SONY NW-ZX2
Oct 29, 2015 at 11:32 AM Post #8,537 of 14,773
http://www.head-fi.org/t/742609/sony-nw-zx2-hi-end-dap/8295#post_12001421

oh, i remembered that. and i said "if you are talking about android system level by going under system settings > apps > force stop and disable. then no, cause the unit was password locked."

i do not know if there could be a place i can find a machine that allows me to disable it. but i will definitely put it back on my to-do list though. i mean to try it out.

Oct 29, 2015 at 11:54 AM Post #8,538 of 14,773
oh, i remembered that. and i said "if you are talking about android system level by going under system settings > apps > force stop and disable. then no, cause the unit was password locked."

i do not know if there could be a place i can find a machine that allows me to disable it. but i will definitely put it back on my to-do list though. i mean to try it out.

Yeah, by all mean do try it out. Beside, if you choose to use the sound adjustment app, I do think the best would be DSEE HX together with surround studio :wink: just what stated in that post

Oct 29, 2015 at 12:01 PM Post #8,539 of 14,773
Yeah, by all mean do try it out. Beside, if you choose to use the sound adjustment app, I do think the best would be DSEE HX together with surround studio
wink.gif
just what stated in that post

I use my setup as per how the ZX2 arrived in. With the Sound adjustment app still active, but every enhance turned off. I feel that DSEE and Surround sound changes how the audio is intended to be delivered. The only time I play with enhance is either EQ or those offered by Cowon.

Oct 29, 2015 at 12:10 PM Post #8,540 of 14,773
I use my setup as per how the ZX2 arrived in. With the Sound adjustment app still active, but every enhance turned off. I feel that DSEE and Surround sound changes how the audio is intended to be delivered. The only time I play with enhance is either EQ or those offered by Cowon.

Yeah, I prefer the app disabled, and same as some others :D. It is also understandable how different preferences prefer different setup though. I personally love the pure sound so I have to disable it.

Oct 29, 2015 at 12:11 PM Post #8,541 of 14,773

insert the password then.

Oct 29, 2015 at 12:13 PM Post #8,542 of 14,773
first thing i do in the morning after turning my ZX2 on, is disabling the 'sound enhancements' app
last thing i do at night before turning my ZX2 off , is enabling the 'sound enhancements' app

even if the sound is the same (although i don't think so) , i like seeing my vol level at 25-30%

people should try it out and decide for themselves , sound is something completely subjective in the end 
wink.gif

Oct 29, 2015 at 12:22 PM Post #8,543 of 14,773

what if where he go it from set a random password he doesn't know at all?, My cellphone carrier does that with certain apps, they set a password so you cannot diable them

Oct 29, 2015 at 12:23 PM Post #8,544 of 14,773
  first thing i do in the morning after turning my ZX2 on, is disabling the 'sound enhancements' app
last thing i do at night before turning my ZX2 off , is enabling the 'sound enhancements' app

even if the sound is the same (although i don't think so) , i like seeing my vol level at 25-30%

people should try it out and decide for themselves , sound is something completely subjective in the end 
wink.gif

great practice. i used to count how many clicks of the volume + button to get the exact same volume previously used. kind of OCD like.

Oct 29, 2015 at 12:25 PM Post #8,545 of 14,773

what if where he go it from set a random password he doesn't know at all?, My cellphone carrier does that with certain apps, they set a password so you cannot diable them

i asked and the store sales person did not even know about it being password locked. well, as a demo unit in sony store, i think it is pretty reasonable to always enable it just to show how good the enhancement settings are.

Oct 29, 2015 at 12:27 PM Post #8,546 of 14,773

The password it set for access to settings, I don't think any carrier does that, either he set it, and forgot it, or the unit does not belong to him/or he got it from someone who insert the PW without clearing it, or the unit is a test/display unit.

A hard reset should clear the unit to the original setting.

Oct 29, 2015 at 12:28 PM Post #8,547 of 14,773

great practice. i used to count how many clicks of the volume + button to get the exact same volume previously used. kind of OCD like.

it's not OCD , just practicality

if you shut down ZX2 , when you turn it back on the sound gimmicks go to work again even if  the app is disabled

so if you enable the soundapp just before turning it off , when reopening it next day you just disable the app and you are back to pure non-apps ZX2 sound

seems like a hassle , but it's just an extra 30''/5 taps more

Oct 29, 2015 at 12:29 PM Post #8,548 of 14,773

i asked and the store sales person did not even know about it being password locked. well, as a demo unit in sony store, i think it is pretty reasonable to always enable it just to show how good the enhancement settings are.

That's the reason, store demo unit, I wonder how that got out of the store.

Oct 29, 2015 at 12:29 PM Post #8,549 of 14,773

What i ended doing with my Xperia m2 LOL, erase everything, apps, songs everything and then reloaded the apps from the google playstore...

Oct 29, 2015 at 12:31 PM Post #8,550 of 14,773

What i ended doing with my Xperia m2 LOL, erase everything, apps, songs everything and then reloaded the apps from the google playstore...

apparently the hard master reset is not the same as a xperia, it took me along time to get it done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back