SONY NW-ZX2
Aug 28, 2016 at 4:12 PM Post #12,783 of 14,773
I would say that is the new standard for balanced audio, woohoo a new standard is born.... For a shiny golden DAP, that will only cost a tiny fortune.

I don't think this very clever IMO, doubling the price every model. Not many units will be sold. (Not at a proposed $2500.00 USD, price)IMO.

And I thought Sony had a different approach to this audio game, not one that is greedy and takes as much money as possible, in a fantasy priced audio game. With no real justification to this crazy pricing format. You can't dip a DAP in gold, and seriously think it's worth that much of a price increase. Even if it has balanced out written on it.

Aug 28, 2016 at 4:40 PM Post #12,784 of 14,773
I would say that is the new standard for balanced audio, woohoo a new standard is born.... For a shiny golden DAP, that will only cost a tiny fortune.

I don't think this very clever IMO, doubling the price every model. Not many units will be sold. (Not at a proposed $2500.00 USD, price)IMO.

And I thought Sony had a different approach to this audio game, not one that is greedy and takes as much money as possible, in a fantasy priced audio game. With no real justification to this crazy pricing format. You can't dip a DAP in gold, and seriously think it's worth that much of a price increase. Even if it has balanced out written on it.

Let's wait before getting excited, we do not know yet it's price, and also we do not know what technology will be inside to justify it's price.

I am more pissed-of by another new standard being imposed to us than by the price...  (may be because I just got some expensive DHC cable made for my headphones with the 2.5mm bal termination + a set of 3 adapters
wink.gif
 ) 

The "new standard" 4.4 mm connector is the one in the middle.

QUESTION : what is the point of having 5 poles ?  Isn't 4 enough for a bal. headphone ?? (R+  R-   L+   L- ) ? 
confused.gif

Aug 28, 2016 at 4:54 PM Post #12,785 of 14,773
Let's wait before getting excited, we do not know yet it's price, and also we do not know what technology will be inside to justify it's price.

I am more pissed-of by another new standard being imposed to us than by the price...  (may be because I just got some expensive DHC cable made for my headphones with the 2.5mm bal termination + a set of 3 adapters :wink:  ) 

[COLOR=A52A2A]QUESTION : what is the point of having 5 poles ?  Isn't 4 enough for a bal. headphone ?? (R+  R-   L+   L- ) ? [/COLOR]:confused:

Ground can be then used for proper shielding and drain

Aug 28, 2016 at 5:02 PM Post #12,787 of 14,773
Ground can be then used for proper shielding and drain

What for ?  Even the big XLR plugs for desktop headphones are only 4 pins ! 

Aug 28, 2016 at 7:40 PM Post #12,790 of 14,773
JEITA guy says you need GND between DAP and Amp, but it's useful because you can use same plug for balanced and unbalanced.
it's Japanese article but it's all in there.
http://www.phileweb.com/interview/article/201604/25/364_3.html
yup, And that is one of the reasons why I'm looking forward to this new standard. 1 unique jack for balanced and unbalanced. More room for stronger soldering points is another.

And also note in the video of 2014, the manufacturer is still under wraps but in recent article it's revealed and that the mass production capacity was supposed to be reached in July August. Big Sony corp about to release the new flagship at the beginning of September at IFA.
I sure wish I was a fly on the wall there next week ^^

Aug 28, 2016 at 7:50 PM Post #12,792 of 14,773
No it's not :)
"ZX3" releasing with 2 headphone outputs, 4.4mm and 3.5mm for "legacy" compatibility. Time will tell if "ZX4" will come out with just a 4.4mm alone, would mean mission accomplished for Sony on establishing the new audio standard.

Aug 28, 2016 at 8:14 PM Post #12,794 of 14,773

I am more pissed-of by another new standard being imposed to us than by the price...  (may be because I just got some expensive DHC cable made for my headphones with the 2.5mm bal termination + a set of 3 adapters :wink:  ) 

[COLOR=A52A2A]QUESTION : what is the point of having 5 poles ?  Isn't 4 enough for a bal. headphone ?? (R+  R-   L+   L- ) ? [/COLOR]:confused:

My reasoning behind the extra pin on the plug would be, you now can run some digital information to run a screen on the extension/or run the play controls for an external remote/ or a mic for handsfree command control....

We should be able to buy these new 4.4mm plugs soon. I thing they look good, nice and durable, I like the look of them.
You will only need another pig tail for your cable.

Aug 28, 2016 at 9:51 PM Post #12,795 of 14,773
I want. That's all I know. I just bought 2 new daps, my timing couldn't be worse. Fortunately, Amazon... That cost me $1400, both going back and I'm getting this... Even if it's not Android, which will kill me.

I've been waiting since last year when my zx2 was stolen... Long wait.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back