SONY NW-ZX2
Aug 30, 2015 at 10:43 PM Post #7,426 of 14,755
Highly recommend Gramas http://www.extra-series.tokyo/products/gexzx1-nb.html over the rest as it seems to attract lesser amount of fingerprints. Would go with benks if gramas isn't available. Garmas is like a fake version of gramas I guess. Have tried all 3 on my zx2 and personally prefer gramas>benks>garmas.

Aug 31, 2015 at 1:03 AM Post #7,427 of 14,755
i am looking for something from amazon uk , actually

i found these 3 from searching , anyone knows which one is best ?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Screen-Protector-Sony-Walkman-NW-ZX2/dp/B00Y2IHL0I/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1440997259&sr=8-5&keywords=zx2+screen+protector

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Vikuiti-MySafeDisplay-Protector-DQCT130-Walkman/dp/B00Z7KQ62E/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1440997259&sr=8-8&keywords=zx2+screen+protector

http://www.amazon.co.uk/protection-Sony-Walkman-NW-ZX2-Protective/dp/B00S1HUK8G/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1440997259&sr=8-2&keywords=zx2+screen+protector

Aug 31, 2015 at 4:24 AM Post #7,429 of 14,755
Why have a £1k or there abouts player, and then scrimp on the protection (£1.40 for six in the first one tells me all I need to know!!)

Much better to look at something like this which as you'll see, will ship to the UK (even though is from .com)

Aug 31, 2015 at 4:40 AM Post #7,430 of 14,755
Why have a £1k or there abouts player, and then scrimp on the protection (£1.40 for six in the first one tells me all I need to know!!)

Much better to look at something like this which as you'll see, will ship to the UK (even though is from .com)

is this good ? the price difference is merely 5 pounds , so i don't mind 

i just want something of good quality that will keep my zx2 scratch-free

Aug 31, 2015 at 4:51 AM Post #7,432 of 14,755

What do you think of the ZX2?

i will tell you when i receive it 
tongue.gif
 , i am waiting for the bank to transfer funds to my PP account in order to finish my transaction

but in the meantime i am checking for some needed accessories 

Aug 31, 2015 at 5:04 AM Post #7,433 of 14,755

i will tell you when i receive it 
tongue.gif
 , i am waiting for the bank to transfer funds to my PP account in order to finish my transaction

but in the meantime i am checking for some needed accessories 

Cool, well, congrats on the purchase and hope it all goes smoothly. Look forward to hearing your impressions.

Aug 31, 2015 at 5:14 AM Post #7,434 of 14,755
is this good ? the price difference is merely 5 pounds , so i don't mind 

i just want something of good quality that will keep my zx2 scratch-free
Tempered glass is much better, both for stopping bubbles when applying, and general protection, compared to the film type protectors that are not that much more than thin plastic (and prone to bubbling)

Aug 31, 2015 at 7:31 AM Post #7,435 of 14,755
Τhe ZX2 is burning in nicely,35h in,the bass is improved in detail and more controlled than the flabby mess when i first listened,the soundstage is even more expanded and the positioning of instruments better defined,the only things that need improving is the transparency/clarity and instrument separation still not in the same league with Cayin N6.The difference is quite obvious with ie800 when i a/b right away next to each other.Hope the 250h will have some angels descending from the heavens and start singing since i am still pretty bumped out from the whole EU volume mess and still no Sony representative has responded...

Aug 31, 2015 at 7:42 AM Post #7,436 of 14,755
  Τhe ZX2 is burning in nicely,35h in,the bass is improved in detail and more controlled than the flabby mess when i first listened,the soundstage is even more expanded and the positioning of instruments better defined,the only things that need improving is the transparency/clarity and instrument separation still not in the same league with Cayin N6.The difference is quite obvious with ie800 when i a/b right away next to each other.Hope the 250h will have some angels descending from the heavens and start singing since i am still pretty bumped out from the whole EU volume mess and still no Sony representative has responded...

it's more likely that the angels will descend before you see a SONY representative 
tongue.gif

Aug 31, 2015 at 7:54 AM Post #7,437 of 14,755

Many large companies like sony will just refer to product sold in their countries, if they reply, it will be something like, "not that I heard of, and does not mention about this in the specs", if you specify it against the Japanese version, they will just ask you to contact sony japan, many of these staff know nothing about the product they sell.

The volume caps has been mention in this thread from beginning to end, and if people does ignore the information or selects a non Japanese version for the purpose of warranty or because it's cheaper locally, it's the responsibility of the buyers.

I got the Japanese version because it was cheaper buying from japan, than hong kong, and I took the risk of getting a unit with dead pixels or a unit may pose a problem afterwards with no warranty claim, fortunately I was luck.
tongue.gif

Aug 31, 2015 at 8:08 AM Post #7,438 of 14,755

Many large companies like sony will just refer to product sold in their countries, if they reply, it will be something like, "not that I heard of, and does not mention about this in the specs", if you specify it against the Japanese version, they will just ask you to contact sony japan.

Υes and once you contact sony japan they will say ''no comment''.I was hoping sonyvores would shed some light or offer some insight on whether we can circumvent the EU cap by deleting some hidden EULA file in the android folder  or installing an application but ...nope.Once you give your hard earned money it's bye bye,will be seeing you even though the official word was all ZX2 models eu/jp/us have no difference in volume.That led most to believe that the cap referred to the 24h notification to lower the volume(that exists too).Let's not start about what the word was about the device not being cap limited if there were no earphones supplied.

The volume restriction by 20% on a 15mw device costing $1100 is pretty severe hampering the product when you can't drive iems like ie800,no two ways about it.

Aug 31, 2015 at 8:18 AM Post #7,439 of 14,755

Many large companies like sony will just refer to product sold in their countries, if they reply, it will be something like, "not that I heard of, and does not mention about this in the specs", if you specify it against the Japanese version, they will just ask you to contact sony japan.

Υes and once you contact sony japan they will say ''no comment''.I was hoping sonyvores would shed some light or offer some insight on whether we can circumvent the EU cap by deleting some hidden EULA file in the android folder  or installing an application but ...nope.Once you give your hard earned money it's bye bye,will be seeing you even though the official word was all ZX2 models eu/jp/us have no difference in volume.That led most to believe that the cap referred to the 24h notification to lower the volume(that exists too).Let's not start about what the word was about the device not being cap limited if there were no earphones supplied.

The volume restriction by 20% on a 15mw device costing $1100 is pretty severe hampering the product when you can't drive iems like ie800,no two ways about it.

Apparently European countries including the US have too much regulation imposed in all sorts of things, since the product are sold in your countries they expect you to buy from there, as Sony does not sell the Japanese version internationally, there are ways to buy them, but it' not in the interested of Sony, that's why Sony has regional warranty.

Also Sony will not stated that every version of the ZX2 sold in the world are the same, (those that do, just real from specs) as some will have to meet the regulation impose in individual countries, which results in modifying the unit, so the unit can be officially sold.

Aug 31, 2015 at 8:28 AM Post #7,440 of 14,755

Apparently European countries including the US have too much regulation imposed in all sorts of things, since the product are sold in your countries they expect you to buy from there, as Sony does not sell the Japanese version internationally, there are ways to buy them, but it' not in the interested of Sony, that's why Sony has regional warranty.

Also Sony will not stated that every version of the ZX2 sold in the world are the same, (those that do, just real from specs) as some will have to meet the regulation impose in individual countries, which results in modifying the unit, so the unit can be officially sold.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/742609/sony-nw-zx2-hi-end-dap/7365#post_11873726

This whole thing is just ridiculous.As you said sony has regional warranty and that means you are not covered by warranty if you buy from another country but even then i would buy from price japan no problem if not for another ''small'' issue.Greece is plagued by forced capital controls that forbid you to buy/transfer online outside of Greece anything above 500 euro per month.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back