Sony NW-ZX300
Oct 20, 2017 at 4:51 PM Post #1,533 of 12,862
Ha ha I'm hoping it doesn't look that sloppy, although I'm being petty because it will be in the case most of the time.
Here is a clearer photo of a china one, either way I don't like it, thats why I got the Japanese version.

3o0s0003p3o01pqoq3p8.jpg
59e6c8362ecfb9710_jpg_e600.jpg

Oct 20, 2017 at 5:03 PM Post #1,534 of 12,862
Here is a clearer photo of a china one, either way I don't like it, thats why I got the Japanese version.

That looks like a preproduction plate if you look at the members picture of the zx300A it looks much smoother at the edge. Look at page 95 and you can see the edges where you could just peel it off. And yes I would have gotten the Japanese version if I knew I could get it on amazon japan and I could change the settings to English.

Unfortunately Sony besides the ps4 has very low prominence here in the US and is outsold in every market except game systems by either Korea (samsung, LG) or Chinese manufacturers in electronics. So we don't get them fast here and are limited to one colour in this case- silver, which I don't like hence going with AJ for my order.

Anyways I'm being a bit silly about it, even the 3500$ ak 1000 has CE print on the back so I'm worrying way more than I should about the back of a player. If it sounds good and is nice to use that's all that matters. My HK nw a35 is covered by horrible print for the whole third bottom half ( looks like Helen Keller printed it ) and I still love it to death. And I mean the print is horrible!!

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2017 at 5:32 PM Post #1,535 of 12,862
That looks like a preproduction plate if you look at the members picture of the zx300A it looks much smoother at the edge. Look at page 95 and you can see the edges where you could just peel it off. And yes I would have gotten the Japanese version if I knew I could get it on amazon japan and I could change the settings to English.

Unfortunately Sony besides the ps4 has very low prominence here in the US and is outsold in every market except game systems by either Korea (samsung, LG) or Chinese manufacturers in electronics. So we don't get them fast here and are limited to one colour in this case- silver, which I don't like hence going with AJ for my order.

Anyways I'm being a bit silly about it, even the 3500$ ak 1000 has CE print on the back so I'm worrying way more than I should about the back of a player. If it sounds good and is nice to use that's all that matters. My HK nw a35 is covered by horrible print for the whole third bottom half and I still love it to death. And I mean the print is horrible!!

But the Japan version could've been much more expensive in the end, as I don't think amazon will mess with the invoice to avoid customs.

Oct 20, 2017 at 5:42 PM Post #1,536 of 12,862
But the Japan version could've been much more expensive in the end, as I don't think amazon will mess with the invoice to avoid customs.

Well no it would have been cheaper, but do I really want to cancel my order and wait to get credited for my PP account and then go through a third party to buy gift certificates for amazon to get one without a sticker on the back? I'm using PP credit with AJ and I will pay it off in 2 months and get charged 0 interest.

Oh sorry I misread that, I don't think I would have had any customs charged with amazon Japan. I'm not 100% sure but I never got charged from China or the UK.

By the way mate, you guys have the best beer :) Belgian beer goes down so smooth and then hits you like a sledgehammer. Lol anyways sticker or not I'm not changing my order, they already shipped my mdra1's and my case :)

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2017 at 5:54 PM Post #1,537 of 12,862
Well no it would have been cheaper, but do I really want to cancel my order and wait to get credited for my PP account and then go through a third party to buy gift certificates for amazon to get one without a sticker on the back? I'm using PP credit with AJ and I will pay it off in 2 months and get charged 0 interest.

Oh sorry I misread that, I don't think I would have had any customs charged with amazon Japan. I'm not 100% sure but I never got charged from China or the UK.

By the way mate, you guys have the best beer :) Belgian beer goes down so smooth and then hits you like a sledgehammer.
I think you made the right decision buying from AJ. They're in such close contact with their customers, I find it to be reassuring. In the end, the player won't get taken out of the case and you'll forget about the back :)

Thanks, I guess. There really are many good beers in Belgium (although we Flemish have the best lol). Fun fact: in Bruges the brewery 'Halve Maan' has pipelines running under the pavement filled with beer, to transport it from the brewery itself to the bottling plant.

But unfortunately I have not drunk any beer in two years. (I follow a special diet to relieve a skin condition).

Oct 20, 2017 at 6:04 PM Post #1,538 of 12,862
I think you made the right decision buying from AJ. They're in such close contact with their customers, I find it to be reassuring. In the end, the player won't get taken out of the case and you'll forget about the back :)

Thanks, I guess. There really are many good beers in Belgium (although we Flemish have the best lol). Fun fact: in Bruges the brewery 'Halve Maan' has pipelines running under the pavement filled with beer, to transport it from the brewery itself to the bottling plant.

But unfortunately I have not drunk any beer in two years. (I follow a special diet to relieve a skin condition).

Sorry to hear that, I hope you get better :) I particularly

Sorry about that I hope you get better! I love the Westvleteren 12 and the Trappistes Rochefort 10 in particular.

Oct 20, 2017 at 7:12 PM Post #1,540 of 12,862
Thank you. Same with SBC, no change.

Hi,
Using the A15, there is a setting (Settings -> Bluetooth Settings -> Sound Effect Preset) that needs to be enable for the EQ to work, and it is applied using LDAC on my BT headphones.
Regarding the multiple conversions from file to the headphone, every player has it’s own implementation, and the same file can sound differently from player to player. The BT headphone will not play directly a flac file, it will need to be converted and processed, and that will make the difference.

Oct 21, 2017 at 3:43 AM Post #1,543 of 12,862
Looks like some UK Amazon customers received their ZX300s yesterday. Enjoy yours, mine is on a van somewhere :)
This is awesome news! Looking forward to impressions.

Oct 21, 2017 at 8:02 AM Post #1,545 of 12,862
Hi guys, so please... Happy with your nw-zx300 :) ?
Mine ordered from japan today, next week will be christmas before time
Just need to change it to french and yes me too !
Thanks to Mathieulh for his precious help and answer to my questions
Come back to you has soon has it arrived at home
Can’t wait ...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back