 4:53 AM Post #7,455 of 8,639
I am also using 1111. One thing to note is that I have gone a while ago though one of those checklists of everything you can disable to increase batter life on the zx507, per example disabling some background processes and animations.
Upgraded to 1112 today. Still an issue on the first track a listen to. Then it seems to settle down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back