SONY NW-ZX2
Sep 17, 2015 at 8:30 AM Post #7,786 of 14,773
http://www.head-fi.org/t/742609/sony-nw-zx2-hi-end-dap/7395
Been done.All respect to new members or posters on the thread,but it would be good to read the thread so as to avoid recycling same things over and over.

Sep 17, 2015 at 8:59 AM Post #7,787 of 14,773
Sep 17, 2015 at 9:07 AM Post #7,788 of 14,773
Agreed,but when taking a stance like my Zx2 can drive se846(of course it can,its the easiest to drive iem)disregarding previous last page post where i talk about amazon uk reviews and the 1-5 stars then at least see what i'm talking about.Personally when going to debate i would read as much as i can of the thread,gain knowledge at least for the benefit of the guests  who read and don't want to read same things again and again.The whole Eula debate was just 20-30 pages back not exactly reading a novel but of course thats just me.

Sep 17, 2015 at 9:49 AM Post #7,789 of 14,773
While i was researching about the volume problem,

I found on the Sony Japanese website the firmware update of 1.01 as an exe or dmg, since it is not the original firmware only an update, i doubt it could be used or even could be helpful.

I am not posting any links here to avoid confusion, but anyone who might think that this could be of any help for him to find a solution and is knowledgeable enough to be playing around this area without bricking his device or at least willing to take the risk and responsibility, he could pm me for the link.

i will post it also on xda may be someone could help.

also, i don't want to give any false hope, so don't raise em up.

Sep 17, 2015 at 10:42 AM Post #7,790 of 14,773
Agreed,but when taking a stance like my Zx2 can drive se846(of course it can,its the easiest to drive iem)disregarding previous last page post where i talk about amazon uk reviews and the 1-5 stars then at least see what i'm talking about.Personally when going to debate i would read as much as i can of the thread,gain knowledge at least for the benefit of the guests  who read and don't want to read same things again and again.The whole Eula debate was just 20-30 pages back not exactly reading a novel but of course thats just me.

When I had my ZX2, it can barely drive my IE800.. I had to crank to max all the time :frowning2:

Sep 17, 2015 at 10:49 AM Post #7,791 of 14,773
When I had my ZX2, it can barely drive my IE800.. I had to crank to max all the time
frown.gif

Yes,you,me and many others.I am not talking out of my @@ here.Frankly if it weren't for the se846 i would already put it for sale,or start changing headfone after headfone like a poster on amazon uk did,lol that's what i call dedication for Sony.

Sep 17, 2015 at 1:17 PM Post #7,792 of 14,773
When I had my ZX2, it can barely drive my IE800.. I had to crank to max all the time
frown.gif

ι said it to Caruryn who is a friend of mine , you should try out K3003 , for 550$ you get an iem that sounds as good (or better) than IE800 nd without any volume issues 

although to be honest , as my ZX2 slowly begins to woo me , the voices are coming back 

''start saving for an even better iem than K3003'' 
tongue.gif

it is too early to say something final , but i think dx90 will be going soon to the FS threads , to start my funding for new TOTL iems 

Sep 17, 2015 at 1:41 PM Post #7,795 of 14,773
ι said it to Caruryn
who is a friend of mine , you should try out K3003 , for 550$ you get an iem that sounds as good (or better) than IE800 nd without any volume issues 

although to be honest , as my ZX2 slowly begins to woo me , the voices are coming back 

''start saving for an even better iem than K3003'' :p  

it is too early to say something final , but i think dx90 will be going soon to the FS threads , to start my funding for new TOTL iems 

No offence but I do not like the k3003.. With that harsh treble, you will go deaf in a yr.. Ie800 sounds 10x better to me..

Sep 17, 2015 at 1:42 PM Post #7,796 of 14,773
So can the ZX2.

I dread to think at what volume some people listen at.

Let's also forget that it is nominal difference between the two versions, not a gaping chasm as some people are inferring.

Sep 17, 2015 at 1:53 PM Post #7,797 of 14,773
No offence but I do not like the k3003.. With that harsh treble, you will go deaf in a yr.. Ie800 sounds 10x better to me..

none taken

btw, no offence but you probably listen to ****ty-mastered music or you have very sensitive ears (which are both unfortunate events)

the k3003 treble is a thing of beauty with my exquisitely mastered 70s-90s vinyl rips of artists from Pink Floyd to miles davis to Steely dan to Marvin gaye (the list goes on and on and on)

as for the 10x better part , i am glad you feel that way , although you are in the small minority ofall people who owned both k3 and ie800 
biggrin.gif

Sep 17, 2015 at 2:20 PM Post #7,798 of 14,773
The ie800 and eu ZX2 is moderately loud at best at 100%,assuming the recording is mastered at sufficient volume.I've said it before but some people like to play dumb for reasons of their own.The point here is to avert people who don't know about the pathetically insufficient volume output of eu ZX2 with one of the most known universals.I already had 2 people pm me about that so i told them to look elsewhere since one had already the dap and the other the iem.Everything else is misinformation i am sorry to say.

Sep 17, 2015 at 6:09 PM Post #7,799 of 14,773
all you ZX2 veterans , help out a newbie owner here

i installed my SAMSUNG SD CARD and i transferred some files

after removing from my laptop and updating the database , the zx2 does not 'see' the sd card ,only sees the music folders in the zx2 

why is this happening ? should i do something (refresh card) in settings ?

thanx for the upcoming help and suggestions 
biggrin.gif

Sep 17, 2015 at 6:13 PM Post #7,800 of 14,773
all you ZX2 veterans , help out a newbie owner here

i installed my SAMSUNG SD CARD and i transferred some files

after removing from my laptop and updating the database , the zx2 does not 'see' the sd card ,only sees the music folders in the zx2 

why is this happening ? should i do something (refresh card) in settings ?

thanx for the upcoming help and suggestions :D  

I read earlier that music has to be in a music folder and not directly in the root

Users who are viewing this thread

Back