SONY NW-ZX2
Aug 13, 2015 at 11:03 AM Post #6,961 of 14,755
Ooh, I want the mini plug!!

WM-Port isn't pocket fluff friendly

Me too! Those plugs look great! Do they sell the plugs separately or does anyone know where we can buy them? Thx as ALL help is ALWAYS appreciated.

As for the expen$ive Sony MicroSD card, am guessing it might have extra shielding. SSDs do give off some electricals so am guessing better shielding. I can hear one of my 2.5" SSD when its crunching data, so something is indeed going on. Now as for if shielding (or whatever) card would sound better.....   your guess is as good as mine as never tried it. The 128GB SanDisk works and sounds fine to me.

Aug 13, 2015 at 11:28 AM Post #6,962 of 14,755

Me too! Those plugs look great! Do they sell the plugs separately or does anyone know where we can buy them? Thx as ALL help is ALWAYS appreciated.

As for the expen$ive Sony MicroSD card, am guessing it might have extra shielding. SSDs do give off some electricals so am guessing better shielding. I can hear one of my 2.5" SSD when its crunching data, so something is indeed going on. Now as for if shielding (or whatever) card would sound better.....   your guess is as good as mine as never tried it. The 128GB SanDisk works and sounds fine to me.

Yes, I know where they sell them online, but the cost is very expensive USD 10.7 + USD 8 shipping to USA, to hong kong if I buy them it's USD 3.22, with shipping its about USD 7 and I can also send more stuff, as the shipping cost covers upto a certain weight.

Aug 13, 2015 at 3:09 PM Post #6,963 of 14,755

Steve, how can you hear a solid state device making any noise. There is not such a thing inside that spins, it is just some integrated circuits operating as silent as silence can be.

Aug 13, 2015 at 3:36 PM Post #6,965 of 14,755
  electrical noise/interference ?

Graphics cards are prone to coils making noise at high frame rates. So maybe his graphics card was making the noise.

Aug 13, 2015 at 3:47 PM Post #6,966 of 14,755
Just brace yourself. It'll only get worse before it gets better.

Wait. I didn't mean that to sound bad...
wink.gif

how many hours of burn-in do you recommend?

Aug 14, 2015 at 7:00 AM Post #6,968 of 14,755
Just got my delivery waiting for me at work, after 2 days of delivery, should be 1 day, should of been here yesterday, but the delivery person gave some BS about could not reach me, probably got told off by his boss for his BS.

Better photo of the case, and the buttons work better than my previous case, including a new glass protector and new Hi res sticker.

White dust cap is use to show a better fit on the photo.

Aug 14, 2015 at 7:17 AM Post #6,969 of 14,755

I got it, let me know if you still want it, it will be a white one only.

Aug 14, 2015 at 7:23 AM Post #6,970 of 14,755
Hi,

i´m selling my ZX2, if any interest, shoot me a mail. I´ll put in on the FS/Trade-Forum later. Excellent condition, bought in May. Thanks.

Aug 14, 2015 at 10:20 AM Post #6,971 of 14,755
This cable that comes with the PHA3

Does anyone know if the metal pin on the top right has any function other than making a tight fit on the PHA3 ?

Reason I am asking is because I may cut the pin off and use the cable as transport cable for ZX2 to CDM

Thanks

Aug 14, 2015 at 10:25 AM Post #6,972 of 14,755
  This cable that comes with the PHA3

Does anyone know if the metal pin on the top right has any function other than making a tight fit on the PHA3 ?

Reason I am asking is because I may cut the pin off and use the cable as transport cable for ZX2 to CDM

Thanks

no physical use, just to fit into the hold, which only the PHA have.

Aug 14, 2015 at 10:34 AM Post #6,974 of 14,755
  Quote:

no physical use, just to fit into the hold, which only the PHA have.

Thanks if just for a tight fit and not some audio function ( grounding) ?

If its just for a tight fit I will get cutting
redface.gif

Why waste it, just buy a similar cable from ebay, it's just a wmport to micro USB.

Buying this original cable from Sony is very expensive.

Aug 14, 2015 at 10:36 AM Post #6,975 of 14,755
  Why waste it, just buy a similar cable from ebay, it's just a wmport to micro USB.

Buying this original cable from Sony is very expensive.

if you could help with a link please - as my searches are coming back empty - thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back