SONY NW-ZX2
Sep 19, 2015 at 4:53 AM Post #7,832 of 14,773
Haha, that didn't take long
wink.gif

Yeah,sitting at the office,sunny outside,one eye at the hot chicks on the street the other on headfi,great life
beerchug.gif

Sep 19, 2015 at 4:57 AM Post #7,834 of 14,773
  Yeah,sitting at the office,sunny outside,one eye at the hot chicks on the street the other on headfi,great life
beerchug.gif

hot chicks are overrated , music is a much better (and lasting) drug/high

on the ZX2 topic , i am starting to save up money for the Rhapsodio Solar , as it looks like an improved K10 with a much cheaper price

the hype train never was my thing , i prefer to take the bang-for-buck spaceship 
wink.gif

Sep 19, 2015 at 5:25 AM Post #7,835 of 14,773
Plenty of them in Greece. I'm just watching my neighbour hanging her washing out. To keep it on topic, I'm also messing with the ZX2's settings.

Airplane mode on,display brightness 10-20% for battery,sound adjustment,settings on main screen for shortcut(touch the said circle and drag it across screen),everything else off including DSEE HX.The only setting worth messing is clear bass at 1,2 very very good implementation depending on genre.

Sep 19, 2015 at 5:34 AM Post #7,836 of 14,773
  Airplane mode on,display brightness 10-20% for battery,sound adjustment,settings on main screen for shortcut(touch the said circle and drag it across screen),everything else off including DSEE HX.The only setting worth messing is clear bass at 1,2 very very good implementation depending on genre.

where is the bass settings found ? 

also , i love how much the battery keeps , i still remember having to charge my dx90 every 3-4 hours 

Sep 19, 2015 at 6:04 AM Post #7,838 of 14,773
Talk about ignorance here:rolleyes: .Do you have the ie800?The ibasso at high gain at 190 vol drives se846 no problem.The ie800 needs vol 215-220.I find it funny that guys who don't have the said gear question the guys who do.

IE800 must be one monster if it requires more power to drive than an orthodynamic like HE-500

Sep 19, 2015 at 6:05 AM Post #7,839 of 14,773
So how come it can't drive the ie800? :wink:

What do you think of the sound?

Driving HE-500 is not optimal but perfectly enjoyable

Sep 19, 2015 at 6:13 AM Post #7,840 of 14,773
IE800 must be one monster if it requires more power to drive than an orthodynamic like HE-500

I think sennheiser took a page from the headfone counterpart but lets be honest here the eu ZX2 amp  is really restricted by regulations here.The 20% difference you see on Duncan's picture is not very indicative if jp/us version has a much bigger vol  increase + with each stepping than european version.

Conext said he listens to his ZX2+ie800 at 60-70%,anything more and its too loud.From that and based on previous picture of 20% we can extrapolate that after a certain point the vol increase  could well be 2xtimes for the japan ver.since it's not hamstring by eula.

Sep 19, 2015 at 7:03 AM Post #7,841 of 14,773
Of course, all these discussions are pointless as no one knows outside of their own head what they deem as either too loud or not loud enough...

We are all wired differently, and even different emotional states can influence the volume level we either need or tolerate.

Judging by CanJam a few weeks back, there are a helluva lot of people that listen to their music at way higher than the 115db limit that the EU set as the benchmark for restrictions (which as a matter of interest is why equipment sold without earphones should not be limited as it is an unknown quantity as to what will be used, and could be a lot less, or more - powerful than that 115db limit offers) - with the non head fi thoughts that you'd always use the bundled accessories.

Sep 19, 2015 at 7:12 AM Post #7,842 of 14,773
Of course, all these discussions are pointless as no one knows outside of their own head what they deem as either too loud or not loud enough...

We are all wired differently, and even different emotional states can influence the volume level we either need or tolerate.

This, exactly. I became fully convinced of this during a private listening session of the HE-1000 in Beijing (before they were launched). Several audio enthusiasts took turns listening to the HE-1000 on the demo rig, nothing unusual and finally one guy took his turn. He turned it up so loud, they sounded like speakers, you could literally hear the music playing from across the room >.<

Sep 19, 2015 at 7:37 AM Post #7,844 of 14,773
Well,we youngins like to listen a little bit louder.Just a little though:p

Lol, I thought older folks want it louder...hearing degradation ? Anyways, sound quality, droid interface, battery life, you can not go wrong with ZX2 (Japan version if you can) I have been driving MDR SA3000/5000 with it all week long including Z7.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back