SONY NW-ZX2
Mar 17, 2015 at 9:17 AM Post #3,106 of 14,755
Put it in Airplane mode, no improvement.
Also, just noticed that if I turn volume up, at each step I'm also getting a buzzing (electrical) noise. Sending back tomorrow I think. Over it already, this was supposed to be a happy, exciting experience. I knew I should've bought the AK240 :frowning2:

Mar 17, 2015 at 9:21 AM Post #3,107 of 14,755
Also, just noticed that if I turn volume up, at each step I'm also getting a buzzing (electrical) noise. Sending back tomorrow I think. Over it already, this was supposed to be a happy, exciting experience. I knew I should've bought the AK240 :frowning2:

Bet If you put up a pic of you zx2 with the serial number - Sony would be more incentivized to fix your problem faster...

Mar 17, 2015 at 9:35 AM Post #3,109 of 14,755
Also, just noticed that if I turn volume up, at each step I'm also getting a buzzing (electrical) noise. Sending back tomorrow I think. Over it already, this was supposed to be a happy, exciting experience. I knew I should've bought the AK240
frown.gif

Do you have a SD card installed? Maybe the SD card itself is causing a problem? You could try removing it, or using a different one.

Mar 17, 2015 at 9:54 AM Post #3,111 of 14,755
Do you have a SD card installed? Maybe the SD card itself is causing a problem? You could try removing it, or using a different one.

+ 1 that's what I'd try as well, also Sony mentions in the manual to put the SD card into the player first and then load it with music. You may want to wipe the card and then re-load it with music to see if that helps. Just a shot in the dark

Mar 17, 2015 at 10:00 AM Post #3,112 of 14,755
Hey guys,

Took delivery of my ZX2, very impressed except for one MASSIVE elephant in the room. Leading into a track when it supposed to be silent or a slight hiss, I'm actually getting intermittent squealing. This is also evident if a track has a silent part. I've reset the unit, turned it off and on, it got a full charge as soon as it left the packaging. It's SO annoying. I can even hear when I turn the volume all the way down (mute) and I press the skip track buttons. It happens right after, for up to two seconds then randomly occurs during playback of the entire track. It occurs irrespective of which album I play, bit depth/sample rate. I'm using JH16 CIEMS.
ANY help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.
I'm going to continue to have the unit play 24/7 and charge it how ever many times are required. If the problem persists, I'm going to send it back for a replacement under warranty. First ZX2 fail maybe? Typical of me to end up with the dud.

Is this the hiss ? Like electrical hum ? Does it happen every time a new track is played ? Or only when you connect new IEMS or started playing the first track ?

Sony straight out stated that the use of OsCON and POSCAP is the core technology of ZX2 amplification. That when it is new, it will likely to have hiss or electrical hum for a couple seconds, and that is normal.

It will age and best sounding after Sony recommendation of 100 hours burnin

Mar 17, 2015 at 10:08 AM Post #3,113 of 14,755
Also, just noticed that if I turn volume up, at each step I'm also getting a buzzing (electrical) noise. Sending back tomorrow I think. Over it already, this was supposed to be a happy, exciting experience. I knew I should've bought the AK240
frown.gif

I had static on mine when it was new...not the whining noise, but like an electrical noise. It went away after I put about 10-15 hours on the unit to run in. I am not saying that will happen with yours, but there really are changes that occur.

Mar 17, 2015 at 10:55 AM Post #3,114 of 14,755
frown.gif

I have the same issue with my AK120 II and 1964 V3. I don't hear it with SE 846 and HD700 though. When I skip a track (on-screen or side-button), there is a slight static noise that lasts half a second. I just chalked it upto sensitivity of the V3s. Could be the noise from 128GB Sandisk memory card. I'll have to test.

Mar 17, 2015 at 10:57 AM Post #3,115 of 14,755
I have the same issue with my AK120 II and 1964 V3. I don't hear it with SE 846 and HD700 though. When I skip a track (on-screen or side-button), there is a slight static noise that lasts half a second. I just chalked it upto sensitivity of the V3s. Could be the noise from 128GB Sandisk memory card. I'll have to test.

What Sandisk do you have ? I have extreme pro 64gb, and it is wonderful :D....waiting on Sony premium sound SD :D

Mar 17, 2015 at 11:00 AM Post #3,116 of 14,755
What Sandisk do you have ? I have extreme pro 64gb, and it is wonderful
biggrin.gif
....waiting on Sony premium sound SD
biggrin.gif

It's the ultra. I think, they have just one SKU for 128 gig.

Mar 17, 2015 at 11:05 AM Post #3,118 of 14,755
It's the ultra. I think, they have just one SKU for 128 gig.

I see, I also had another 64gb Sandisk Ultra Plus, and there was also very good as well, no noticeable sounds of anything. I moved to extreme pro because I thought I heard the sound becomes more clear, so the sound staged appears a bit wider ? Another member heard the same :D. For now, I am happy with extreme pro

Waiting on premium sound from Sony :D.

I just realized how crazy I have been with this ZX2....last time I was this crazy was when I buy my home system.

Now I have

IM-04 with upgraded 7N-OCC cables and TRRS plugs......now even better memory card :) .....sigh....I blame Sony...lol

Mar 17, 2015 at 11:08 AM Post #3,119 of 14,755

Tried the SanDisk Ultra 64 and the 128 and both worked fine.

Just to be clear, that static I hear is only for fraction of a second before the start of a track (not during playback). And only when I manually skip tracks, when the player moves to next track, it's not there.

Mar 17, 2015 at 11:08 AM Post #3,120 of 14,755
With all this hullabaloo about noise, I do have to say that my K10s do pick up the noise floor on the ZX2 that I went to demo again earlier today, when no music is playing. That store unit has been there for more than a month so this probably isn't something that burn in takes care of and is probably inherent to the ZX2. Can't say I hear any of that noise during music playback though (although I didn't test any tracks with very quiet passages).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back