SONY NW-ZX2
Nov 29, 2016 at 10:56 PM Post #13,486 of 14,773
Each to his own, to me what you do is totally irrellevant. The way I use my ZX2 is always in Genre, Artist, Album mode playing an entire album end to end and in this way I detect no lag at all. And I exclusively use it to play locally stored music and it runs nothing other than the music app and required ayatem tasks with sound enhancements killed. It has not been restarted since September last year

Nov 30, 2016 at 11:30 AM Post #13,488 of 14,773
My WM1A is at customs clearance, I wrote to Fedex if they can ship it to me by today LOL as tomorrow i leave the town

Nov 30, 2016 at 12:32 PM Post #13,489 of 14,773
It seem like sony is staying away from android with it's DAP, Sony Japan has official ended it's sale and discontinued with this model, making way for and increasing it's sale for the NW-WM1A and NW-WM1Z.

Although I do like my ZX 2, I will still get the NW-WM1A, also my ZX 2 does not lag, i'm using the internal memory ATM, but previously I used the Sandisk 200GB without any problem.

Nov 30, 2016 at 12:41 PM Post #13,490 of 14,773
Yeah, in one of the interviews they mentioned that using their own OS, they could do more to retrieve better music quality and updates, where as Android they would need to conform with patents and all that....which proved very problematic for their directions. Beside, android wasn't an optimal OS for battery life either.

Nov 30, 2016 at 12:46 PM Post #13,491 of 14,773
Has anyone used the ZX2 with the Audeze LCD-XCs and if so what did you think?  How did the ZX2 do driving the XCs?  I own the ZX1 and the ZX1 seems to be a little underpowered when it comes to driving the XCs.  Thanks.  I apologize if this question has already been asked and answered in an earlier post.

Nov 30, 2016 at 12:47 PM Post #13,492 of 14,773
Yeah, in one of the interviews they mentioned that using their own OS, they could do more to retrieve better music quality and updates, where as Android they would need to conform with patents and all that....which proved very problematic for their directions. Beside, android wasn't an optimal OS for battery life either.

Probably a limitation on android part that Sony can't release it's full potential, You will know, the SQ differences from ZX2 and the WM1A is so large. 

Nov 30, 2016 at 8:16 PM Post #13,494 of 14,773
Any of you lucky enough to own both K10's / Encore / Katana and a Linux Bax cable? Am wondering what the cable is like.

Nov 30, 2016 at 9:03 PM Post #13,495 of 14,773
Hoping someone can help me. I have an album in dsd/dsf format with 12 tracks. When I check the file on my computer on the microsd card it shows 12 tracks but when I access it on my zx2 it only shows 6 tracks available to play. I have tried deleting and adding the file a couple of times but it does not change how many tracks are playable. I appreciate any help anyone may have.
Thanks.

Dec 1, 2016 at 12:56 AM Post #13,497 of 14,773
Any of you lucky enough to own both K10's / Encore / Katana and a Linux Bax cable? Am wondering what the cable is like.

I don't own any of the mentioned CIEM's but i have the custom art 8.2

I believe cables have an effect but the effect is really really subtle I by opinion, the absolute advantage linum bax cable have over other cables is the ergonomics.

The cable simply disappear you don't sense it's there so if ergonomics is your main concern Linum is the way to go.

The cable does have 1.5 ohm that may effect the lows in a subtle way for some ciems but I notice none on the 8.2 that are not source picky

Dec 1, 2016 at 2:45 AM Post #13,498 of 14,773

how is the SW24 ? interested in buying a silver cable for my EE Athena

Dec 1, 2016 at 5:20 AM Post #13,499 of 14,773

how is the SW24 ? interested in buying a silver cable for my EE Athena

SW24 is a great cable.It is extremely well made and also looks great which always counts too. Build quality means a lot to me.
I am going to send it back and get it re-terminated for use with my Noble Encores. I just hope it doesn't drag them out my ears though as the Encore universals sit so lightly in my ears to say how well they are sealed for the sound. Mind you, I still hope to get customs one day so that will all change anyway.
I had this cable with a TRRS plug for my ZX2 but then had a smaller cable made which converts it to TRS for my Mojo, etc. This was made from the same SW24 cable.
I'm not knocking what this cable can do but sometimes think I want a thinner cable like a Linum SuperBax, that is, if they ever release it! Not for sale yet. Since I got the Nobles with their own thin cable, I am appreciating this more as you don't even know it is there. 

Dec 1, 2016 at 1:48 PM Post #13,500 of 14,773
ZX2 and Encore - I think i've just 'awoken' some more bass! lol. A different sound to the Mojo and both are just superb. Cant wait to get my SW24 re-terminated and try that with them and that'll bring me TRRS back too so should be a good change.
It's gonna be a great few months when all of your designs start coming through for your custom Encore and Katana. It's gonna be another eye candy time! Brilliant. Jealous...........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back