SONY NW-ZX2
Jul 24, 2017 at 2:19 AM Post #13,936 of 14,755
Have you experience battery issues after the root? It works actually, the DAP is rooted, cap removed, but now the battery life is half and I do not know what is the reason.
The Chinese app was very difficult to remove, I had to use different app and it succeeded after had been killed from the root app several times. Did factory reset, stop everything not related to music, everything looks fine, ZX2 can drive my Z7 now, but the battery issue is disappointing.
Could you say what active apps you have in your ZX2? I', trying to find what could be the issue with mine.

Hey mate. This is android and some app not playing nice. I actually turned off wireless / apps and was shocked the thing had battery after a week. To be honest I stopped using the android features a while ago. I turn everything off except Tidal. Just by having android do it's stuff and check for updates/emails etc etc, battery gets killed .

Jul 24, 2017 at 2:24 AM Post #13,937 of 14,755
Hey mate. This is android and some app not playing nice. I actually turned off wireless / apps and was shocked the thing had battery after a week. To be honest I stopped using the android features a while ago. I turn everything off except Tidal. Just by having android do it's stuff and check for updates/emails etc etc, battery gets killed .

I also stop everything, do not use Wi-Fi, BT or whatever. So you do not experience battery issues after the root?
Previously it last a week, now a day...:frowning2: It is too drastic in order to ignore it.
How you remove the root app?

Jul 24, 2017 at 2:55 AM Post #13,938 of 14,755
I also stop everything, do not use Wi-Fi, BT or whatever. So you do not experience battery issues after the root?
Previously it last a week, now a day...:frowning2: It is too drastic in order to ignore it.
How you remove the root app?

A day? Heck no. Last time I left it in a draw it was nearly 2 weeks with plenty left.

Definitely not what you are experiencing. I used all the apps in the post from this thread, and I just used the Chinese app itself to remove it . I'll dig up the videos I watched. You have removed it though right ?

What does battery management say? What is causing the battery usage ?

Jul 24, 2017 at 4:16 AM Post #13,939 of 14,755
A day? Heck no. Last time I left it in a draw it was nearly 2 weeks with plenty left.

Definitely not what you are experiencing. I used all the apps in the post from this thread, and I just used the Chinese app itself to remove it . I'll dig up the videos I watched. You have removed it though right ?

What does battery management say? What is causing the battery usage ?

Mainly system idle takes 80% of the battery. It is very strange. I used different app in order to remove root one, it crash several times but last time while crashing was able to remove it.

Before I look for different app, I perform factory reset because I think that this is the cleanest way to remove root app, it wasn't. It stays as only not factory active application.
After that, I update everything, and disable all not related to music apps, as before. Only non preloaded app is Nova Launcher, but it was used and before without problems.

What is the purpose of this row and the extra zero? Should the previous one is enough?
ro.sony.walkman.euvollimit=864000000

Jul 24, 2017 at 6:31 AM Post #13,940 of 14,755
Mainly system idle takes 80% of the battery. It is very strange. I used different app in order to remove root one, it crash several times but last time while crashing was able to remove it.

Before I look for different app, I perform factory reset because I think that this is the cleanest way to remove root app, it wasn't. It stays as only not factory active application.
After that, I update everything, and disable all not related to music apps, as before. Only non preloaded app is Nova Launcher, but it was used and before without problems.

What is the purpose of this row and the extra zero? Should the previous one is enough?
ro.sony.walkman.euvollimit=864000000

Going to take it to PM :)

Jul 28, 2017 at 9:46 AM Post #13,942 of 14,755
My ZX2 won't stay in a power off state. I power it of and within 24 hours it starts itself back up. Is this normal? Since I don't use it every day, it's really annoying. I have to leave it plugged in or the battery will be dead, if I don't use it for a week. I have Wifi and NFC off.

Jul 28, 2017 at 1:37 PM Post #13,944 of 14,755
My real issue is that it powers itself on within 24 hours of being turned off. What's causing that?

Jul 29, 2017 at 10:39 PM Post #13,946 of 14,755
Does anyone know if this player has problems displaying albums that have more than one disc? I read that the NW-ZX100 only displays the first disc of a set and to see the second disc you have to go into folder view. Thanks!

Aug 24, 2017 at 11:54 PM Post #13,947 of 14,755
So, what's the latest status on this player?
  • Are Spotify and Tidal working well?
  • When rooted, what's the power output?

Thanks!

Aug 25, 2017 at 6:47 AM Post #13,950 of 14,755
It has a root, should be carefull with it. Power bump is ~20%, enough to run my Z7 at last....but too late, meanwhile bought WM1A....:)
I never rooted my Zx2, just simply turned off most background apps in android and it wireless functions. I could run Z7 out of it for almost a day...and left it in my drawer for 3 weeks and it has %50 left....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back