SONY NW-ZX2
Feb 15, 2016 at 12:25 PM Post #10,666 of 14,773
  Thx for the link! Gonna buy it tomorrow yay! And btw what model are those? Looks brilliant! (and bloody expensive)

Enjoy, the case really is great value. And that's a custom Noble Audio K10, got it during the last sale so it was (a little bit) less painful 
tongue.gif

Feb 15, 2016 at 12:31 PM Post #10,667 of 14,773
  Enjoy, the case really is great value. And that's a custom Noble Audio K10, got it during the last sale so it was (a little bit) less painful 
tongue.gif

Oh, nice! I assume that's the prestige version right? and according to some guy from enjoythemusic.com, pairing the K10 with DHC's balanced cable is the best combination he had ever heard of. 

Feb 15, 2016 at 12:37 PM Post #10,668 of 14,773
Oh, nice! I assume that's the prestige version right? and according to some guy from enjoythemusic.com, pairing the K10 with DHC's balanced cable is the best combination he had ever heard of. 

Actually they're not the prestige model (couldn't justify the markup currently), but it is a reprint that uses some prestige material (carbon glass), with further modifications to the design from me. And yes, the DHC cable with TRRS connector for the ZX2 has been pretty fab, no regrets at all.

Feb 15, 2016 at 7:54 PM Post #10,669 of 14,773
Google Play Music $1 for 3 months(new subscribers)
So on May 10-14 you cancel the subscription and you won't get charge $10 mark for calendar
http://slickdeals.net/?lno=1&trd=3+Months+of+Google+Play+Music+Un&pv=&au=&sdtid=8506823&sdop=1&sdpid=82020093&sdfid=9&mon=1&ref=1&u2=https%3A%2F%2Fplay.google.com%2Fmusic%2Flisten%3Fsignup%3D1%26amp%3Bcoupontype%3DVANITY%26amp%3Bcoupon%3DAWARDS3FOR1

Feb 17, 2016 at 6:17 AM Post #10,671 of 14,773
Dp-X1 has larger field of sound, deeper depth, better clarity, better and sparkling trebles, shorter 3D presentation, thinner tonal body, less fluid and flows. To my personal preferences, DP-X1 simply has a lot of clarity but lack of musicality VS Zx2 which slightly offer less clarity, but better bass slam and musicality

Remember to use TRRS and Poweramp Alpha on your Zx2

@Whitigir 

Hello! Great description of the comparison of ZX2 and DP-X1.  I own both players and find that your description matches what I have experienced using them.

Care to share what you mean "Remember to use TRRS and Poweramp Alpha on your Zx2"?  Would like to see what else I can do with my ZX2.  Thanks in advance.  :)

Feb 17, 2016 at 6:25 AM Post #10,672 of 14,773
@Whitigir

Hello! Great description of the comparison of ZX2 and DP-X1.  I own both players and find that your description matches what I have experienced using them.

Care to share what you mean "Remember to use TRRS and Poweramp Alpha on your Zx2"?  Would like to see what else I can do with my ZX2.  Thanks in advance.  :)

TRRS is balanced out on Zx2. It is similar if not the same to ACG from Onkyo, and using the same 3.5m socket. Terminated to hifi man style or common style L+R+L-R-. It brings much more improvements

Poweramp Alpha is not Poweramp player app in the market store. You can only download and direct install by using URL. Follow these posts. This is the best app for music playback on Zx2 yet

http://www.head-fi.org/t/742609/sony-nw-zx2-hi-end-dap/10140#post_12260275

Feb 17, 2016 at 7:47 AM Post #10,673 of 14,773
As much as i agree with Whitigir's description of ZX2 review and general impressions i have to say that the stock player is the best for me as the more natural and detailed sounding against all others  be it poweramp alpha or onkyo or others which i tried.Trrs and a good iem is all you need imo.

Feb 17, 2016 at 8:28 AM Post #10,678 of 14,773

Not yet. Thus far just tested it with the JH13.

The previous guy hasn't been taking care of it eh. Paint at the corners chipping off. Don't think he bothered with a case. But is this common?

I don't use a case with my ZX2 and am very delicate with it. But yes, the finish has rubbed off of the bottom corners after a year of use. I'd estimate each patch is less than a mm in size. Although, I think this does show that the matte black finish may have some trouble adhering to the surface if "man handled" enough.

Feb 17, 2016 at 12:06 PM Post #10,679 of 14,773
  Is here any _real_ benefists of balanced connection? Should i make a balanced cable for my UM Merlins?

it's like higher octane petrol for cars with high capacity engine.

Feb 17, 2016 at 12:49 PM Post #10,680 of 14,773
Honestly, if Onkyo used some high-end Audiophile quality capacitors on the supporting blocks of the DAC and amps...it would be a huge killer....don't know why they didn't. I know many DIY Audiophiles loves filmed capacitors (stuff that used in the Zx2). They are expensive and depend on technical specs

Zx2 uses at least 8 of them and a couples more....updated...found it and 2 little green circled high-grade resistors on the grounds as well.

VS Onkyo **no offenses** to any one, but the stuff that Onkyo is using in the DP-X1 is commonly cheap and used by many smartphones and other common electronic products...where as Zx2 fully utilizing it own design, technologies, and audiophiles grade...there is a different, and like I already audited, the varieties of micro dynamic energies variation. However, I have to admit that using what Onkyo does, and still bring about that expert level of audio quality is something I have to give credit for. Good job Onkyo for the first DAP line up

Users who are viewing this thread

Back