SONY NW-ZX2
Apr 27, 2015 at 9:56 AM Post #4,846 of 14,755

I just emailed Dignis for the Red one.

BTW, The link of the review doesnt work, can you post it again?

http://m.thestar.com.my/story.aspx?hl=Sony+NWZX2+Fivegrand+wonder&sec=tech&id={69629BBE-8D47-470F-95C5-379A3A941579}

My bad.

I will place an order for the gray case. It will go well together with my Sennheiser M2 (Ivory).

Apr 27, 2015 at 12:05 PM Post #4,852 of 14,755
I ordered the Black Dignis, but i'm curious as to why there is a hole at the top part of the case...

Apr 27, 2015 at 12:28 PM Post #4,854 of 14,755
  I ordered the tobacco. And also curious about the hole.

I love the tobacco back, but not that crazy over the front though. Was hoping they'd leave a cut out at the back showing the gold plated walkman logo as they did with the ZX1 case :frowning2:

Apr 27, 2015 at 12:41 PM Post #4,855 of 14,755

I agree. But the case looks so beautiful. I hope the buttons are easy to use through the case. But for the price, especially compared to the one Sony sells, is good and I'm willing to take a chance.

Apr 27, 2015 at 1:02 PM Post #4,857 of 14,755
Do it yourself. 

I work in the textile industry and may ask a colleague of mine to do that for me. I hope it will work out.

That's the difference. You work in that industry and I don't. I'm not going to risk destroying a $75(inc shipping) case just for that..

Apr 27, 2015 at 1:12 PM Post #4,858 of 14,755
That's the difference. You work in that industry and I don't. I'm not going to risk destroying a $75(inc shipping) case just for that..

You could always commission someone to do it for you :3

Don't need to be so testy :x

Anyway I'm going for the gray-beigeish one~

Hope it looks as amazing as in the photos!

Still awaiting for my zx2 to arrive in a week or two lol :x

Also I have a question but does the k10 hiss when paired with the zx2?

Apr 27, 2015 at 3:17 PM Post #4,859 of 14,755

Consider me mightily surprised. Maybe that has something to do with the LDAC technology that the ZX1 is not endowed with. Have you tried to switch headphones? 

The differences between the iPhone 6 and the NW-ZX2 were noticeable. We didn’t notice this before but when compared with the NW-ZX2, the music from the iPhone seemed to have an unnatural and unclean sheen.

Comparing the NW-ZX2 with the RM999 NMW-A17 was a little harder. The differences were more subtle and weren’t easily heard by the untrained ear in a blind test.
It was a different story for certain audiophiles. They said the NW-ZX2 exhibited a better grip on the music and it was clearer and more ­transparent. The strings on Mozart ­symphonies had more ­breathing space while the reverb on Michael Jackson’s Billie Jean was more distinct.

However, perhaps a more expensive set of headphones could have brought out the details. The Sony MDR-1A costs RM999 but there are headsets that are priced at thousands of ringgit, like the Sennheiser HD800 or the Grado PS1000, if you really want to break the bank.

When we hooked up the NW-ZX2 through a separate system consisting of an Audiolab 8000A amplifier and a set of Mission M70 ­bookshelf speakers, the difference between the NW-ZX2 and the NW-A17 were significant.

The soundstage just opened up with the NW-ZX2. It was as if the sonic veil had been lifted – the backing vocals became clearer and more distinct, for instance. For the ­uninitiated, a soundstage is a virtual, imagined stage where you can pick out individual instruments.

Here's a comparison of the ZX2 with the IPhone6 and it's sibling, the A17. Does anyone here who owns the A17 and the ZX2 think that the differences are merely subtle?
I compared my ZX1 with the A17 last month at an electronics store and my impressions were that the differences are anything but subtle. The fact that this is not the first time I hear that casts a slight pall over my impressions. Would like to hear some other opinions.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to receiving my ZX2 tomorrow. The excitement is almost palpable.
smile_phones.gif

Apr 27, 2015 at 3:33 PM Post #4,860 of 14,755
It's the wifi that sucks juice - straight and simple. Try off line mode in tidal and airplane mode enabled on the zx2 and see how many hours you get ....

I have completed multiple test over the past 2 weeks. I downloaded the music to the device and then put it in Airplane mode and disabled every app that I possibly could. Then I tested the battery life. On average I was getting about 12 hours playing Tidal Offline, no WiFi. Playing streaming music was the main reason I purchased the Sony NW-ZX2, but I have no issue downloading and playing Offline. I also tried the stock music player and I had a little longer life, about 17 hours on average in Airplane mode. I just let the music play without Turing on any other apps or without messing with the screen. I just checked the life every 4 hours or so until it became really low.

I don't need 40 hours of battery life, but I would love to have over 20 with a mix of wifi and offline.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back