SONY NW-ZX2
Sep 8, 2015 at 9:19 PM Post #7,591 of 14,773
ZX2's at 720-740eur at the moment here in Turkey. Sadly with the current politico-social turmoil, I can imagine it going to 6xx.
@hykhleif  did you get it in the end? I'm curious if it's a Japan unit or European one. I'll try to head to a Sony Center here in Istanbul and see if I can play with a demo and compare to my own japanese zx2.

Hah, wouldn't it be nice to scoop a ZX100 for super cheap from here uh ^^

Sep 8, 2015 at 10:28 PM Post #7,592 of 14,773
hi cagin,

i saw your profile and you have the omegas and zx2. i also own the two and was wondering if do you find your omegas in good combination with the zx2? i still havent terminated my cable to TRRS, but i already requested my audio store to terminate it so i will be waiting for it not longer than 2 weeks.

Sep 8, 2015 at 11:08 PM Post #7,593 of 14,773

It happened to me once when I was using poweramp player..since switching to stock player the problem seems to have vanished. I also unistalled poweramp. I exclusively use buttons as I am having playlist user and turn screen off. So do u have 3rd party players installed.. Maybe that is not playing nice.. Just my 2 cents

Pc

Sep 8, 2015 at 11:35 PM Post #7,594 of 14,773
Hope I'm ok asking a couple of questions here regarding the ZX2? 

I've had it for a few months now and really like it. Definitely think it's value for money. However, there are a few things that I can't work out and I'm not hearing back from Sony customer service or getting any replies on their forums. So maybe someone here may be able to help?

1. Is there anyway of recording the play count of songs from the ZX2? I know that when I play music on my laptop through the media player, it records the playcount. However, there doesn't appear to be any such record when I listen to the ZX2 on the move?

2. If there is a way of doing this, then is there a way of doing a 'Top 25 Most Played' tracklist? I know it's childish, but it was one of the features I loved about my old ipod.

3. The buttons along the side of the player, seem to work sporadically and I can't work out whether there is an issue with my player, or whether there is a glitch in the software? Has anyone else had this issue? It does work, but sometimes it will work fine for hours on end, other times, after 10-15 minutes the side buttons won't respond and I have to turn the screen on to move through tracks/albums?

Thanks in advance.

I think there may be an issue with your unit regarding the side buttons as I do not face such an issue using it almost 5 months now.

Sep 9, 2015 at 3:14 AM Post #7,596 of 14,773
  Skip both and just go for the Angie =)

Haven't touched my IE800 and SE846 since the day I received them.

i really want this iem to go with my zx2.....

Sep 9, 2015 at 3:28 AM Post #7,597 of 14,773

What did they say when you let them know? I've dropped them a message via their website and using the online contact form and haven't heard back.

I have Japanese unit, and have no issues with the hardware buttons, I've have my unit for about 3months now.

Sep 9, 2015 at 4:30 AM Post #7,598 of 14,773

What did they say when you let them know? I've dropped them a message via their website and using the online contact form and haven't heard back.

I have Japanese unit, and have no issues with the hardware buttons, I've have my unit for about 3months now.

Samething here, and it had been 8 months :)

Sep 9, 2015 at 5:34 AM Post #7,600 of 14,773
do you have the eu version of the zx-2?
I do, and I have the Layla's, yes, other DAPs go louder, but that is true when compared to the JPN version also...

Yes, I did confirm there is a volume difference between the players from the two markets, but it isn't like one is inaudible compared to the other, if you find that, then you have more of a problem with your ears than you do the players!

Layla at full volume on EU ZX2 is to most mortals more than adequate, the JPN version at full volume is in all practicality too loud...

Don't forget that you don't neccesarily use all of the power on offer, depends on the impedance of your phones...

Sep 9, 2015 at 5:42 AM Post #7,601 of 14,773
I do, and I have the Layla's, yes, other DAPs go louder, but that is true when compared to the JPN version also...

Yes, I did confirm there is a volume difference between the players from the two markets, but it isn't like one is inaudible compared to the other, if you find that, then you have more of a problem with your ears than you do the players!

Layla at full volume on EU ZX2 is to most mortals more than adequate, the JPN version at full volume is in all practicality too loud...

Don't forget that you don't neccesarily use all of the power on offer, depends on the impedance of your phones...

yeah so basically it will run most high end IEM's pretty easily right? sorry I do not have that much experience at all with IEM's, I guess the IE800 is a little harder to drive than most other high end ones?

Sep 9, 2015 at 5:46 AM Post #7,602 of 14,773
  yeah so basically it will run most high end IEM's pretty easily right? sorry I do not have that much experience at all with IEM's, I guess the IE800 is a little harder to drive than most other high end ones?

why not go for the K3003 ?

great iem, as good (if not better) as ie800 , and a zx2 user said that the synergy was great between K3003 and zx2 (since its bright balanced signature bodes well with the warmish zx2)

there are some FS here around the 500$ , a great price imho

Walter White would have bought Jessie one.

Sep 9, 2015 at 6:00 AM Post #7,603 of 14,773

why not go for the K3003 ?

great iem, as good (if not better) as ie800 , and a zx2 user said that the synergy was great between K3003 and zx2 (since its bright balanced signature bodes well with the warmish zx2)

there are some FS here around the 500$ , a great price imho

Walter White would have bought Jessie one.

I will look into them, thank you
biggrin.gif
 and yes ofcourse the Jessie one would be an instant purchase!

Sep 9, 2015 at 6:05 AM Post #7,604 of 14,773
  I will look into them, thank you
biggrin.gif
 and yes ofcourse the Jessie one would be an instant purchase!

Walter Jr is still too young to appreciate them 
tongue.gif

Sep 9, 2015 at 11:45 AM Post #7,605 of 14,773

Sony is like a magical black hole.... nothing.

I do also have Pandora and other streaming apps for music from various sources, yet this non-responsive buttons happens when using the Sony stock music player with music files on the player's memory, screen off for 10+ minutes... It might have to do with a 3rd party app somehow yet I'm not that annoyed by it all to get upset. The incredibly long battery life and sound quality keeps me a happy camper plus as it is based on the Android OS it means I can use many more things with it than non-Android-based units. The Sony is still my go-to for very early morning computer coding music player duties.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back