Sony NW-ZX300
Sep 24, 2017 at 8:10 AM Post #662 of 12,862
Thats wrong. The WM1s have TRRRS and TRS. Also the sleeve isnt wired up on the TRRRS. TRRS means either balanced or remote compatible. You can look up intern pictures for this information.

The WM1 should have TRRS 3.5mm jack same as ZX2?
as other members who owned ZX2 used their old earphones with TRRS plug on WM1 and it works

Sep 24, 2017 at 8:13 AM Post #663 of 12,862
The WM1 have TRRS 3.5mm jack same as ZX2
as other members who owned ZX2 used their old earphones with TRRS plug on WM1 and it works
obvsly it works since the wiring is the same but its not balanced lol its the same shared ground. its like connecting 2 wires to one ground vs a y wire thats connected to one ground and later split up.

Sep 24, 2017 at 8:24 AM Post #666 of 12,862
Currently, I'm the happy and very satisfied owner of the WM-NW1A.

Initially I wanted to get the ZX300 too, but on second thought, I'm not sure I will do so. What for? WM-NW1A boasts a slightly better sound, and sound quality should be the priority. So for the majority of people who already own one of the WM-NW1 DAPs, it doesn't really make sense to get this....

However, I'm still torturing myself trying to decide whether to get the WM-NW1Z.

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2017 at 9:16 AM Post #667 of 12,862
the guy before said its balanced but there is no difference lol

I have never said it's balanced, just TRRS separate grounding which does improve SQ slightly.

Sep 24, 2017 at 9:31 AM Post #669 of 12,862
Separate grounding does not mean balanced

Sep 24, 2017 at 11:50 AM Post #672 of 12,862
obvsly it works since the wiring is the same but its not balanced lol its the same shared ground. its like connecting 2 wires to one ground vs a y wire thats connected to one ground and later split up.
Are you the engineer behind Walkman? How can you claim that they shared grounds when Sony said they are separated ground. Do you know how SMaster is wired and engineered ? It could just be the 2 separated negative signals wired directly from SMAster itself and Sony can not claim that it is balanced because there are no inducted coils to further amplify the signals.

Unless you are thinking that you can simply connect a 3.5mm positive and chassis ground for negative and get music from it...go ahead...try it. Chassis ground is different from Signal ground ***

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2017 at 11:53 AM Post #673 of 12,862
Are you the engineer behind Walkman? How can you claim that they shared grounds when Sony said they are separated ground. Do you know how SMaster is wired and engineered ?
Never said I know anything better than Sony. Sony themselves dont claim its separated ground lol They say its shared, but they claim that the separation till the AMP gives it better "audio separation". Just look it up man. Also I never said anything about there S-Master system. I dont wanna create a stupid discussion, they ground is shared on the SE output and thats fact, ask the Sony Support/Engineer or who ever you want that actually works or knows how the PCB is laid out. One more way is to just use a multi meter and check if it is shared and it is.

Sep 24, 2017 at 11:55 AM Post #674 of 12,862
Never said I know anything better than Sony. Sony themselves dont claim its separated ground lol They say its shared, but they claim that the separation till the AMP gives it better "audio separation". Just look it up man. Also I never said anything about there S-Master system. I dont wanna create a stupid discussion, they ground is shared on the SE output and thats fact, ask the Sony Support/Engineer or who ever you want that actually works or knows how the PCB is laid out. One more way is to just use a multi meter and check if it is shared and it is.

Link it up to me, perhap you are talking about Zx300 and not Zx2. Sony claimed ZX2 had “Separated grounding” on the uses of 3.5mm TRRS

Sep 24, 2017 at 11:56 AM Post #675 of 12,862
Are you the engineer behind Walkman? How can you claim that they shared grounds when Sony said they are separated ground. Do you know how SMaster is wired and engineered ? It could just be the 2 separated negative signals wired directly from SMAster itself and Sony can not claim that it is balanced because there are no inducted coils to further amplify the signals.

Unless you are thinking that you can simply connect a 3.5mm positive and chassis ground for negative and get music from it...go ahead...try it. Chassis ground is different from Signal ground ***
Link it up to me, perhap you are talking about Zx300 and not Zx2. Sony claimed ZX2 had “Separated grounding” on the uses of 3.5mm TRRS
I am not even speaking about any of those, I am speaking about the WM1A and WM1Z. I dont know anything about the ZX2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back