SONY NW-ZX2
Feb 26, 2015 at 3:45 PM Post #1,954 of 14,773
did you uninstall or disable stuff? also i was wrong on volume i just had the screen very dim and thought it was off...volume is clikxk...ff and rwd is there though...did you hold down for 2 secish?

Held it for ten seconds. Does nothing. I also went into developer mode and turned off a lot of animations. Right now I'm testing spotify streaming with wifi to see how it affects battery.

Feb 26, 2015 at 4:00 PM Post #1,957 of 14,773
So how do you use a wifi based hard drive with the ZX2? I have one that I have music on that is wireless. 

Feb 26, 2015 at 4:05 PM Post #1,958 of 14,773
dont think matters.but have you tried with flac or dsd files?

Flac yes, but no DSD. DSD is overkill for me. I don't like that hi res files lose EQ ability. I have already converted many of my hi res files from 96 to 44 so I can use clear bass on them. They sound a lot better that way and don't lose any audible quality. Hi res is useless to me. One album sized around 1.35 gigs is hilarious and any SQ advantage is totally inaudible. I also had my hearing tested very thoroughly by an ENT this week and have no problems.

What is really funny is that I have some Hi-Rez albums that actually sound better on Spotify streaming at 320 OGG.

Feb 26, 2015 at 4:36 PM Post #1,961 of 14,773
You set up DNLA on the zx2 and it connects to your network. What brand drive do you use? I am looking into buying one but I have no idea what is a good one. I need 2 tb.

My passport WD. Works great with my Mac. I am surprised how easy it is to use, even used it as an extended base. 

Whoa! That was fast and easy! tb's of music. I just walked all over the house and then outside and it works fine! Double cool and drool! lol 

battery life not so good huh?  That is a shame.   I cancel my order.  

Battery life is fine. I have been running for 4 hours now and the bar has gone down about 10 percent and that is driving some portable headphones, the Koss PortaPros and the ESW10 Jpn. 

-----------------------

My ZX2 has gone through some awkward stages of sounding good and then so-so, not bad but no better than my better sounding daps but now it is starting to open up again. Must be around 75 hours on it now. Cool!

Feb 26, 2015 at 4:45 PM Post #1,964 of 14,773
I have WD passport drives, too. But they only work if your pc is on. I need I one that can stream from without it being attached to a pc.

Mine has the built in wifi. It is about 2 months old, has USB 3 so loads fast. Great stuff. Now I need to make a nice leather case for this. What is shipped is something from the 80's. The cases from Korea are much more refined and nicely made. When I used to make items like this professionally along with boots, this would have been handed back to me and I would have been told to refine it and make class it up. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back