SONY NW-ZX2
Feb 28, 2015 at 11:33 AM Post #2,146 of 14,755
  I got it mine directly from Japan through Ebay for $1120 and I got through EMS ,just 4days, that is amazing fast shipping,right now It is $1099.00,wow the price is falling fast. It is assembled(made in) in Malaysia

hmm..
frown.gif
. I was hoping it should be made in japan instead of Malaysia since you bought it directly from japan, but does your ZX2 has english language.?

Feb 28, 2015 at 11:34 AM Post #2,147 of 14,755
The screen will drain the battery very quickly, in around 5 to 6 has, so it has a huge battery drain, same with WiFi and Bluetooth, so if you don't use the screen, you may get the runtime, also the battery needs to be cycled several times before it reaches its capacity.

Screen time was 5% of my total usage on first charge. If it showed 50% then I would agree. 5% is not high. It's all the other programs running that use battery.

My current tally for two hours this morning is: device idle 40%, media players 26%, media server 24%, android os 6%, screen 3%, media 3%.

I assume all these are needed.

Feb 28, 2015 at 11:36 AM Post #2,148 of 14,755
Excellent,
25% is a huge difference, I don't think you have a dud, if you are turning off the zx2, that will also have a big drain,
If you cycle that battery say 5 times, then only play music in airoplanemode, don't turn the screen on at all and don't reboot it, you will see the battery stated battery life.

Feb 28, 2015 at 11:41 AM Post #2,150 of 14,755

I got it mine directly from Japan through Ebay for $1120 and I got through EMS ,just 4days, that is amazing fast shipping,right now It is $1099.00,wow the price is falling fast. It is assembled(made in) in Malaysia

hmm..
frown.gif
. I was hoping it should be made in japan instead of Malaysia since you bought it directly from japan, but does your ZX2 has english language.?

It has both English and Japanese, there was a photo posted further up in the thread.

Feb 28, 2015 at 11:44 AM Post #2,151 of 14,755
Excellent,
25% is a huge difference, I don't think you have a dud, if you are turning off the zx2, that will also have a big drain,
If you cycle that battery say 5 times, then only play music in airoplanemode, don't turn the screen on at all and don't reboot it, you will see the battery stated battery life.

Really? Power down drains more than just leaving it on? Why doesn't Sony mention this in the manual? They talk about everythung else sucking battery, like EQ.

Maybe rebuilding the library is also a drain factor? I can't completely avoid the screen. Searching for an album takes some time. My first charge showed screen was on for 2.5 hours because I was learning how android works, but now I try to keep it to a minimum.

Feb 28, 2015 at 11:51 AM Post #2,153 of 14,755
Screen time was 5% of my total usage on first charge. If it showed 50% then I would agree. 5% is not high. It's all the other programs running that use battery.

My current tally for two hours this morning is: device idle 40%, media players 26%, media server 24%, android os 6%, screen 3%, media 3%.

I assume all these are needed.

My battery consumption here

I think your is good !

And like I said, If you wifi on, at least disable your Google account. This guy drains a lot of battery to live feed Google cloud......

Feb 28, 2015 at 12:05 PM Post #2,154 of 14,755
My battery consumption here

I think your is good !

And like I said, If you wifi on, at least disable your Google account. This guy drains a lot of battery to live feed Google cloud......

Yes, this seems more like mine. I wonder about those who claim 8 hrs use and 85% battery left. Seems exaggerated.

How did you get screen time removed from usage? I can see cutting down screen time but not removing it completely.

How do you disable goggle account? I think I did already but I can double check.

Feb 28, 2015 at 12:07 PM Post #2,156 of 14,755
Android is a complex operating system built for multiple things and purposes, not just audio, audio has been put on the back burner in most instances in Android, it's great there's this and other devices being built but yes booting the device will suck some battery juice, more than idle.
I think as they update android and Sony release android 5, that will make the battery last a very long time in standby, I just hope Sony back this device up with quick and constant updates. Especially for the price, and lack of compatible connectivity.

Really? Power down drains more than just leaving it on? Why doesn't Sony mention this in the manual? They talk about everythung else sucking battery, like EQ.

Maybe rebuilding the library is also a drain factor? I can't completely avoid the screen. Searching for an album takes some time. My first charge showed screen was on for 2.5 hours because I was learning how android works, but now I try to keep it to a minimum.

Feb 28, 2015 at 12:43 PM Post #2,157 of 14,755
Android is a complex operating system built for multiple things and purposes, not just audio, audio has been put on the back burner in most instances in Android, it's great there's this and other devices being built but yes booting the device will suck some battery juice, more than idle.
I think as they update android and Sony release android 5, that will make the battery last a very long time in standby, I just hope Sony back this device up with quick and constant updates. Especially for the price, and lack of compatible connectivity.

Sony won't update android on this, otherwise they wouldn't of put 4.2, they will put a more recent version like 4.4.

Feb 28, 2015 at 1:01 PM Post #2,160 of 14,755
This is bad news of true, I'd like to believe the Sony android team are in the lab now flooring it the bugs in Android 5.
It should already be running version 5.

Sony won't update android on this, otherwise they wouldn't of put 4.2, they will put a more recent version like 4.4.

I'm sure if they had the intention to update, they wouldn't use a very old version, the ZX1 never even got a update.

Did 4.4 not have sd card issues?

What problem, I have 4.4 on my Samsung S4 mini 9192, not a single update.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back