SONY NW-ZX2
May 24, 2015 at 6:19 PM Post #5,461 of 14,772
I read great reviews about ZX2. I have DX90, which might be for an upgrade.

Can anybody tell how ZX2 compares to DX90 (using latest fw 2.2)?
How is ZX2 vs AK240? (whatever version of AK)
Also, I heard that ZX2+PHA3 sounds just unbelievable... Any views on that?

Thanks!

May 24, 2015 at 6:31 PM Post #5,462 of 14,772
I have zx2 and AK240. Sound is very close IMHO. The zx2 has a bit more bass and the amp.of the 240 is a lil stronger. I'd have a difficult time with a blind ab.

Zx2 has a much better battery and has streaming. That's the 2 big differences and price of course.

May 24, 2015 at 6:32 PM Post #5,463 of 14,772

Thanks!

I just went from DX90 to ZX2!
basshead.gif
As far as sound is going, well, ZX2 is more subtle, clearer and more neutral, DX90 is great for the price, first question is, do you need to spend 3 times more? If money is no object well then yes.

With ZX2, one thing for sure is build quality is trully 1st class, extremly heavy, the battery perhaps, and talking battery, I have been "burning in" my ZX2 all day in loop, so at least 12 hours and battery is at 70% so it would likely last "days"
Interface is clean and efficient.
I havent heard so much but last night I was blown by 2 Supertramp albums: "Crime of Century" in HiRes and 1997 last album: "Some Things Never Change", try the first track! ouch!
It also plays all format including DSD.

So DX90 is a nice Peugeot, and it rides well, ZX2 is top of the line Mercedes, better overall but way more expensive too.

May 24, 2015 at 6:47 PM Post #5,464 of 14,772

Thanks!

I have a RWAK100 and, there is no way to compare. 
Better imaging, better instrument separation, better bass, and the best part: its fun to listen to it.
The only part that RWAK100 wins is in the amp section, stronger class A amp.

Regards!

May 24, 2015 at 9:35 PM Post #5,466 of 14,772
May 25, 2015 at 12:14 AM Post #5,471 of 14,772
@Sonyvores are you work for Sony or have contact with them ? If yes please pass this info

I think I found a bug on ZX2.
I'm installing ftp server app from play store on my ZX2 to copy music files from my PC to ZX2 wirelessly. I can copy files to ZX2 internal memory using this method. But always fail when trying to copy to external sdcard with message write error.
I try to install different ftp server apps from play store and also change my micro sdcard, but still the same error.
Then I try to install MyPhoneExplorer app on my ZX2 with the same purpose, to copy music files from my PC to ZX2. Same error here, I can copy to ZX2 internal memory & error when copy files to external sdcard
So basically ZX2 doesn't give permission to 3rd party apps to write to external sdcard

I already try send email to Sony support about this problem but they just tell me to use MediaGo to copy my music files.
I don't want to use Media Go everytime I wanna copy music to ZX2 to reducing wear effect on ZX2 WM port (to many plug-unplug the cable)

Thanks

May 25, 2015 at 1:42 AM Post #5,472 of 14,772
NW-ZX2 down to 766 pounds at Amazon UK: http://amzn.to/1F4y5A7
But out of stock...

Word of warning that Amazon are bouncing the price around heavily... I bought mine from there and paid massively more than this current price just for it to drop substantially straight after I purchased...

I received a credit so all good, but, it is a game of patience...

May 25, 2015 at 7:13 AM Post #5,473 of 14,772
  @Sonyvores are you work for Sony or have contact with them ? If yes please pass this info

I'm installing ftp server app from play store on my ZX2 to copy music files from my PC to ZX2 wirelessly. I can copy files to ZX2 internal memory using this method. But always fail when trying to copy to external sdcard with message write error.
I try to install different ftp server apps from play store and also change my micro sdcard, but still the same error.
Then I try to install MyPhoneExplorer app on my ZX2 with the same purpose, to copy music files from my PC to ZX2. Same error here, I can copy to ZX2 internal memory & error when copy files to external sdcard
So basically ZX2 doesn't give permission to 3rd party apps to write to external sdcard

I already try send email to Sony support about this problem but they just tell me to use MediaGo to copy my music files.
I don't want to use Media Go everytime I wanna copy music to ZX2 to reducing wear effect on ZX2 WM port (to many plug-unplug the cable)

Thanks

Not too sure, but it could be a android limitation and not Sony.

May 25, 2015 at 11:12 AM Post #5,475 of 14,772

Thanks

what's the purpsoe of the ftp, if file transfer, just use a wifi app like Wifi File Transfer

Users who are viewing this thread

Back