SONY NW-ZX2
Jan 13, 2016 at 12:12 PM Post #10,051 of 14,773
Not enough that I have noticed it, but that might just be my 54 year old ears. It is clearly noticable when no music is playing and the screen is on with my JH13. Nothing at all with Signature Pro.

54?Ι'll be there in 18 years although not looking for it.Based on your insightful comments here and on the dx90 thread you must have one of the best ears for a middle aged guy.

Jan 13, 2016 at 2:08 PM Post #10,052 of 14,773
54?Ι'll be there in 18 years although not looking for it.Based on your insightful comments here and on the dx90 thread you must have one of the best ears for a middle aged guy.

I have a dip in my hearing on both ears somewhere in the treble range (can't remember precisely at what khz it is) from an explosion in my youth but otherwise I'm ok.

Jan 13, 2016 at 3:10 PM Post #10,054 of 14,773
Dang!...you are a veteran ?

Nope, a fool at age about 12. Using a soldering iron heating some explosive caps from a starter gun and they blew up in a small concrete cellar room. Very loud bang and solder all over my cloths and a piece of shrapnel in my leg (came out 6 months later 4" from where it went in).

Jan 13, 2016 at 4:26 PM Post #10,056 of 14,773
Sorry if this has been asked/answered before, but does anyone know if the EU ZX2 had its volume nerfed due to EU Regulations ?

Wondering if i can buy one or need to source a non-EU one.

Thanks

Yep the EU version has the volume limited even touch Sony are not required to do so so it depends on what you want to drive if it has power enough

Jan 13, 2016 at 7:32 PM Post #10,058 of 14,773
  Ted from headphonelounge makes pretty reasonably priced cables, he does actually make 3.5mm TRRS-terminated cables as well:

http://headphonelounge.com/in-ear-monitor-cables/

Ted is great.

Jan 13, 2016 at 9:09 PM Post #10,059 of 14,773
Oh wow... I discovered a new thing on Zx2 I guess ? "jet audio plus" and it AM3D brought out the trebles and clarity from Within Zx2. This even work better when you do not "disable the sound enhancement app from Sony". I just turned on DSEE HX and ooh wow. Even clear bass can be effectively using without distortion when using with Jet Audio and Am3D both on....Jeez, I don't even have words to describe this...

Just Jet Audio with AM3D on, both bass/trebles at 50/50
DSEE on
EQ off

This is so good, everything is still realistic and organic, details, clarity, through and through. I am getting the powerful punches, deep bass, impacts, clarity, soundstage, layering, detailed trebles yet smooth and textured that were missing before....it is all now playing out so awesome! I feel like a kid in a candy store now

***notice*** Battery will drain like...draining :D so beware
***Lag problem*** it will not happen if you either use it from internal storage or external micro SD. You can use both but it will take a long time to build up the library setting...etc. I do not experience any lags at all as some reported tha it is almost not usable.

Jan 13, 2016 at 9:23 PM Post #10,060 of 14,773
Oh wow... I discovered a new thing on Zx2 I guess ? "jet audio plus" and it AM3D brought out the trebles and clarity from Within Zx2. This even work better when you do not "disable the sound enhancement app from Sony". I just turned on DSEE HX and ooh wow. Even clear bass can be effectively using without distortion when using with Jet Audio and Am3D both on....Jeez, I don't even have words to describe this...

Just Jet Audio with AM3D on, both bass/trebles at 50/50
DSEE on
EQ off

This is so good, everything is still realistic and organic, details, clarity, through and through. I am getting the powerful punches, deep bass, impacts, clarity, soundstage, layering, detailed trebles yet smooth and textured that were missing before....it is all now playing out so awesome! I feel like a kid in a candy store now

***notice*** Battery will drain like...draining
biggrin.gif
so beware
***Lag problem*** it will not happen if you either use it from internal storage or external micro SD. You can use both but it will take a long time to build up the library setting...etc. I do not experience any lags at all as some reported tha it is almost not usable.

You're playing  music from stock player you just turned  DSEE HX  and AM3D on?

Jan 13, 2016 at 9:29 PM Post #10,061 of 14,773
You're playing  music from stock player you just turned  DSEE HX  and AM3D on?

No, i am using Jet audio app to play back with AM3D on and Siund adjustment app enabled with DSEE HX ticked. The Sound is on the next level. Try it and let us know. I said it is into the next level because I think this is the "perfect" combination of everything

Clarity
Separation
Soundstage, expansive, immersive
Thick tonal body, organic !
Clean, splashy trebles to the most minutes details (which were heavily lacking before on stock player app and Sound adjustment enabled....hence I disabled it...then came the 3rd party app with it disabled for this trebles clarity). Now it is here, cleaner, smoother, better with Jet audio paid version with AM3D and sound adjustment DSEE HX on.

It really brought out the best of Zx2 this time, and this time it is the end-game for Zx2. I do not think any other combinations of apps can offer such....

Utility it even allows balanced Left-Right control, folder browsing ....what else is missing ?

Jan 13, 2016 at 9:40 PM Post #10,062 of 14,773
No, i am using Jet audio app to play back with AM3D on and Siund adjustment app enabled with DSEE HX ticked. The Sound is on the next level. Try it and let us know

Yes the sound adjustment was enabled when i first tested it.Essentially you can have jet audio play with AM3D on and then access sony sound settings with clear bass on and HX on which makes a slight difference.Keep sound adjustment enabled,have clear bass at 1-2,X-Wide on plus,Z/Bass-Treble on AM3D it's  magic.

There is some distortion though on bad recordings,that's the problem with enabling many effects  simultaneously.

After further testing the X-Wide is doing the distortion,damn and i liked it.Everything else stays.

Clear Bass on 1-2(to compensate for lack of sub bass on Jet),DSEE HX On,Z/Bass-Treble on 50, depending on mood Z/Boost on,no surround or X-Wide.

Jan 14, 2016 at 3:20 AM Post #10,063 of 14,773
No, i am using Jet audio app to play back with AM3D on and Siund adjustment app enabled with DSEE HX ticked. The Sound is on the next level. Try it and let us know. I said it is into the next level because I think this is the "perfect" combination of everything

Clarity
Separation
Soundstage, expansive, immersive
Thick tonal body, organic !
Clean, splashy trebles to the most minutes details (which were heavily lacking before on stock player app and Sound adjustment enabled....hence I disabled it...then came the 3rd party app with it disabled for this trebles clarity). Now it is here, cleaner, smoother, better with Jet audio paid version with AM3D and sound adjustment DSEE HX on.

It really brought out the best of Zx2 this time, and this time it is the end-game for Zx2. I do not think any other combinations of apps can offer such....

Utility it even allows balanced Left-Right control, folder browsing ....what else is missing ?

can you try it with the sound adjustment app OFF ? 

is there any difference ?

Jan 14, 2016 at 4:24 AM Post #10,064 of 14,773
can you try it with the sound adjustment app OFF ? 

is there any difference ?

Yes, I originally did with sound adjustment off. The differences were that the music is drier (sub-bass is drier) with trebles being more sterile and a little harsher. Lots of clarity for sure. The bass outline of the sub-bass body was somewhat blurred.

The distortions could be caused by caruryn headphones or monitors and many effects running. I am trying all tracks that are intentionally running very deep bass and let distortions to seeks in, also deep bass without intentional distortions. Both are exactly what it should be. Tracks are 16/44.1 quality.

Also I did not enable too many effects. You could see the pictures above. I only run AM3D with bass/trebles to 50/50. Sound adjustment app enabled and DSEE HX ticked. I did not even adjust any EQ in it. Neither did I enable Jet audio own effects or boost anything in AM3D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back