SONY NW-ZX2
Feb 27, 2015 at 6:07 AM Post #2,027 of 14,773
I don't think that it is expensive for the materials and RS that Sony did....for Christ sake, a Brembo brakes set is twice as much, or a BBS 18" wheel is just as expensive, or any Ray forged wheel....lol....and those are simpler to make, but expensive technology and brand

The ZX2 material is also expensive, solid alumium, film condensed capacitors, copper and gold shield, high end clocks, thick board, real leather.......etc, every details was thought throughoutly and board amplifications design was from scratch with inspiration from ZX1 and their own technology.....ZX2 price is justified! AK240 however is not...

rolleyes.gif

Feb 27, 2015 at 6:08 AM Post #2,028 of 14,773
I don't think that it is expensive for the materials and RS that Sony did....for Christ sake, a Brembo brakes set is twice as much, or a BBS 18" wheel is just as expensive, or any Ray forged wheel....lol....and those are simpler to make, but expensive technology and brand

The ZX2 material is also expensive, solid alumium, film condensed capacitors, copper and gold shield, high end clocks, thick board, real leather.......etc, every details was thought throughoutly and board amplifications design was from scratch with inspiration from ZX1 and their own technology.....ZX2 price is justified! AK240 however is not...

I think you misunderstood me, What i am saying is even the sony Z5 IEM is slightly cheaper than ZX2, but Z5 is made in japan and the ZX2 is not, this is where i am curious about.
whether the ZX2 price tag is justified or not that i cant tell.

Feb 27, 2015 at 6:08 AM Post #2,029 of 14,773
  Has anyone spoken with Sony UK to find out if they are still on-track for next week for orders? My order has been sitting with an ETA of 4th or 5th of March, but Amazon UK says 2nd of March.

@jonstatt
I can't see that anybody had replied to you about this, but my order on the Sony UK site still says: Delivery: 04/03 - 05/03.
I haven't tried contacting Sony, but I will try to find a way to do so and see if I can get a response.

EDIT: I have now sent an email to the Sony customer support team, so now hoping I will get a reply before they actually start to ship. 

Feb 27, 2015 at 6:15 AM Post #2,030 of 14,773
  I think you misunderstood me, What i am saying is even the sony Z5 IEM is slightly cheaper than ZX2, but Z5 is made in japan and the ZX2 is not, this is where i am curious about.

The reason the Z5 and Z7 are priced as such is partly due to being made in Japan, if Sony made the ZX2 in Japan, they would have to sell it for considerably more than 1.2K.

A dap like ZX2 takes more time and resources to produce than a headphone, so the added cost of making ZX2 in Japan would be higher than the added cost of making Z5 or Z7 in Japan.

Feb 27, 2015 at 6:20 AM Post #2,031 of 14,773
5009295 Singapore version (made in Malaysia if that makes a diff but bet they all are made there)

BTW, the Sony has never annoyed me with a stupid "Listening at a high volume level for a long..." warning pop-up. You can crank it all the way up for as long as you like :)

The setting need to be turned on.. Go to Settings/Sound/AVLS. You will never be able to crank the volume "all the way up for as long as you like" anymore, yet w/o the "stupid.. warning pop-up"

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Feb 27, 2015 at 6:26 AM Post #2,032 of 14,773
^ probably AK240 price :D if it was made in Japan

Now , I found out why the Sound Adjustment Enable/Disable sometimes yield Louder sound and or not :D.......wow what a discovery!!

****Warning****** turn your volumes down......wayssss down.......

Do not reboot if unnecessary, the volumes output will be back to normal even if Sound Adjustment app is disabled.....unless you want to walk through all these steps to disable the Sound Adjustment app again.....if you have to reboot your ZX2 >>>> enable Sound Adjustment >>>>> reboot >>>>> walk these steps again
1/ setting
2/ apps
3/ swipe left to "all"
4/ scroll 75% down, look for Sound Adjustment app
5/ before disabling the Sound Adjustment app>>>>>> tab out >>>>> open the Sound Adjustment app
6/ Dynamic Normalizer....tick this gosh dang culprit ......this is the guy which ultimately decide if the volumes output increase or not.......have to check this box
7/ Disable the Sound Adjustment

Feb 27, 2015 at 6:33 AM Post #2,033 of 14,773
Feb 27, 2015 at 6:38 AM Post #2,034 of 14,773

it will also be good to state what version you have, this will also pinpoint if there are differences in Japanese version against international version.

Mine is Hong Kong

I just want to see the combine of all the owners ZX2 and there version, and see if there are differences between the japan or international, also seeing if bugs do exist between the f/w used for the Japan and international version.

Feb 27, 2015 at 6:39 AM Post #2,035 of 14,773
You don't need to Reboot > Enable Sound Enhancements > Reboot. 
It only needs Enable Sound Enhancements > Reboot.
If you want to turn off ZX2, just make sure you have enabled sound enhancements before turn off, that way you will be ready to disable it again next time.
After you disable sound enhancements, press home button, that way the sound enhancements app screen will be tabbed, and you can quickly tab back onto it with the bottom right main button for when you want to enable the app if you want to turn off zx2.

Feb 27, 2015 at 6:40 AM Post #2,036 of 14,773
  @jonstatt
I can't see that anybody had replied to you about this, but my order on the Sony UK site still says: Delivery: 04/03 - 05/03.
I haven't tried contacting Sony, but I will try to find a way to do so and see if I can get a response.

EDIT: I have now sent an email to the Sony customer support team, so now hoping I will get a reply before they actually start to ship. 

Thank you very much for the response. I was quite sure I wasn't the only UK person eagerly awaiting their new arrival :)

I ordered at the end of January. What frustrates me is the fact that Sony UK take the full money straight away before they even know for sure when they are even going to ship the item! That is such an outdated practice these days.

Feb 27, 2015 at 6:40 AM Post #2,037 of 14,773

They are two different item, you can't compare.

Have you compared the Z5 and A5, both iem's, also there price differences.

Feb 27, 2015 at 7:06 AM Post #2,038 of 14,773

The reason the Z5 and Z7 are priced as such is partly due to being made in Japan, if Sony made the ZX2 in Japan, they would have to sell it for considerably more than 1.2K.

A dap like ZX2 takes more time and resources to produce than a headphone, so the added cost of making ZX2 in Japan would be higher than the added cost of making Z5 or Z7 in Japan.

Erm, the price for the ZX2 is $1140 in amazon quite close to 1.2k. The Difficulty to produce ZX2 and the Z5 or Z7 should be more or like the same in my opinion. Both are high end product with high end material. Based on your information you stated that if ZX2 made in japan would be more expensive than made in malaysia. Then why did Z5 and Z7 are made in japan instead of Malaysia?

Feb 27, 2015 at 7:33 AM Post #2,040 of 14,773
In my opinion, i think that the manufacturer plant in Malaysia is just to assemble the parts import from japan, if the ZX2 is entirely made in Malaysia then the quality will not be as good as the ZX2 made in japan.

That will explain why the ZX2 is price at $1140 in amazon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back