1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

SONY NW-ZX2 DAP

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by leylandi, Nov 16, 2014.
First

Back
955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964
  1. BanC
    I also think that it's not a placebo. I have a few cables of mine re-terminated as 3.5 TRRS. The improvement in sound quality is very surprising, although we need to keep in mind that this could also be due to the quality of new plugs (I use Oyaide rhodium 3.5 TRRS plug). Instrument separation becomes a lot better. Imaging also improves. Specifically it becomes deeper but not wider (which is a huge different effect from 2.5 balance as 2.5 balance tends to improves soundstage width). I would say that overall the improvement is very rewarding. The only issue that marks a major difference from typical 2.5 balance and 4.4 balance is the absence of improvement in driving power.

proedros likes this.
  2. kms108
    I also have a sony 7N cable with a pentaconn brand 3.5 TRRS plug.

Definitely a improvements over the normal 3.5mm.

3. BanC
    I would even go farther to say that I prefer the effects of ZX2 TRRS over the effects of 2.5 balance on my Onkyo Granbeat as well as 2.5 balance output in general. 2.5 balance tends to increase soundstage and cause notes to be thinner. This leads to sound that has less focus.

4. Satchamoose

Can anyone tell me whether there is anyone in the US who can replace the battery? Thanks.

5. kms108
    Sony.

6. BanC
    Have you tried to contact Sony US?

7. Satchamoose
    I can't find any Sony website, phone number, or email address that deals with the ZX-2 anymore. If you know of any, I'd appreciate it.

8. BanC
    No. I don't. I actually don't live in the US. But I would assume that if you call to Sony's call center they should be able to take care of it?

9. BanC
    I found the phone number for in-warranty repair (link). I think if you call them you could ask information about services beyond warranty.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2019
  10. studiorat67
    I have a question, for you folks,
    allow me to preface it with this:
    I know the WM port passes audio, HI res only but its limited to UDA-1 compatable amps, according to Sony;
    so that pretty much leaves out everything but the Fiio Q5S, and a few others..
    I have several Fiio amps the E18, A5, Q1 MKII, And Q5s but they are useless with my Sony except q5s ...
    My question is Does the line out single end cable Pass the same hi Res as the WM port??
    and if yes will. my Amp be able to display the correct color code on the led for different file formats as it does with my M11

Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
First

Back
955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964