SONY NW-ZX2
May 22, 2015 at 1:30 PM Post #5,416 of 14,773
  Guys, I just found out that only embedded cover art will be displayed, not external files such as folder.jpg or cover.jpg
eek.gif
eek.gif
confused.gif

Who do we talk to to improve this in the next firmware revision? Will Sony hear us? or this is hopeless?

Most apps only do embedded / meta data....foobar is kind of an exception for cover/folder .jpg

May 22, 2015 at 1:57 PM Post #5,417 of 14,773
My buttons stopped working while listening to music today.  I can't get the screen to open because of this.  Anyone come across a similar issue yet?  Maybe I need to do a system reset since nothing else seems to be working.

Ugh, bought from a vendor in Hong Kong so it would be a hassle to go through the warranty process with them.

Please help, any ideas are welcomed!

May 22, 2015 at 2:02 PM Post #5,418 of 14,773
  My buttons stopped working while listening to music today.  I can't get the screen to open because of this.  Anyone come across a similar issue yet?  Maybe I need to do a system reset since nothing else seems to be working.

Ugh, bought from a vendor in Hong Kong so it would be a hassle to go through the warranty process with them.

Well, that was weird.  I plugged it into my computer and screen still didn't work.  Ejected it and screen/buttons now working.  Scary moment there.

May 22, 2015 at 3:10 PM Post #5,421 of 14,773

does it has a reset hole? try pocking it
biggrin.gif

May 22, 2015 at 10:03 PM Post #5,424 of 14,773
Do silicone cases exist yet for the ZX2?  Like the ZX1 here   http://www.igadgitz.com/mst0154-igadgitz-rubber-silicone-gel-case-for-sony-walkman-nwz-zx1-screen-protector-(various-colours).html
I actually don't mind it degrading the look of the ZX2, if it deters against thieves ^^

May 22, 2015 at 11:45 PM Post #5,426 of 14,773
It doesn't have balanced out. It can use a TRRS because it has R and L grounds and there is a little improvement in sound. 

Thanks. I am getting my cables for westone ES5 reterminated by moon audio (bought them few weeks ago. Hoping for a good sound

May 23, 2015 at 12:50 AM Post #5,427 of 14,773
ANyone has this problem? My ZX2 doent rcognize my micro SD card. Changed a few cards so I know its not barnd related problem.

WIth the card in the player, the ZX2 says there is nothing in the folder.

Connect to the PC, the computer dont recognize there is a card in the ZX2.

May 23, 2015 at 1:31 AM Post #5,428 of 14,773
  ANyone has this problem? My ZX2 doent rcognize my micro SD card. Changed a few cards so I know its not barnd related problem.

Connect to the PC, the computer dont recognize there is a card in the ZX2.

1) Format the SD Card in the Zx2 itself
2) For PC to read the SD Card, you have to toggle it from ZX2 memory to SD Card, it cna't read both at the same time (it's the Android that causes this, 4.2 was like that).  it should pop on screen when you connect USB for the toggle

Thanks. I am getting my cables for westone ES5 reterminated by moon audio (bought them few weeks ago. Hoping for a good sound

I wouldn't say it makes the audio better, it just has better stereo separation from left / right.  You still hear the same quality, just more spread out.  of course, the cable itself may up the quality though, but not because it's TRRS.

May 23, 2015 at 1:43 AM Post #5,429 of 14,773

Are you using folder view on the ZX2 music app? If so you need to create a parent folder on your SD card called Music, then drop your album folders into that. Once done the player will read the content properly, otherwise it just says 0.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back