SONY NW-ZX2
Jun 7, 2015 at 4:27 PM Post #5,836 of 14,755
If it comes to the worst case, make sure you follow up with Calyx later as well. I'm sure they'd be interested to hear how their paying customers are being (mis)treated, especially when they're willing to help you out themselves. Unless you know, it wasn't actually bought from a store
tongue.gif

EDIT: this talk of defective units has me worried, my ZX2 is supposed to arrive later today, but it's a Japan set. Anyone here had any problems with the ZX2 when it wasn't purchased locally? How's Sony's feedback been? Not expecting much issues (maybe some sort of processing fee, which is fine), but would like to ask anyway

Haha I'm apprehensive as well. On the 18th I go to Switzerland to visit my sister and will finally unite with my ZX2. She only powered it up to check it wasn't DOA. While I would be ecstatic mine would also handle 33 hours of FLAC, I'd be more than content with 20-25h 
regular_smile .gif

ps: where did you end up buying yours from?

Jun 7, 2015 at 4:41 PM Post #5,837 of 14,755
Haha I'm apprehensive as well. On the 18th I go to Switzerland to visit my sister and will finally unite with my ZX2. She only powered it up to check it wasn't DOA. While I would be ecstatic mine would also handle 33 hours of FLAC, I'd be more than content with 20-25h 
regular_smile%20.gif

ps: where did you end up buying yours from?

I'll let you know how mine does, you do the same once you get yours :p And I have a reliable channel in Japan, buy stuff from that market all the time. Was just waiting on a good deal, all in it came to 920 USD, new, including shipping. Not too shabby, I think.

Of course, then I went crazy and also snapped up a PHA-3 from the sales forum here, darn my weakness for a good deal!

Jun 7, 2015 at 6:59 PM Post #5,838 of 14,755
I'm still in the pre-100 hour burn in stage and the ZX2 is seriously messing with my mind. It goes from mesmerizing to slightly above average and then back again and then from bass heavy to lacking in bass. What I will say is the vocals on the player have improved quite a bit since first listening to the player.

I have two questions:
1) Is there anyway to track the amount of time playing music so that I know once I've passed the 100 hour barrier
2) what bass setting would you recommend on the clear bass function? I currently leave it on +2 

Jun 7, 2015 at 8:47 PM Post #5,839 of 14,755
  I'm still in the pre-100 hour burn in stage and the ZX2 is seriously messing with my mind. It goes from mesmerizing to slightly above average and then back again and then from bass heavy to lacking in bass. What I will say is the vocals on the player have improved quite a bit since first listening to the player.

I have two questions:
1) Is there anyway to track the amount of time playing music so that I know once I've passed the 100 hour barrier
2) what bass setting would you recommend on the clear bass function? I currently leave it on +2 

OK, good, I'm not losing my mind!  Same experience here!  I'm only about 25-30 hours in.

Jun 7, 2015 at 11:07 PM Post #5,840 of 14,755
Hey Now,

I just noticed that the ZX2 is discounted on the Sony Rewards website (for Sony rewards credit card members). They reduced the points by 36,000 (approx. $360.00). And guess who had enough points to cover the spread , THIS GUY! Can't wait to get mine. Whoo-hoo . . . . . . 

--
Finest kind,
Chris

Jun 7, 2015 at 11:25 PM Post #5,841 of 14,755
I've encountered the same problem as someone who posted earlier in that I temporarily seemed incapable of downloading and accessing my offline content on Tidal, I kept getting the message "please insert SD card to store content". I had my ZX2 connected to my laptop via USB at the time, however when i disconnected it the problem resolved itself. Is there some sort of weird feature that prevents the ZX2 from downloading to the internal memory when connected to a computer via USB?

Jun 8, 2015 at 2:34 AM Post #5,842 of 14,755
Yes, the SD card is locked when connected to PC, which is why when you disconnect the cog appears saying preparing storage...

Jun 8, 2015 at 11:08 AM Post #5,845 of 14,755
you mean there is a $360 discount if one has a Sony credit card?
Hey Now,

I just noticed that the ZX2 is discounted on the Sony Rewards website (for Sony rewards credit card members). They reduced the points by 36,000 (approx. $360.00). And guess who had enough points to cover the spread , THIS GUY! Can't wait to get mine. Whoo-hoo . . . . . . 

--
Finest kind,
Chris

Jun 8, 2015 at 11:48 AM Post #5,846 of 14,755
you mean there is a $360 discount if one has a Sony credit card?

Hey Now,

If you have a Sony Rewards credit card there is a 36,000 point reduction for the ZX2 for points redemption. 36,000 points equates to approximately $360.00. Normally the ZX2 is 119,900 points, right now it is 83,999 points. I was saving up for a 4K TV, but what the hey. I went for the ZX2. I can't wait to get it.

If you do not have enough points, you can offset by buying points. I think the cost would be about $839.99 if you had no points.

--
Finest kind,
Chris

Jun 9, 2015 at 1:01 AM Post #5,848 of 14,755
I have just arrived in Japan, so I need some firm answers, and nothing which is not related to the questions asked.

For those who has the Japanese version, is the ZX2 internal memory partitioned at approximate 2GB + 113GB

Same as the above but with a Hong Kong version.

Does anyone who lives in Japan know where to buy the Mora cards.

I have a week in Japan, so I appreciate if someone can help out.

thanks

Jun 9, 2015 at 4:20 AM Post #5,849 of 14,755
Just wondered, has anybody had any problems transferring music to the device that they have downloaded from sites like Qobuz? Got my ZX2 yesterday and started putting some music on the device but an album I downloaded in wav format was not recognised, the ZX2 said it was in the wrong format. Just wondered if anybody else had experienced this? First impressions, love it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back