SONY NW-ZX2
Jun 5, 2015 at 2:54 PM Post #5,762 of 14,772
Does the ZX2 have some sort of authentication software that determines whether a flac file is pirated or not?  From a comment:

"Tell you what, Sony. When you let me transfer ALL of my music from my old Sony Walkman onto my new Sony Walkman, and not give me a bunch of BS about how it's not a legitimate song because you can't find the licensing rights for it, even though it worked perfectly well on my old one, I' ;ll consider buying it. "

Jun 5, 2015 at 3:32 PM Post #5,766 of 14,772
  Does the ZX2 have some sort of authentication software that determines whether a flac file is pirated or not?  From a comment:

"Tell you what, Sony. When you let me transfer ALL of my music from my old Sony Walkman onto my new Sony Walkman, and not give me a bunch of BS about how it's not a legitimate song because you can't find the licensing rights for it, even though it worked perfectly well on my old one, I' ;ll consider buying it. "

Example:
There are a couple of DRM schemes that stopped existing, like PlayForSure (sic)... so if you have some of that music that played fine with an old device, well.... you better follow the news and burn it to CD while you still can...

I wouldn't blame that on Sony who did support playforsure once....but no new player supports it anymore.

Cheers,
K

Jun 5, 2015 at 3:33 PM Post #5,767 of 14,772

Example:
There are a couple of DRM schemes that stopped existing, like PlayForSure (sic)... so if you have some of that music that played fine with an old device, well.... you better follow the news and burn it to CD while you still can...

I wouldn't blame that on Sony who did support playforsure once....but no new player supports it anymore.

Cheers,
K

As long as it doesn't effect Flac, I don't care.

Jun 5, 2015 at 3:35 PM Post #5,768 of 14,772
Jun 5, 2015 at 4:35 PM Post #5,770 of 14,772
Can somone please recap the differences between the domestic, Japanese and global version?  Warranty, internals, etc...

Thanks

Jun 5, 2015 at 7:07 PM Post #5,771 of 14,772
So my zx2 showed up today.  So far so good.  I set up iTunes libraries for internal and external storage and am transferring files as I write.  I have listened briefly and like what I hear.  I even hooked it up successfully to my chord hugo and that sounded great too.  Even managed to get Tidal working.  So far so good.  Even most of my album art has shown up!

Jun 5, 2015 at 8:42 PM Post #5,773 of 14,772
So what do people here think of the PHA-3? Just waiting for my ZX2 to arrive so I can start listening to 'em, curious if I made the right choice with the PHA-3.

Briefly, I love the PHA-3, and it sounds gorgeous, especially in balanced mode, from the NW-ZX2.

Having said that, I am continually amazed at how good the NW-ZX2 sounds all by itself.

Jun 5, 2015 at 9:45 PM Post #5,775 of 14,772
Originally ordered my zx2 from Sony Canada then I got a refund after being told they won't have any in stock until early July at the minimum. Luckily I found a store in Toronto that had it in stock and picked it up today. My early impression is that it is definitely better than my old zx1 but I'm not astounded by the sound by any means. Will be interesting to see whether my opinion changes once I put some hours into it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back