SONY NW-ZX500
Nov 2, 2020 at 5:15 AM Post #5,941 of 8,639
it's microsoft's fault. as it is their deliberate choice.
I hate windows for this reason.
a year ago I bought a new laptop.
and new version of realtek audio driver pissed me off.
no eq, and loudness normalization, sound disappears after waking up from sleep mode.
and u can't deal with all this issues by simply updating or reinstalling the driver.
dealing with eq problem leaves sound absence after sleep mode.
and after I spend a lot of time a few times (as this problem re-emraged a few time, after microsoft mandatory "updated" audio drives)
one problem still left. user has no option to select an input device.
in my situation it's microphone input.
when sony 1Am2 headphones (with micro in the 3.5mm chord) are connected, windows mandatory turns off internal dual microphone.
however later chord part of microphone in headphones died, and I can't symontenously use both headphones and microphone as current realtek version does leaves option to switch microphone input to internal one, when headphones with 4pin (microphone) 3.5 jack are connected to laptop.
in series of drive updates and reinstalls, the option of selecting microphone input emerged, however, no eq, loudness normalization, and sound absence after waking up from sleep mode.
eventually after particular sequence of reinstalling some version of driver and updating it in particular driver udpater software I have both eq and no issue with sound after sleep mode. however still I can't select input microphone.
to deal with microphone issue, I bough:
— 5m 3.5 (3pin)male to 3.5 (3pin)male cable.
— 3.5 to 3.5 female adapter.
thus I connect 3 pin (with out pin for microphone) to laptop, and via 3.5to3.5 female I connect my headphones with3.5 4pin (microphone) plug.
that's how I can use both headphones and internal microphone.
prior to buying a chord and adapter, I used wifi and old iphone as a microphone. additional soft created option to select microphone input between wifi(iphone) and realtek (internal or 4pin headphones)

a lot of headache thanks to microsoft
Microsoft isn't responsible for the hardware choices you make or the drivers written by the manufacturers of that hardware. Nice rant but completely off base.

Nov 2, 2020 at 10:45 AM Post #5,942 of 8,639
Microsoft isn't responsible for the hardware choices you make or the drivers written by the manufacturers of that hardware. Nice rant but completely off base.
my choices??
r u alright?
it's default windows driver. and it became awful on win 10.
it's microsoft's responsibly to ensure flawless working process of their software.
however they can't do it/ and customers must spend a lot of time to fix microsofts soft bugs

Nov 2, 2020 at 8:24 PM Post #5,943 of 8,639
Has anyone else noticed small chips or roughness around the rim of the 4.4MM plug? my unit is absolutely brand new. never opened, factory fresh. Yet, it looks a little chipped along the copper rim of the 4.4 nothing major, wont loose sleep over it but just curious if anyone else noticed this.

Nov 2, 2020 at 8:26 PM Post #5,944 of 8,639
Has anyone else noticed small chips or roughness around the rim of the 4.4MM plug? my unit is absolutely brand new. never opened, factory fresh. Yet, it looks a little chipped along the copper rim of the 4.4 nothing major, wont loose sleep over it but just curious if anyone else noticed this.
I've noticed that on the 507, HiBy R6 Pro and iBasso DX160. One supplier and their quality isn't fantastic?

Nov 2, 2020 at 8:28 PM Post #5,945 of 8,639
I've noticed that on the 507, HiBy R6 Pro and iBasso DX160. One supplier and their quality isn't fantastic?
Most likely, I did notice a very similar thing on the FiiO M15 that a co-worker of mine owns. at first i thought it was natural ware from use. or possibly the copper tube used as the housing for the port was probably stretched too thin? not sure. but yeah, im 98% sure its 1 supplier and its just a general QA problem for multiple brand DAPs.

Nov 3, 2020 at 7:23 AM Post #5,947 of 8,639
Amazon Music HD

I am getting some issues with downloaded files.

I see a lot of Download Failed pop ups.

Often when I play downloaded music the following happens:
1) it will stop after 30 seconds
2) The download status will disappear and the song will start to download (again)
3) It will start playing the next track
(And repeat for the whole album)

once I have re-downloaded I think that’s the last time it happens. but it’s happening with my whole collection. It’s very boring to have every song stop and re download.

(Only once have I got a “corrupted download - need to redownload” message.

many ideas?

Nov 3, 2020 at 7:58 AM Post #5,948 of 8,639
Amazon Music HD

I am getting some issues with downloaded files.

I see a lot of Download Failed pop ups.

Often when I play downloaded music the following happens:
1) it will stop after 30 seconds
2) The download status will disappear and the song will start to download (again)
3) It will start playing the next track
(And repeat for the whole album)

once I have re-downloaded I think that’s the last time it happens. but it’s happening with my whole collection. It’s very boring to have every song stop and re download.

(Only once have I got a “corrupted download - need to redownload” message.

many ideas?
I run Amazon HD with zero issues, maybe delete app and files and reinstall, what micro SD card are you running , maybe it has issues try a reformat using a formatting tool outside of windows. Let me know if that works

Users who are viewing this thread

Back