SONY NW-ZX2
May 16, 2015 at 9:44 PM Post #5,341 of 14,773
  So did you get from bic, , what was the cost.

27 days left be for my shopping starts in Tokyo.

Nah not yet, my sister's flight is today. I really wish I could be there myself. I spent the evening browsing/translating/making googlemap routes for her, and man, people in Tokyo have it real good for the abundance of products sold within a shop. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the multitude of photos e-earphone.jp have posted of their stores. It's insane. Huge shops. Racks filled with cans, shelves of amps and shelves of friggin cables! And their ciem oriented shop, oh my...

May 16, 2015 at 10:46 PM Post #5,342 of 14,773
Guys, Need some help here please. Simply cannot get the zx2 to output digital to my outboard ami ds5 or the sony pha-1 via the sony WMC-NWH10 cable. The zx2 is running on the latest update. do you think it could be a dead cable? Or is there something needs be done in the settings? Thanks

May 17, 2015 at 12:08 AM Post #5,343 of 14,773
Guys, Need some help here please. Simply cannot get the zx2 to output digital to my outboard ami ds5 or the sony pha-1 via the sony WMC-NWH10 cable. The zx2 is running on the latest update. do you think it could be a dead cable? Or is there something needs be done in the settings? Thanks

Please try lower bit rate files on the pha-1 or the pha-1 just doesn't support the zx2. Not all DACs work with the Sony digital out.

May 17, 2015 at 6:40 AM Post #5,344 of 14,773

After using the Joy Day Screen protector for a while its oliofobic surface is grand and prints don't stick, and it completes the tank like appearance and feel, and at least the screen has a second chance, when sh-t happens.

May 17, 2015 at 7:08 AM Post #5,345 of 14,773

Obvious things first. Have you tried rebooting zx2 when connected to your DAC. I always had problems with zx1 and Hugo. Also the order you turn zx2 and DAC on when connected may be worth investigating.

May 17, 2015 at 9:11 AM Post #5,346 of 14,773
Obvious things first. Have you tried rebooting zx2 when connected to your DAC. I always had problems with zx1 and Hugo. Also the order you turn zx2 and DAC on when connected may be worth investigating.

I had same problem until I figured you had to turn the Hugo on first, then power-up your Walkman, silly me for not reading the manual...
confused_face.gif

May 17, 2015 at 11:05 AM Post #5,347 of 14,773

Please try lower bit rate files on the pha-1 or the pha-1 just doesn't support the zx2. Not all DACs work with the Sony digital out.

Only my Schit Gugnir plays nice with the Sony. I can't make my Centrance m8 function with it without a software download and my Wadia 121 and NAD 356 DAC module don't work either. The Sony pha 3 is my mobile solution because it's just straightforward. Proprietary standards suck when you try to make things work together. I also thought my WMC NWH10 cable was bad at first. My favorite expression is " nothing is ever easy".....

May 17, 2015 at 8:08 PM Post #5,349 of 14,773
  I just saw the SONY NW-ZX1 on ebay for 600 Euro. I would seriously consider buying an ZX2 if it was 700 Euro or less.

Maybe next year the ZX2 will be the same price as the ZX1 is now ?

By then a ZX3 will be out
biggrin.gif

May 17, 2015 at 8:29 PM Post #5,350 of 14,773
  I just saw the SONY NW-ZX1 on ebay for 600 Euro. I would seriously consider buying an ZX2 if it was 700 Euro or less.

Maybe next year the ZX2 will be the same price as the ZX1 is now ?

It's never going to happen, Sony will just keep it at slightly reduced price from it's original released price, then pull them off the shelves once the ZX3 gets established.

May 17, 2015 at 8:54 PM Post #5,352 of 14,773

It's never going to happen, Sony will just keep it at slightly reduced price from it's original released price, then pull them off the shelves once the ZX3 gets established.

Is the ZX3 already in the pipeline ?

Not yet, if Sony continues with the dap in the market, it will probably be called ZX3, it's just a prediction that they will release it in the near future.

May 17, 2015 at 9:19 PM Post #5,354 of 14,773

Not yet, if Sony continues with the dap in the market, it will probably be called ZX3, it's just a prediction that they will release it in the near future.

I can't see how the ZX3 could be much better than the ZX2 ?

With what Sony has to offer from the ZX2, it does lack some functions and feature when compared to what others has to offer, and remember technology never stops.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back