SONY NW-ZX2
Apr 1, 2015 at 11:24 AM Post #3,961 of 14,755
  Interesting, do you suggest turning those adjustment off? 
To those who has hard times turning it off, try a tuner app in playstore. Had mine turned off by the app

@Steven R. Rochli Did you by chance turn off adjustments, DSEE HX....during the comparison with AK240?

Well it depends on the sound you like or wanna get. 
With the trick, the mids are somewhat lost and the player sounds very V shaped and metallic overall. I didn't like it. Hence that is why I had it switched off. 

Apr 1, 2015 at 11:33 AM Post #3,962 of 14,755
With the trick, the mids are somewhat lost and the player sounds very V shaped and metallic overall. I didn't like it. Hence that is why I had it switched off. 

Just a clarification, do you mean that you prefer the sound after quitting the Sound adjustment app with the procedure suggested by Whitigir? 

Apr 1, 2015 at 11:46 AM Post #3,963 of 14,755
Just a clarification, do you mean that you prefer the sound after quitting the Sound adjustment app with the procedure suggested by Whitigir? 

Sorry. I realised my post was a little confusing.
I did not like the thin, metallic raw sound of the volume increase trick. Hence I am not using the volume increase trick. Haha. I hope this makes my previous post more clear.

Apr 1, 2015 at 12:00 PM Post #3,964 of 14,755
Sorry. I realised my post was a little confusing.
I did not like the thin, metallic raw sound of the volume increase trick. Hence I am not using the volume increase trick. Haha. I hope this makes my previous post more clear.

Thanks. So you leave the Sound adjustment app open with EQ and other effects off?

Apr 1, 2015 at 12:11 PM Post #3,965 of 14,755

Thanks. So you leave the Sound adjustment app open with EQ and other effects off?

So The Sound Adjustment is not disabled and is allowed to run, but I do not change the EQ and all the other sound effects i dont use them. This to me, gives me the best sound. 

Apr 1, 2015 at 12:50 PM Post #3,967 of 14,755
  So The Sound Adjustment is not disabled and is allowed to run, but I do not change the EQ and all the other sound effects i dont use them. This to me, gives me the best sound. 

It seems you have ak240, would you do a comparison with ZX2 by any chances? thanks

also you have TH900 and LCD X, wonder if ZX2 would be able to drive them

Since we both have jh13 fp, how do you like it paring with ZX2?

Apr 1, 2015 at 12:55 PM Post #3,968 of 14,755
  It seems you have ak240, would you do a comparison with ZX2 by any chances? thanks

also you have TH900 and LCD X, wonder if ZX2 would be able to drive them

Since we both have jh13 fp, how do you like it paring with ZX2?

I can chime in on the LCD-X and the ZX2. I found the ZX2 to be able to drive the headphone pretty well. Not to beyond moderately loud, but certainly well enough for most listening sessions. I was a little surprised and quite pleased. 

Apr 1, 2015 at 2:32 PM Post #3,969 of 14,755

Good question! I've been following the sound adjustment posts and have been trying different combinations but I have not (as yet) turned the sound adjustment app off. After many hours of listening I prefer to leave the clear sound and DSEE HX enhancements off but I prefer to use the "dynamic normalizer" for listening consistency. It doesn't seem that the dynamic normalizer impedes quality and I like consistent listening levels since I tend to use playlists or skip around and I tinker more with listening levels when the normalizer function is off. I tend to like flat equalization and leaving enhancements off is really the only way to get a fair listening comparison between devices as I'm still evaluating the ZX2 and comparing it to my Centrance M8 and my two desktop set ups. I haven't reached 100 hours

Apr 1, 2015 at 3:08 PM Post #3,970 of 14,755
Guys, what would be the best fullsize headphone under 500$ that can be driven with ZX2? any suggestions? thanks

Apr 1, 2015 at 3:16 PM Post #3,971 of 14,755
  That what we have been trying to tell you.  I sure hope that Sony will help you out and correct the problem for you.  My ZX2 works great and connects digitally with the PHA3 without any issue.

I greatly appreciate your help...I've been on the phone with Sony, and they are at a loss to understand what I have been telling them about this incorrect cable. They don't seem to understand that although I bought the PHA3 last fall, I couldn't have known that it wouldn't work with this cable and the zx2 until I got the latter device just a few weeks ago, when it became available. And, despite many promises to get back to me and messages left with their vendors, I am drawing a big blank. When you get down to it, this is really simple...but no one seems to get it. Any suggestions? What did you do??

Apr 1, 2015 at 3:30 PM Post #3,972 of 14,755
  Does anyone know how to force the ZX2 to clear and rescan the library? I am having problems with the library not updating on the ZX2 after I make changes to the ID3 tags directly using MP3Tag. Can't seem to locate the rescan library option--only scan for new items.

Kind of answering my own question since it might be helpful for someone looking to force the Sony Music Player to rebuild the database for whatever reason.

1. Go to Android Settings (top right by swiping down from top edge of screen, then selecting the icon on the top right)
2. Select SETTINGS
3. Scroll down and select Apps
4. Scroll right to ALL (applications)
5. Scroll down to Media players (has a silver circular icon with three overlapping "windows")
6. Select Clear cache
7. Select Clear data
8. Exit settings, go back to Sony Music Player
9. In Sony Music Player, go to "My Library" view
10. Click on the 3-dot menu on the top right and select Settings
11. Select "Update database"

Apr 1, 2015 at 3:38 PM Post #3,973 of 14,755
  Guys, what would be the best fullsize headphone under 500$ that can be driven with ZX2? any suggestions? thanks

I'm currently using a Denon AH-D5000 with the ZX2 and it sounds really good without external amplification. Although discontinued, you should be able to find it easily for under $500 in the classifieds here or on the big auction site. Or for a little more, try the Fostex TH600. Both these full sized semi-closed headphones can be driven quite well with the ZX2.

Apr 1, 2015 at 3:51 PM Post #3,975 of 14,755
  That what we have been trying to tell you.  I sure hope that Sony will help you out and correct the problem for you.  My ZX2 works great and connects digitally with the PHA3 without any issue.

PS...I actually had someone from Sony return my call...I am on the line with him now, while his system "updates"....it is very slow....he says he will order the cable....I have to return the wrong one...fingers crossed...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back