Sony NW-ZX300
Oct 22, 2017 at 8:10 AM Post #1,591 of 12,862
some do end up in taobao and ebay, you just have to look around for them.

Oct 22, 2017 at 8:11 AM Post #1,592 of 12,862
So, must be a few in owners hands now so what's opinion compared to other Sony players inc ZX2 and the expensive ones, also interested comparing to Mojo; DFRed; AK & Fiio players; LG V30

Oct 22, 2017 at 8:29 AM Post #1,593 of 12,862
So, must be a few in owners hands now so what's opinion compared to other Sony players inc ZX2 and the expensive ones, also interested comparing to Mojo; DFRed; AK & Fiio players; LG V30
More detail and musical than my LG V20 with wired and wireless. Greatest difference is when wired as the ZX300 must have a better amp than the V20. But given the V20 is only about £300 it is a bargain DAP.

Oct 22, 2017 at 8:30 AM Post #1,594 of 12,862

good luck with that, aside from compliance sticker, shipping dates, cases and bluetooth, the current owners seem too quiet about the SQ or functionalities... lolsigh

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2017 at 8:39 AM Post #1,595 of 12,862

I will compare with ak70 and fiio x5iii a brief comparison :) when I get it.... But I still have to buy a balanced cable so it may just be out the SE. A35 holds up well to the other players (except for power) so I expect good things out of the zx300 with more power behind it. We shall see. Of course could be a bit before I have it in my hands hopefully AJ ships soon as I looks like the US aren't getting them till maybe November.

Don't have mojo anymore so can't do that comparison.

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2017 at 8:43 AM Post #1,596 of 12,862
Honestly while driving iems, i have always felt that the A35 was adequate (even without high gain).

Oct 22, 2017 at 8:49 AM Post #1,597 of 12,862
Honestly while driving iems, i have always felt that the A35 was adequate (even without high gain).

Oh yes it drives most stuff very good, but the other daps I mentioned have more headroom and will drive 300 ohm cans pretty good. Is there a hi gain setting on A35?

And a35 is a real cracker if you don't have any naughty hi ohm cans, great sound, great price, and small with better than average battery life.

Oct 22, 2017 at 8:52 AM Post #1,598 of 12,862
Oh yes it drives most stuff very good, but the other daps I mentioned have more headroom and will drive 300 ohm cans pretty good. Is there a hi gain setting on A35?

And a35 is a real cracker if you don't have any naughty hi ohm cans, great sound, great price, and small with better than average battery life.
Si signor, if you check under output settings.

Oct 22, 2017 at 8:59 AM Post #1,600 of 12,862
Well I'll be dammed, I never knew that, well time to cancel my zx300 order :wink: ha ha I doubt it will drive my senns but I'm going to check it out.
I have never ventured there as the default settings were always adequate for the iems i have. Looking at the brighter side its there, whether i use it or not is secondary. now you have something to play around with till you get the zx300 :wink:

Oct 22, 2017 at 12:14 PM Post #1,602 of 12,862
File_000 (40).jpeg
File_000 (41).jpeg
File_002 (13).jpeg
File_005 (4).jpeg
I have had this since yesterday and i this is my little observation first off if you are in the uk or Eu make sure you remove the volume limiter straight away , the damn "check your volume" warning came up as soon as you first turn it on and use it for the first time it sounded quiet so i had to increase the volume ..but the rockbox fix should sort that out.
I mostly compared it to my ZX100 and i put the Cayin N3 in the mix ...First off i love the new sony UI and the touch screen was perfect worked smoothly firmware I.00 no bugs at all kudos sony .
Now comparing the sound i used the same song on both the ZX100 and ZX300 all sound settings off ..volume matched at 16 on the ZX100 and 96 on the ZX300 .
Out of the the single socket both had a nice bass slam detailed and controlled good mids and a nice treble ..the ZX300 has a slightly wider soundstage but i felt that the sound signature was the same i think the magic is with the balanced socket but i have no cables to check it..with the Cayin N3 it held its own having slightly treble extension but the bass slam and mids details was no where as good as the sony's.
Build quality wise the sony ZX300 wins with the gorgeous buttons on the side even the hold button has a nice dimpled grip to it ,and the screen is bright and detailed a very good contrast and resolution.
The ZX300 is great dap if you are going to make use of the balanced socket to my ears the ZX300 and ZX100 sound the same from the normal headphone out albeit the ZX300 has a slightly better soundstage and the build quality with the side controls is just gorgeous ...those of you on the fence about getting silver just buy it is nice with the side control buttons ..

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2017 at 2:10 PM Post #1,605 of 12,862
I tried the USB DAC feature with my Galaxy S7 edge and the WMC-NWH10 cable and that failed. Perhaps another cable is required.

I was advised this should work so I bought it, but don't have my ZX300 until Wed-Fri to test yet.

s-l1600.jpg

Will be testing connected to:
  • Z5 compact with Sony adapter and Penon Silver OTG USB2 cable
  • S8 with Sony adapter and cheap USB C OTG cable
  • iPhone with the USB3 camera adapter

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back