SONY NW-ZX500
Nov 19, 2019 at 8:04 PM Post #618 of 8,639
I'm using the MDR-Z7M2 with the ZX507 at the moment. It sounds amazing. Although I wish I have something that's smaller so it won't such a hassle when I'm on the go.
Have you ever used the ZX300? If you have, would you mind sharing comparisons?

Nov 19, 2019 at 8:19 PM Post #619 of 8,639
Have you ever used the ZX300? If you have, would you mind sharing comparisons?

I have. Actually I still have it with me as I don't know what to do yet. Personally, I think the ZX300 might sound a little better. They both sounds so much alike to me though. I only had about 100 hours on ZX300 so I may never get to hear its actual potential sound.'
The ZX507 has a lot more bass to me. Been using "Exciting" for sound adjustment mixed with direct sound.
The battery on ZX300 is definitely better. The ZX507 battery drains so much when streaming music on internet. I may have to dig the manual a little more but so far I can't find the way to adjust the sound like I could with the ZX300 (there were 3 knobs - bass, mid, treble).
Interface is fast enough to navigate around. Try not to play around so much while playing music since I can see the battery taking quite a hit every time I kid around.

Nov 19, 2019 at 8:28 PM Post #620 of 8,639
I wonder if the android system in this player will affect the sound of the sony zx line products, the previous ones using sony's custom operation system works well too. But the android also has the advantage of tidal and such, wondering of I should consider investing in them when the price dies down.

Nov 20, 2019 at 12:34 AM Post #621 of 8,639
I have. Actually I still have it with me as I don't know what to do yet. Personally, I think the ZX300 might sound a little better. They both sounds so much alike to me though. I only had about 100 hours on ZX300 so I may never get to hear its actual potential sound.'
The ZX507 has a lot more bass to me. Been using "Exciting" for sound adjustment mixed with direct sound.
The battery on ZX300 is definitely better. The ZX507 battery drains so much when streaming music on internet. I may have to dig the manual a little more but so far I can't find the way to adjust the sound like I could with the ZX300 (there were 3 knobs - bass, mid, treble).
Interface is fast enough to navigate around. Try not to play around so much while playing music since I can see the battery taking quite a hit every time I kid around.
I believe what you're looking for is Tone Control, to enable it simply tap the settings icon while in the EQ screen and you'll see the option to switch to it. Is the UI/software of the ZX300 and the ZX500's music app identical? What differences are there, if any? I just thought I'd ask for your thoughts as I also own the ZX300 and the Z7M2s, which can give me better insight on what I can expect

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2019 at 1:56 AM Post #623 of 8,639
i'm heading to Fukuoka , Kyushu in about a week's time .. any recommendations where I can test and buy the NW-507 ?
Sony store or Biccamera in Tenjin or Yodobashi Camera in Hakata.

Nov 21, 2019 at 6:37 AM Post #625 of 8,639
I can confirm the EU volume limit is present in UK stock on the 507s

How do you know? Did you compare to an import one? We aren't just talking about the warning message you get.

Nov 21, 2019 at 7:13 AM Post #626 of 8,639
My Japanese Ebay one turned out great, no import duty, so got it for well over 200 less and no vol cap of course. Pretty pleased, especially that this is a big upgrade over zx 300, whoever says anything else, don't believe them
Zx300 is a dirty sq dap, perfect with Oriolus ba300s, but on its own way off the 1a, 1z line.
This little fella on the other hand is exactly what 300 should have been.
The bad news?
You all know it.. battery got a hit, blah blah,
Realistically, its still good, you have options to turn stuff off and just listen, i download it home and voilà!
Screen, even at minimum is way too bright, but high quality. A few glitches with Amazon HD, but that's Amazon as it doesn't work great on my phone either. Sound is tops btw.
All in all, i couldn't be happier, usb C means im up again in an hour of charging,so don't care about battery, one shouldn't listen more than 2,3 hours a day anyway and this gives you way more

Nov 21, 2019 at 7:31 AM Post #627 of 8,639
My Japanese Ebay one turned out great, no import duty, so got it for well over 200 less and no vol cap of course. Pretty pleased, especially that this is a big upgrade over zx 300, whoever says anything else, don't believe them
Zx300 is a dirty sq dap, perfect with Oriolus ba300s, but on its own way off the 1a, 1z line.
This little fella on the other hand is exactly what 300 should have been.
The bad news?
You all know it.. battery got a hit, blah blah,
Realistically, its still good, you have options to turn stuff off and just listen, i download it home and voilà!
Screen, even at minimum is way too bright, but high quality. A few glitches with Amazon HD, but that's Amazon as it doesn't work great on my phone either. Sound is tops btw.
All in all, i couldn't be happier, usb C means im up again in an hour of charging,so don't care about battery, one shouldn't listen more than 2,3 hours a day anyway and this gives you way more

How close does it get to the 1A sound wise? I found the 1A to be noticeably better sounding than the ZX300.

Nov 21, 2019 at 12:45 PM Post #629 of 8,639
Cool
Now we need someone soon to a/b this vs 1z haha )

Nov 21, 2019 at 1:18 PM Post #630 of 8,639
How close does it get to the 1A sound wise? I found the 1A to be noticeably better sounding than the ZX300.
Imo this is it if you want a compact walkman with top sound

Users who are viewing this thread

Back