SONY NW-ZX2
Mar 25, 2015 at 10:51 PM Post #3,589 of 14,773
Ordered mine from Crutchfield today, and will be delivered Friday. They had 8 left when I spoke with them. Free 2 day delivery within the U.S.

Look forward to see how this compares to my Fiio x5 , soon to be put up for sale on the bay :xf_eek:

Mar 25, 2015 at 11:53 PM Post #3,590 of 14,773
Ordered mine from Crutchfield today, and will be delivered Friday. They had 8 left when I spoke with them. Free 2 day delivery within the U.S.

Look forward to see how this compares to my Fiio x5 , soon to be put up for sale on the bay :xf_eek:

O man decisions....order now and get it Friday, or wait until April 7 and get the 3 year abuse warranty for $75.... I honestly thinking about canceling and ordering from them

Mar 26, 2015 at 12:03 AM Post #3,591 of 14,773
O man decisions....order now and get it Friday, or wait until April 7 and get the 3 year abuse warranty for $75.... I honestly thinking about canceling and ordering from them

Tough decision! Via crutchfield you don't pay taxes at sony store you do. So by going sony route you pay an extra $200 (tax and insurance)

I cancelled with sony as they had a delivery date of 5/7/15 which was way too long.  If I was in your shoes I might just wait as warranty is a good deal given the 4/7 delivery date! 

Mar 26, 2015 at 12:05 AM Post #3,592 of 14,773

Tough decision! Via crutchfield you don't pay taxes at sony store you do. So by going sony route you pay an extra $200 (tax and insurance)

I cancelled with sony as they had a delivery date of 5/7/15 which was way too long.  If I was in your shoes I might just wait as warranty is a good deal given the 4/7 delivery date! 

Oh - I just remembered that Cruthfield does offer warranty for $200 so might cost the same although warranty would not be through Sony but you'll get it sooner

Mar 26, 2015 at 12:40 AM Post #3,593 of 14,773

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/91796638-post190.html
damn.....this is really something

Hi gearofwar, I'm the owner of that post at Hardwarezone, and I've also posted my impression of the ZX2 in this thread, specifically post #869.

In this post, I specifically mentioned that I spent 75 minutes trying the ZX2, and I do actually love it very much.

I disagree with the comparison between DX100 and R10 at that link. I had both and sold the DX100 since I much preferred the R10. Actually I love the R10 sound and so far I failed to find any player genuinely superior to that (although I did not try the AK240). Of course that is based on my personal preferences and my use of the players.

Rmap, it's ok if you feel that my impressions of DX100 and R10 differ from yours. Sound is after all subjective and we all hear differently.

IMO that forum is full of "kids" that go listen to new things for a few minutes at the shops in Singapore. Certainly better than nothing but still far from a trustworthy opinion.

Yes, GuyDebord, unfortunately, many of the forum members at Hardwarezone only tried the ZX2 for a few minutes, and they panned it based on that few minutes.

Quote:

The reality is that not to many people have heard the ZX2 in a proper setting, it just came out! There are very few out there that can really have a trustworthy opinion about it.
Just by the tone of the post and because he owns a dx100, I call this BS

Again, it's ok that you called my Hardwarezone post BS.

However, please refer to post #869 of this thread. I had a go at the ZX2 for 75 minutes with my own music files.
Also, specifically what do you mean when you said proper setting? I was careful to turn off all the Sony enhancements and listened to the ZX2 without ClearAudio+ and EQ.

Mar 26, 2015 at 12:46 AM Post #3,594 of 14,773
Would it be possible to go through Sony for the warranty after you purchase from Crutchfield? They are an authorized Sony dealer and with receipt, seems like it would not be unreasonable. Same as if you were to buy it from another authorized dealer... Anyone know for sure?

Mar 26, 2015 at 12:57 AM Post #3,595 of 14,773
Just reviewing Sony's site and it states that if your product is within it's original warranty period, you can purchase an extended warranty from them. I did not go for the Crutchfield since it was 200$ . I will most likely purchase one from Sony after I receive mine from Crutchfield on Friday. I really don't see how they would not offer the warranty since Crutchfield is an authorized Sony dealer.

Can't wait until Friday, took the day off to welcome the arrival of my new addition and friend to my JH16's:p

Mar 26, 2015 at 1:38 AM Post #3,596 of 14,773

Look forward to see how this compares to my Fiio x5 , soon to be put up for sale on the bay
redface.gif

Arrived today and about 5 hours into the 100 hour break-in period .  So far, noticeably better than the FIIO X5 in just about every category and lower noise floor and little better resolution of instrument textures than the iBasso DX90.  128GB Micro SD format type is exFat, be sure and place all of your music under the "Music" folder on the card, otherwise, your files end up in the Library but there is a bug that will not allow you to walk the folders in the Sony player.  DLNA works great even with 24bit 96kHz files.  Giving my X5 to someone that would appreciate an upgrade to their Cowon.

PS: Listening with the JH16 Pro

Mar 26, 2015 at 1:41 AM Post #3,597 of 14,773
Just reviewing Sony's site and it states that if your product is within it's original warranty period, you can purchase an extended warranty from them. I did not go for the Crutchfield since it was 200$ . I will most likely purchase one from Sony after I receive mine from Crutchfield on Friday. I really don't see how they would not offer the warranty since Crutchfield is an authorized Sony dealer.

Can't wait until Friday, took the day off to welcome the arrival of my new addition and friend to my JH16's:p[/quote
Wow man good find! Just placed my order with 1 day shipping, will be here Friday! Will call Sony tomorrow and cancel the dap and find out if I can use the warranty on my crutchfield purchase! Thanks again for the information!

Mar 26, 2015 at 1:48 AM Post #3,598 of 14,773

Oh - I just remembered that Cruthfield does offer warranty for $200 so might cost the same although warranty would not be through Sony but you'll get it sooner

Got mine from there also.  Although the Squaretrade warranty is 200, it is 5 years vs. 3 for Sony, so it is a no-brainier when you figure it is tax-free.  I ordered on the Sony site in Feb with a March 2 ship date and then they pushed it back to April. 

Lesson learned, Sony web site orders are LOW priority over their distributors so don't trust their ETA.

Mar 26, 2015 at 2:00 AM Post #3,600 of 14,773
Friday will be Christmas early. Understood about the 5 vs 3 yr. The way I am with electronics and gadgets, for me to have something for 5 yrs in this arena, would be rare. Most likely by that time, they will have the zx5 or something insane. Figure the 3 yr at around 70$ would be ok. Was not really looking for a replacement for my fiio x5 and Mont Blanc , but after reading this forum and about the Sony... You know how that goes.

I was on the Sony wait list and was sched for First week of April and would have had sales tax as well. i cancelled and ordered from Crutchfield . I made sure they were physically in stock spoke to the rep who was looking right at the unit on his inventory .

Crutchfield offers a 60 day no hassle return as well, but can't see me doing that. If something comes up as a defect, sure I will be aware before the 60 days. Have used Crutchfield before and they are a class act. Between them and Amazon, never have to leave home . When I bought today, there were 8 verified in stock. He was not sure how soon they would receive more.

Wife will be at work Friday , she will have no idea, she will think it is my fiio... Already told her I had a lot of CME Medical Board audio I need to do this weekend :xf_eek:

Question on the burn in, do you just leave it looping and walk away to get the hrs when not able to listen? Would,it be best to use the battery or just AC charger and play?

Anyone find a nice case other than the Sony or the bay. Perhaps screen saver with same screen size?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back