SONY NW-ZX2
Mar 12, 2015 at 1:10 PM Post #2,821 of 14,755
How fast is the ZX-2 with transferring music via USB ? my A17 which is claimed to be USB 2.0 is connected to an USB 3.0 and it transfers like at 7-10MB/s... using media GO it takes arround 1 minute peR GB, transferred around 2GB of music and took 2 minutes approx (133 flac files in CD quality, 5 albums)

my 128GB card transfers at 35-40MB/S

Mar 12, 2015 at 2:03 PM Post #2,823 of 14,755
  How fast is the ZX-2 with transferring music via USB ? my A17 which is claimed to be USB 2.0 is connected to an USB 3.0 and it transfers like at 7-10MB/s... using media GO it takes arround 1 minute peR GB, transferred around 2GB of music and took 2 minutes approx (133 flac files in CD quality, 5 albums)

my 128GB card transfers at 35-40MB/S

I'd say it's hovering around the 1 minute per GB mark. It's definitely USB 2.0 speeds.

Mar 12, 2015 at 2:31 PM Post #2,824 of 14,755
I ordered last night through Sony USA, estimated shipping early April, I'm becoming more excited the more I read about it. I opted for the 3 year Accidential damage warranty for a extra $75, so if the battery goes bad or I step on or drop it and get screen damage, I'm assuming they will just replace it for free. Surprised more people are not discussing this additional coverage considering this is a $1,200 dap

Mar 12, 2015 at 2:36 PM Post #2,825 of 14,755
I ordered last night through Sony USA, estimated shipping early April, I'm becoming more excited the more I read about it. I opted for the 3 year Accidential damage warranty for a extra $75, so if the battery goes bad or I step on or drop it and get screen damage, I'm assuming they will just replace it for free. Surprised more people are not discussing this additional coverage considering this is a $1,200 dap

For $75 I might have, but a three year accidental damage warranty was something like 200+ when I was checking out (Canadian online store). I'd rather take my chances and just replace something if it goes south, you get one year parts standard so I figure that's enough for now. 

Oh and be excited, be very excited...

Mar 12, 2015 at 3:01 PM Post #2,826 of 14,755
Yeah same here in Australia over $200.00. At $75.00 I would have jumped on it, esp if it was $1200, not $1599.

Something has to be done about this, its wrong. I'm thinking I should have been a politician, I could of had a go at fixing it.
Our hole system, is stuffed.

Mar 12, 2015 at 3:16 PM Post #2,828 of 14,755
Put the headphone's on this morning and after a another night of burning in, and oh my goodness, it's spacious and open today.

Wow, its truly the best my ears have encountered, I'm in music heaven on earth.

Mar 12, 2015 at 4:26 PM Post #2,829 of 14,755
Are there any customer service advantages to buying from Sony direct or an in country dealer?

Mar 12, 2015 at 9:43 PM Post #2,832 of 14,755
I just order mine!

I first submitted order via Sony web site but shipping 5/5/15 although it mentions it's available. Not sure I understand this to be honest.
I didn't want to wait. I got an e-mail from Crutchfield that they had some in stock so i went with Crutchfield and should receive it on 3/18.

The advantage of getting it from sony is that you can return it to an actual store. Also, they offer a 3 year warrant for $79.

As I said, I didn't want to wait 2 months from this gem!

Mar 12, 2015 at 9:51 PM Post #2,834 of 14,755
Hey guys have you used mediaGo to transfer music files to your SD card or an USB drive?

Well turns out i was testing mediaGo speed while using the microSD card with the built-in card reader from the VAIO laptop.. and well a weird but crappy bug

made sure to see the settings fro the MicroSD card and uncehckec the convert media if required by device and selected do not convert High resolution audio
SD card OUTSIDE WALKMAN:
A) 24-bit flacs get copied as it
B) 16-bit flac get converted to MP3

SD CARD INSIDE WALKMAN
A)24-bit copied as they are
B)16-BIT copies as they are flac

Mar 12, 2015 at 9:57 PM Post #2,835 of 14,755
Lol...this is so wrong....I am trying both Sandisk micro SD at the same capacity 64 gb.

Ultra plus with 45 mbs
Extreme pro with 95 mbs

They both sounded very very similar, but the extreme pro sound like 10-15% cleaner, so it is slightly more revealing and appear with wider soundstage....like very subtles, and it will need a close listen to even distinct....it will be as confusing as if you double blind test, you just can't really tell. Similar to how any blind test can get confusing between CD quality vs high resolution quality....the chances for someone to tell the differences will be inconsisten, but it is definitely there.

Now here are the physical differences.

Ultra plus (UP) has only 45/40 mb/s as write/read. It offers no damages proof of anything...especially X-ray , and magnetic proof

Extreme pro (EP) has 95/90 mb/s....it has all the damages proof needed......especially X-ray and magnetic proof. I believe magnetic proof plays a huge roll in making the memory card to play music cleaner.

Conclusion, if I am correct, anything with high speed, and magnetic proof will also have quality music playback :wink:. I hope I can have a Sony one to do some real comparision :D....unless Sony has the SD with even higher speed ? And better quality of damages proofing ? :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back