SONY NW-ZX2
Oct 30, 2015 at 9:22 AM Post #8,581 of 14,773
Back on topic,i would really like to see a comparison of ZX2 (trrs)vs Questyle qp1r vs L5 pro based on sound alone.I guess stock ZX2 would lose after reading about the other two so it comes down to how much improvement trrs makes.If not for the kind of laughable fw problems that L5 pro has at the moment like entire albums vanishing i think for the price of $800 it would be unbeatable.

Oct 30, 2015 at 10:27 AM Post #8,582 of 14,773
i had a listen to both zx2 and qp1r. not side by side though, but quickly eliminated the qp1r for its wheel. you nedd to try it for yourself to see if you can bear with it. for iems that are not power hungry, if there are any improvement at all, i will rate it over qp1r. i am also considering the zx2 or l5 pro, i dont want to invest in the 3.5 trrs just to try that balance, so it would be impossible for me to try out that balanced zx2.

Oct 30, 2015 at 10:32 AM Post #8,583 of 14,773
The differences between TRRS and TRS is minimum, one can say it's not worth investing in this, as I haven't heard the other player, I think it's personal taste and what you are after, as long as you are using IEM, majority of they should work fine with the ZX2, Sony does have the lead against the other players in battery life.

Oct 30, 2015 at 10:47 AM Post #8,584 of 14,773
The differences between TRRS and TRS is minimum, one can say it's not worth investing in this, as I haven't heard the other player, I think it's personal taste and what you are after, as long as you are using IEM, majority of they should work fine with the ZX2, Sony does have the lead against the other players in battery life.

It is very subjective though. To me, when it started approaching the diminishing return of quality music, any gains further than that is a huge improvements, as long as I hear the differences, then it is good enough.

The same as moving up from ak240 to ak380, is is worth 1500$ more ? Who knows ? To the one who can hear the improvements, it will be worth it, but to me it is not.

It is as simple as without TRRS I can never get this good sound scape and sound stage from the ZX2, while paying for almost 1000$ for the player, and don't use it to it fullest extends will be a very bad investments....just like hiring an employee asked him to be presenting for 9 hours with 8 hours works and 1 hours lunch break....then tell him, how about I give you 10 minutes extra break per every hours ?

The one thing I really hate about TRRS is because it takes a long time to purchase one.....and it is a bitch to get good cables and not being ripped off.

Porridge, seeing you are from Hongkong, you should have no problem buying quality copper and silver hifi cables there, and have the guys to custom solder it on within the hour for a good price. It is a no brainier the way I see it

Oct 30, 2015 at 10:52 AM Post #8,585 of 14,773

It is very subjective though. To me, when it started approaching the diminishing return of quality music, any gains further than that is a huge improvements, as long as I hear the differences, then it is good enough.

The same as moving up from ak240 to ak380, is is worth 1500$ more ? Who knows ? To the one who can hear the improvements, it will be worth it, but to me it is not.

It is as simple as without TRRS I can never get this good sound scape and sound stage from the ZX2, while paying for almost 1000$ for the player, and don't use it to it fullest extends will be a very bad investments....just like hiring an employee asked him to be presenting for 9 hours with 8 hours works and 1 hours lunch break....then tell him, how about I give you 10 minutes extra break per every hours ?

The one thing I really hate about TRRS is because it takes a long time to purchase one.....and it is a bitch to get good cables and not being ripped off.

Another thing about TRRS, it's a custom cable, you will never know what it will sound like, even if the cable is made from premium material, it could be a improvement or make the SQ worse.

Oct 30, 2015 at 10:58 AM Post #8,586 of 14,773
Another thing about TRRS, it's a custom cable, you will never know what it will sound like, even if the cable is made from premium material, it could be a improvement or make the SQ worse.

I hear the differences :D and to me it is an improvements , so does for others who do. I also hear the differences in cables materials. :D. I have played around enough with them to be able to confirm it. I love silver cables, be it solid, stranded....doesn't matter about purity as long as it is more than 4N, best in my opinion alone :D

Oct 30, 2015 at 11:07 AM Post #8,587 of 14,773

I hear the differences
biggrin.gif
and to me it is an improvements , so does for others who do. I also hear the differences in cables materials.
biggrin.gif
. I have played around enough with them to be able to confirm it. I love silver cables, be it solid, stranded....doesn't matter about purity as long as it is more than 4N, best in my opinion alone
biggrin.gif

Like you say it's subjective.

I have  few cables purchased individually made for the Sony EX1000, using it on the EX600, there is a great improvement, but using the same cable on the EX800, it sound worse.

So it's personal taste.
tongue.gif

Oct 30, 2015 at 11:14 AM Post #8,588 of 14,773
With sensetive phones there is some noise when no music is playing and the screen is on

With TRRS that is reduced significantly.. I have westone ES5 which are very sensitive CIEMS and they had some noise ( very negligible) with TRS cable and now with TRRS there is inky blackness 

Oct 30, 2015 at 11:37 AM Post #8,589 of 14,773
With TRRS that is reduced significantly.. I have westone ES5 which are very sensitive CIEMS and they had some noise ( very negligible) with TRS cable and now with TRRS there is inky blackness 

Mine are JH13. I'll know the difference when my cable has been reterminated to trrs, still waiting for the plugs

Oct 30, 2015 at 11:41 AM Post #8,590 of 14,773

Mine are JH13. I'll know the difference when my cable has been reterminated to trrs, still waiting for the plugs

I got a few TRRS plug, still deciding if I want to reterminate the cable.

Oct 30, 2015 at 11:44 AM Post #8,591 of 14,773
if i get a cable that is TRRS , do i need also a TRRS plug or i simply plug them to my ZX2 and they are good to go ?

Oct 30, 2015 at 11:46 AM Post #8,592 of 14,773
  if i get a cable that is TRRS , do i need also a TRRS plug or i simply plug them to my ZX2 and they are good to go ?

Yes you do need a TRRS plug, 4 full length cable 2 to each ear piece, with all 4 direct to the plug.

Oct 30, 2015 at 11:48 AM Post #8,593 of 14,773

Yes you do need a TRRS plug, 4 full length cable 2 to each ear piece, with all 4 direct to the plug.

since all this is greek
tongue.gif
 to me , is there a link for something chep yet reliable ?

also , can i use the TRRS cable as a normal silver cable , if i don't have this TRRS plug ?

thank you all

Oct 30, 2015 at 11:50 AM Post #8,594 of 14,773

since all this is greek
tongue.gif

also , can i use the TRRS cable as a normal silver cable , if i don't have this TRRS plug ?

thank you all

cable or plug

Oct 30, 2015 at 11:51 AM Post #8,595 of 14,773

since all this is greek
tongue.gif

thank you all

cable or plug

Yes you can solder both L R ground cable to one location on the plug

Users who are viewing this thread

Back