SONY NW-ZX2
Mar 28, 2015 at 7:41 AM Post #3,736 of 14,773

Have u tried the pha3 balanced output? I can see that zx2 may equal the pha3 in singled end output but my experience with the pha3 in balanced mode is simply much better. Like I have been saying, u r getting the pha3 for it's excellent balanced amplification and if you are not using it ....why buy it?

Sure. Used the iPod in balanced mode. Even got the special custom cables for the Z7. But believe it or not, you cannot use the ZX2 with PHA3 in balanced mode!
Only in single. The ZX2, as I said before can't be connected digitally except by using that one unobtainable-everywhere but the Far East- cable.

The Sony digital cable is available worldwide through a Sony center or Sony online, if it isn't shown you can email to Sony.
Some countries sell them off the shelves, others are sold as spare parts. 

Mar 28, 2015 at 10:28 AM Post #3,737 of 14,773
Question, I have been MIA for the last 24 hrs since receiving my new Sony and wife is wanting to go do something...argh
I was going into town and was wondering if anyone on here has found a good screen protector that is out there in the way of a Zagg that would fit this baby?

Sure I can modify one, but with all the screen sizes out there, surely there must be an equivalent phone screen.

Any suggestions? Sorry if this has been addressed.

On another note, wife was up at 3 in the morning looking for kittens under the home.Doing the recommended burn in , I left me deck on playing and hooked up to my JH16s and did not tell here. In a silent home it did sound like something was alive under the home with my music selection.

Thanks all, posting my Fiio X5 and e12 on the bay today... Love this thing! :D

Mar 28, 2015 at 10:31 AM Post #3,738 of 14,773
Question, I have been MIA for the last 24 hrs since receiving my new Sony and wife is wanting to go do something...argh
I was going into town and was wondering if anyone on here has found a good screen protector that is out there in the way of a Zagg that would fit this baby?

Sure I can modify one, but with all the screen sizes out there, surely there must be an equivalent phone screen.

Any suggestions? Sorry if this has been addressed.

On another note, wife was up at 3 in the morning looking for kittens under the home.Doing the recommended burn in , I left me deck on playing and hooked up to my JH16s and did not tell here. In a silent home it did sound like something was alive under the home with my music selection.

Thanks all, posting my Fiio X5 and e12 on the bay today... Love this thing!
biggrin.gif

A glass protector is the best you can have.

Mar 28, 2015 at 11:13 AM Post #3,740 of 14,773
Steven's review is currently one of the few decent reviews on ZX2, maybe the only one. Thats why i was asking we need more decents review on the unit. Look at amazon reviews, they are all jokes..

I think he also has ZX2

Many thanks for the compliment. My humble apologies I can't reply to everything as stopped at page 240 of this thread as have MUCH work to do. Am deeeeply buried in workload and development of other technology and 3D graphics and making new virtual/rendered videos for our live streaming AXPONA broadcast (and yes wtd to live stream CanJam yet Jude...), and am also doing...

Pic of my desk this morning as I finish off my review (below). Here we have the OPPO HA-2 / PM-3 (not in pic), Noble K-10, iFi Audio Micro iDSD, Samsung USA Note 3 with Android 5.0, Sony NW-ZX2, Apple iTouch (latest gen), Onkyo USA HF Player (unlocked)... plus so many cables and adapters I think tonight we'll have copper pus-ghetti for dinner!

Hopefully I can do a 1/2 decent job here. And yes, that is the Onkyo HF Player (unlocked) on the Sony NW-ZX2 and Note 3 going digitally out to... (SPOILER ALERT) as the stock player can't handle playing DSD 256.  The review/when? I'm on it, am on it. (Crosses finger in hopes) April edition of the EnjoyTheMusic.com Review Magazine. 

Enjoy the pic
beerchug.gif

ADDED: Warning... Loading the Onkyo HF Player WILL REDUCE THE SOUND QUALITY of the Sony NW-ZX2 when played on its own. It seems to change some driver/codec/scheme and thus you lose Sony's coding. While you gain advantages of playing higher rez DSD via the Onkyo app and other benefits, you lose sound quality in the Sony player when used as a stand-alone player.

Mar 28, 2015 at 11:20 AM Post #3,741 of 14,773

Many thanks for the compliment. My humble apologies I can't reply to everything as stopped at page 240 of this thread as have MUCH work to do. Am deeeeply buried in workload and development of other technology and 3D graphics and making new virtual/rendered videos for our live streaming AXPONA broadcast (and yes wtd to live stream CanJam yet Jude...), and am also doing...

Pic of my desk this morning as I finish off my review (below). Here we have the OPPO HA-2 / PM-3 (not in pic), Noble K-10, iFi Audio Micro iDSD, Samsung USA Note 3 with Android 5.0, Sony NW-ZX2, Apple iTouch (latest gen), Onkyo USA HF Player (unlocked)... plus so many cables and adapters I think tonight we'll have copper pus-ghetti for dinner!

Hopefully I can do a 1/2 decent job here. And yes, that is the Onkyo HF Player (unlocked) on the Sony NW-ZX2 going digitally out to... (SPOILER ALERT) as the stock player can't handle playing DSD 256.  The review/when? I'm on it, am on it. (Crosses finger in hopes) April edition of the EnjoyTheMusic.com Review Magazine. 

Enjoy the pic
beerchug.gif

Have you also tried Neutron? i'm surprised to see someone doesn't prefer the stock player. Is the stock player not good enough or it simply doesn't decode dsd256? Thanks 

Mar 28, 2015 at 11:30 AM Post #3,743 of 14,773
  Have you also tried Neutron? i'm surprised to see someone doesn't prefer the stock player. Is the stock player not good enough or it simply doesn't decode dsd256? Thanks 

Have not tried Neutron. Am simply saying the stock player can't handle DSD256 and....

Oh, and here she is right now with the ZX2. The color of today on the iFi Audio Micro iDSD is... magenta! 
popcorn.gif

Mar 28, 2015 at 12:11 PM Post #3,745 of 14,773
Sony included a rubber spacer with the ZX2. I give up--what is it for?

you don't really need it if you don't have a portable dac, it fits under the ZX2 to make it lay flat.

Mar 28, 2015 at 1:00 PM Post #3,746 of 14,773
Sony included a rubber spacer with the ZX2. I give up--what is it for?

you don't really need it if you don't have a portable dac, it fits under the ZX2 to make it lay flat.

Thanks--I did realize that it would make the unit lie flat but that just seems like such an afterthought. It would have made more sense to put a narrow ridge across the top rather than give everyone a small rubber piece that most of us will probably misplace:p. I'm sure it came up in some post production meeting when some real world person pointed out that it didn't lay flat. I guess I was looking for some "deeper meaning".

Mar 28, 2015 at 3:05 PM Post #3,749 of 14,773
Probably a good idea. I rushed into buying zx1, which I loved, but it dropped about $200 in a month and a half after I purchased it. I'm in no rush... I have an AK240 which I love, this is not a need... Just a want!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back