SONY NW-ZX2
Mar 11, 2015 at 4:07 PM Post #2,761 of 14,773
^^$100 for a case?
frown.gif

Also that walkman charger is for older walkmans models has only 800mA vs 1500mA for those sold in Sony store (last year I believe before it closed here)

Yeah, I think your right, I'm going to try and cancel that order, thanks!

Mar 11, 2015 at 4:22 PM Post #2,764 of 14,773

All Sony claims aside, how much playing time are you currently getting at this point?  How does it compare to your previous DAP?

About 2/3rd claimed, but I also leave it on overnight (something you'd never do with the Astell&Kern) plus been playing with some Android apps too. It is much, much, MUCH better than the AK120 V1 or AK240 for battery life.

I can't seem to find the flip jacket online.  Got a link to the accessories you purchased?

Think MSRP is like $75, so the $25 hit (pus shipping) is what it is. I paid the $99 guy on eBay and he shipped it already. Also got the Sony WMC-NWH10 USB data cable so I can use the digital output to feed the new OPPO HA-2 and the iFi Audio Micro iDSD unit (it should output FLAC, DSD, etc digitally with this cable per OPPO and DSD guru David Robinson of Positive Feedback magazine). See www.oppodigital.com/KnowledgeBase.aspx?KBID=108&ProdID=HA-2

BTW, I think the case is made with Corinthian leather (showing my old age there).

Mar 11, 2015 at 4:29 PM Post #2,765 of 14,773
Also got the Sony WMC-NWH10 USB data cable so I can use the digital output to feed the new OPPO HA-2 and the iFi Audio Micro iDSD unit (it should output FLAC, DSD, etc digitally with this cable per OPPO and DSD guru David Robinson of Positive Feedback magazine). See www.oppodigital.com/KnowledgeBase.aspx?KBID=108&ProdID=HA-2

How is this pairing?  Is the HA-2 DAC an improvement from the ZX2?

Mar 11, 2015 at 5:05 PM Post #2,769 of 14,773
This hobby can get ridiculously expense fast, but if you got the green, you will be rewarded with glorious sound.

Well....not that expensive with portable gears....Home Stereos ? Hell yes....in my point of view, the expensiveness of portable audiophile gears are only comparable to those Auto modifications level :D

Have you seen the wheel with tire that cost $2000+ each ? Not to mention a Turbo...etc ..... Every grown up hobby is costly, and this is one of those on the low cost side of the scale.

Mar 11, 2015 at 5:36 PM Post #2,770 of 14,773
Well....not that expensive with portable gears....Home Stereos ? Hell yes....in my point of view, the expensiveness of portable audiophile gears are only comparable to those Auto modifications level
biggrin.gif

Have you seen the wheel with tire that cost $2000+ each ? Not to mention a Turbo...etc ..... Every grown up hobby is costly, and this is one of those on the low cost side of the scale.

I depends on how much money you make.

Mar 11, 2015 at 5:49 PM Post #2,771 of 14,773
  Can WMC-NWH10 cable be used for any external DACs ?

Yes as best i can tell. Will know more one it arrives, yet it should work.

Well....not that expensive with portable gears....Home Stereos ? Hell yes....in my point of view, the expensiveness of portable audiophile gears are only comparable to those Auto modifications level
biggrin.gif

Have you seen the wheel with tire that cost $2000+ each ? Not to mention a Turbo...etc ..... Every grown up hobby is costly, and

OMG, don't EVEN go there
wink_face.gif
  I tracked cars for years and raced in SCCA for two years in Formula 2000 (earned the Driver's Championship). You don't even want to know JUST the tire budget for a single season (and remember, you need many sets of slicks with you at all times, a set of intermediates and of course a set of full wets).

And if it isn't racing, let me tell you about the last service for my road car. It was a full engine out ordeal and needed some new uppers on the front suspension too... you know, while they are already 'in there'.  www.EnjoyTheTrack.com

Mar 11, 2015 at 5:57 PM Post #2,772 of 14,773
Yes as best i can tell. Will know more one it arrives, yet it sho..

OMG, don't EVEN go there :wink_face:   I tracked cars for years and raced in SCCA for two years in Formula 2000 (earned the Driver's Championship). You don't even want to know JUST the tire budget for a single season (and remember, you need many sets of slicks with you at all times, a set of intermediates and of course a set of full wets).

And if it isn't racing, let me tell you about the last service for my road car. It was a full engine out ordeal and needed some new uppers on the front suspension too... you know, while they are already 'in there'.  www.EnjoyTheTrack.com

All that doesn't matter as long as you. .......

Mar 11, 2015 at 5:59 PM Post #2,773 of 14,773
Yes as best i can tell. Will know more one it arrives, yet it should work.

OMG, don't EVEN go there :wink_face:   I tracked cars for years and raced in SCCA for two years in Formula 2000 (earned the Driver's Championship). You don't even want to know JUST the tire budget for a single season (and remember, you need many sets of slicks with you at all times, a set of intermediates and of course a set of full wets).

Holy snider :D Steve, you are awesome ! Lol

Here is a picture for the best possible jack to use with im04 and ZX2

Mar 11, 2015 at 6:00 PM Post #2,774 of 14,773
The ZX2 is a lot larger than the AK240, so that's where the longer battery life comes in. Yes, it does seem like the majority of users here would like a larger battery over footprint/portability anyways but just wanted to level out the playing field a bit. 

Also wanted to let AU guys out there know that Chatswood SYD is setting up the demo unit of the ZX2 today!! woooo... ugh just need to wait for burn in now... but cant wait to see what this gem sounds like.

Mar 11, 2015 at 6:10 PM Post #2,775 of 14,773
Holy snider
biggrin.gif
Steve, you are awesome ! Lol

Here is a picture for the best possible jack to use with im04 and ZX2

Umm.... LOL!  Ummm, no, haven't you guys figured out by now that i'm an adrenalin junkie. Problem is, it takes more and more to 'get there'. Whatever you do, DO NOT start racing. In the winter during driving 'simulation' you sit very closely in front of a nice roaring fireplace and have your wife throw money in it as she sprays race gas on your face. 
blink.gif
   Racing also cost me my first marriage too.

Sweeting looking cable you go there.

And in the end what REALLY matters is that you...

...grab life by the b-lls and squeeze every last drop of life out it.

And if life brings you a gift horse, put a saddle on 'er and ride 
tongue_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back