SONY NW-ZX2
Mar 13, 2015 at 10:40 PM Post #2,881 of 14,772
Hmm..I bought all my HD tracks from Qobuz and they sound really good, if you're not already convinced about 24 bit, you can download for free some sample tracks on : http://www.2l.no/hires/

They have up to DXD 24BIT/352.8kHz on 24 bit and DSD 128 (5.6448Mbit/s)

Happy listening :)  

HDTracks
SuperHiRez
NativeDSD
E-onkyo
Linn
Bluecoast

Should be enough to start you off

Mar 13, 2015 at 10:42 PM Post #2,882 of 14,772
Sony will have to be sweating blood to improve any Sound quality significantly on the Zx2 :D....probably will be possible with the use of exotic materials ....and for them to bleed like that, it will cost the consumers arms and legs to buy it lol....

I also agree with the OS...android is draining battery really quickly ... Also very annoying.

Oh I think there is room for improvement. Trick is to keep it from getting any bigger and battery drain...

Mar 14, 2015 at 3:43 AM Post #2,886 of 14,772
These are very cheap screen protectors with a case for the zx1 included.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=191261497341&alt=web

Don't know how good the quality of the plastic film is, but I can let you know when it arrives.
I'll order a Japanese version as well, or the olifobic one from Korea, if this feels bad to touch.

Mar 14, 2015 at 8:03 AM Post #2,892 of 14,772
As I tend to use my ZX2 (and previously ZX1) primarily for "lying on my bed listening", I didn't bother with a screen protector. I am getting ready to sell my ZX1 and noted there wasn't a single micro scratch on the display after 10 months of use, so it doesn't seem that vulnerable. But of course if it is going to be rubbing on the inside of a pocket or particularly if use the very mediocre case that comes with it where the screen and case may rub together, then I think it's a good idea.

But am I right in thinking the ZX2 has a glass top? I don't think its gorilla glass, but it is glass from what I can tell. However Sony have done some really strange stuff in the past where they have had some of their phones with a glass cover, only then to stick their own anti-reflective plastic layer on-top of it!! I don't think that's what they have done here though.

Mar 14, 2015 at 8:15 AM Post #2,893 of 14,772

ouch..sound pain for the sticker..haha..

did you install it back? :p

Yes i did install it back, looks like it was installed from the factory with screen protector.

Buy some of these Chinese protectors, plastic or glass ones, and they give you a free Hi res gold sticker.

Mar 14, 2015 at 8:32 AM Post #2,894 of 14,772
As I tend to use my ZX2 (and previously ZX1) primarily for "lying on my bed listening", I didn't bother with a screen protector. I am getting ready to sell my ZX1 and noted there wasn't a single micro scratch on the display after 10 months of use, so it doesn't seem that vulnerable. But of course if it is going to be rubbing on the inside of a pocket or particularly if use the very mediocre case that comes with it where the screen and case may rub together, then I think it's a good idea.

But am I right in thinking the ZX2 has a glass top? I don't think its gorilla glass, but it is glass from what I can tell. However Sony have done some really strange stuff in the past where they have had some of their phones with a glass cover, only then to stick their own anti-reflective plastic layer on-top of it!! I don't think that's what they have done here though.

Yes it is just glass....now how tough ? I am not sure. But there is a way to test if the glass is reinforced in some ways, or pure glass. Drop 1 drop of water on the surface. If it dense up and tucked in as a water "ball" then you have some reinforced glass....this includes the glass on iPad, iPhone.....etc....gorilla....sapphires will show the best ball formations. Why ? There is a science behind it. Google it :D

So I have tested it....and the water just runs everywhere....means it is glass as much as your glass table :D

Buy some of these Chinese protectors, plastic or glass ones, and they give you a free Hi res gold sticker.

Now, this gold sticker will be non genuine :rolleyes:

Mar 14, 2015 at 8:33 AM Post #2,895 of 14,772

Yes it is just glass....now how tough ? I am not sure. But there is a way to test if the glass is reinforced in some ways, or pure glass. Drop 1 drop of water on the surface. If it dense up and tucked in as a water "ball" then you have some reinforced glass....this includes the glass on iPad, iPhone.....etc....gorilla....sapphires will show the best ball formations. Why ? There is a science behind it. Google it
biggrin.gif

So I have tested it....and the water just runs everywhere....means it is glass as much as your glass table
biggrin.gif

Now, this gold sticker will be non genuine
rolleyes.gif

Not sure, about this, I will have to buy a glass protector and see, but I'm sure it will look the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back