SONY NW-ZX2
Sep 13, 2016 at 8:45 AM Post #13,021 of 14,773
That's what I've tried to do, numerous times.

Just to confirm the stages;

1. enable app in settings
2. reboot device
3. disable app in settings
4. profit

Anything I'm forgetting?

You have to have an option enabled in the app when you disable the app, but other than that your steps are what I did (mind you I have not rebooted in nearly a year so there might be something I'm forgetting)

Sep 13, 2016 at 8:51 AM Post #13,022 of 14,773
You have to have an option enabled in the app when you disable the app, but other than that your steps are what I did (mind you I have not rebooted in nearly a year so there might be something I'm forgetting)

Yep, I always have something selected in the settings app.

I just don't understand why it doesn't work anymore. I must have tried 10 or 15 times now, but with no joy

Sep 13, 2016 at 9:21 AM Post #13,023 of 14,773

Yep, I always have something selected in the settings app.

I just don't understand why it doesn't work anymore. I must have tried 10 or 15 times now, but with no joy

Go to Settings (in ANDROID home) then tap Apps, search the sounds adjustmets app or sounds enhacement and then tap it and then tap ACTIVATE button

Sep 13, 2016 at 9:36 AM Post #13,024 of 14,773

Go to Settings (in ANDROID home) then tap Apps, search the sounds adjustmets app or sounds enhacement and then tap it and then tap ACTIVATE button

​Why would I enable it again? Am I not trying to disable it?

My issue is that whenever I disable the sound adjustments app, then volume is not increasing.

Sep 13, 2016 at 9:42 AM Post #13,025 of 14,773

​Why would I enable it again? Am I not trying to disable it?

My issue is that whenever I disable the sound adjustments app, then volume is not increasing.

You restarted the zx2 isn't it? when you rebooted it the app ctivated again

Sep 13, 2016 at 9:51 AM Post #13,026 of 14,773

You restarted the zx2 isn't it? when you rebooted it the app ctivated again

That's correct. I have tried the process dozens of times now and it won't work again

Sep 13, 2016 at 10:18 AM Post #13,027 of 14,773
Got it disabled on about the 400th try! lol

The only thing I did differently was enable two things in the settings rather than one and then force stopped the app before disabling it.

That was starting to really annoy me
biggrin.gif

Sep 13, 2016 at 10:54 AM Post #13,030 of 14,773
Sep 13, 2016 at 3:48 PM Post #13,031 of 14,773

​That it is
biggrin.gif

It isn't,you just need to do it with correct steps,it's pretty straightforward and shouldn't take too many tries.
1)Enable clear bass(whatever step,irrelevant,it is more likely to work with an eq setting on),put vol at 1/5 and have a song playing so you know it works when vol suddenly increases.
2)All apps,sound adjustment,click disable,if the vol doesn't increase,you enable it again and THEN restart the player and try again.Once disabled you just keep the player on and charge battery at 15-20%,if you turn player off you have to do the process again.

Sep 13, 2016 at 4:33 PM Post #13,032 of 14,773
  It isn't,you just need to do it with correct steps,it's pretty straightforward and shouldn't take too many tries.
1)Enable clear bass(whatever step,irrelevant,it is more likely to work with an eq setting on),put vol at 1/5 and have a song playing so you know it works when vol suddenly increases.
2)All apps,sound adjustment,click disable,if the vol doesn't increase,you enable it again and THEN restart the player and try again.Once disabled you just keep the player on and charge battery at 15-20%,if you turn player off you have to do the process again.

​Well actually I have succesfuly done this process before and It's always worked first time.

I repeated the same steps as always a number of times before if eventually worked. If you look back through the thread I'm also not the first to have to repeat the process before it would work either.

Sep 13, 2016 at 9:05 PM Post #13,034 of 14,773

Anyone with a ZX2 and XBA-Z5? how they pair together? (no amp) if possible both balanced and SE comparo thanks.

Congrats on your new XBA-Z5!

I have tried the XBA-Z5 with ZX2. I think they match very well with great SQ.

​Thnaks for the info, now saving for a WM1A
cool.gif

Sep 14, 2016 at 2:34 AM Post #13,035 of 14,773
ZX2 to SE846 via LDAC!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back