SONY NW-ZX2
Jan 16, 2016 at 8:57 AM Post #10,096 of 14,755
I will be getting Onkyo DP-x1 soon, but I hear users reporting that 3rd party app doesn't work correctly on that player...shame...it has better android OS, but with worse flaws lol. Yeah, this power amp alpha is truly outstanding as well. It offers the clarity and the expansive sound stage of jet audio, but less harsh trebles also very clean background with tons of visualization for entertainment purposes

Jan 16, 2016 at 9:13 AM Post #10,097 of 14,755
I will be getting Onkyo DP-x1 soon, but I hear users reporting that 3rd party app doesn't work correctly on that player...shame...it has better android OS, but with worse flaws lol. Yeah, this power amp alpha is truly outstanding as well. It offers the clarity and the expansive sound stage of jet audio, but less harsh trebles also very clean background with tons of visualization for entertainment purposes

another player ? lol , i hope you find sonic peace of mind soon 
tongue.gif

i still have not installed jetaudio yet , i am fine now with gonemad/onkyo , will download it once i need a new flavor

Jan 16, 2016 at 9:21 AM Post #10,098 of 14,755

Yeah and that mystery plug falling apart on the Onkyo dpx1, got me thinking the ZX2 is worth the extra money.

We might only get one plug, but at least we get to keep it on the device.:scream:
The clarity on power amp now is outstanding, your right it doesn't sound artificial, like jet audio and the processing filter used.

This seems like a refined version with out the head fatigue after 3 songs. Very good find buddy..:thumbsup:

I have been actually given a shock, out of the blue, just a second ago, with the sound stage popping out now within the music, it's that good.

Seriously, the ZX2 keeps getting better.

It's the DAP that keeps giving.

Jan 16, 2016 at 9:25 AM Post #10,099 of 14,755
Yeah :) I will give DP-x1 a good battle against the Titan Zx2 with both being TRRS solid silver balanced and see...but somehow I have the feeling that nothing will beat Zx2 now with this power amp alpha.
another player ? lol , i hope you find sonic peace of mind soon :p

i still have not installed jetaudio yet , i am fine now with gonemad/onkyo , will download it once i need a new flavor

Download this power amp alpha. You get 2 weeks free trial :wink: why waste it, you will drop jaws

Jan 16, 2016 at 9:29 AM Post #10,100 of 14,755
Yeah
smily_headphones1.gif
I will give DP-x1 a good battle against the Titan Zx2 with both being TRRS solid silver balanced and see...but somehow I have the feeling that nothing will beat Zx2 now with this power amp alpha.
Download this power amp alpha. You get 2 weeks free trial
wink.gif
why waste it, you will drop jaws

i see audioxxx has also joined your cult 
tongue.gif

ok i will go for this one istead of jetaudio 

you have the link in the previous pages, right ?

Jan 16, 2016 at 9:32 AM Post #10,101 of 14,755
∆ not sure you should even open the box now, (don't bother) it won't come close to this.

Female vocals are floating around. All over the place now on power amp, is like they appear dance around and vanish again.

Jan 16, 2016 at 9:34 AM Post #10,102 of 14,755
It took me a whole year and some more later to finally figured out why did Sony produce Zx2 and it cost so so much....they thought of how android OS and 3rd party software work, and then proceed with their own ancient researches onto class D technologies and to finally created a master piece that works with every 3rd party apps...

The crazy things about this is how "clearly" each different apps and player sound differentiate from one another! I remember someone was telling me that different apps doesn't sound different at all LOL!

Now why would Sony release any new software when 3rd party developers will just keep developing without Sony touching a finger....and it just keep getting better LOL! Clear example is power amp vs the Alpha Power amp :wink:

Sony! My hat off to you

Jan 16, 2016 at 9:45 AM Post #10,104 of 14,755
I found another app that is working pretty well with Zx2 as well

Download here
http://powerampapp.com/download/Poweramp-alpha-build-700-uni.apk
More info here
http://forum.powerampapp.com/index.php?/topic/8494-poweramp-alpha-build-700/
Just download, and no need to use market place. Then install, remember to allow unknown sources on your setting.

Use ultra high re-sampling rate for the utmost quality
Setting>audio>revamp Let>Sox resampler

biggrin.gif

Zx2 never stop entertaining me with different player apps.

hey whitigir , tell me something 

i downloaded the pk file in my laptop , can i simply drag&drop it to my zx2 or do i need to download it straight through my zx2 in wifi mode ?

if so where do i leave/install it ?

Jan 16, 2016 at 9:49 AM Post #10,106 of 14,755
No, you download that file by using Zx2 and wifi connection. You will directly download and install it onto Zx2 over the air. Take it as a complimentary from Sony update to bring Zx2 yet to another level

so i simply need to type/connect to the download link you provided , right ? and the instalation works automatically on its own ?

edit : the forum links shows people reporting quite few bugs/glitches , i will wait a  bit until the alpha version stabilizes 
rolleyes.gif

Jan 16, 2016 at 9:52 AM Post #10,107 of 14,755
i see audioxxx has also joined your cult :p

ok i will go for this one istead of jetaudio 

you have the link in the previous pages, right ?

I would buy this over jet audio, this has taken the ZX2 to the next level.

And you have 2 weeks to test it before you need to pay, I already used the licence on it, and it works on it as an Alfa version, no problems.

Jan 16, 2016 at 9:53 AM Post #10,109 of 14,755
Absolutely correct ! Remember to set your setting to alow unknown sources

how/where do i do/choose this option ?

edit : nvm , i found it 
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back