SONY NW-ZX2
Dec 26, 2016 at 2:54 PM Post #13,591 of 14,755
Hmmmm.  I'm also unfamiliar with this term.  What is a digital sound?

Digital like sound is actually Snappy, fast decay with thinner tonality or less density. Usually it is not very enjoyable in my preferences, because thinner body and faster decay usually lose out the micro energies within the timbres itself. The Opus 2 actually also deliver the micro energies within the timbres body. It is very enjoyable. Density and more analog feeling usually lose out the trebles extensions and the lower trebles speed and resolutions (case of Zx2). There are some tricks to make it better. But the real improvements will need to be looking toward WM series.

Wm1z has great lower trebles resolutions and speed, more extensions overall, warmth, very analog like with longer decay and timbres. Bass is much more textured and emotional vs Zx2. Take Zx2 performances, and imagine more lower trebles resolutions and upper mid extensions, more warmth into the trebles and it extensions. Deeper bass and more Dynamic :D....while you are at it, Deeper soundstage and more spherical images.

Finally, the best S-Master technology that Sony has achieved for personal and portable system yet, the TA-ZH1ES amplifier :D

I am giving out too much spoiler lol..

Jan 2, 2017 at 3:41 PM Post #13,593 of 14,755
zx2 pairs amazingly with more neutral/reference (c)iems , too warm sounding ciems will not be the best pairing

if i get wm1a , i may keep both as my EE athena pairs well with the lean, sabre-dac dx80 but not so well with the zx2 

zx2 + nt6 = beast synergy

Jan 3, 2017 at 8:14 AM Post #13,594 of 14,755
  along with the new players I was able to listen to this old player Zx2, it has a good sound but he doesn't like headphones Xba z5 and Earsonics sm64.

Could you explain with more details why you say that zx2 do not like xba-z5?
I have EU zx2 and planing to buy xba-z5, based on very positive feedback in the dedicated threat here, which mach what I'm looking for in IEM. Currently still reading the threat.

Jan 4, 2017 at 7:43 PM Post #13,595 of 14,755
Has anyone ever used this with their ZX2 or Sony Walkman and if so what are your impressions? https://www.amazon.com/SOD-R-Walkman-2-Male-Cable-3-28ft/dp/B01N3O7E2U/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1483576677&sr=8-2-fkmr1&keywords=sony+walkman+audio+line+out

Jan 5, 2017 at 5:09 PM Post #13,602 of 14,755

SONY NW-ZX2: 

Device won't recharge and screen stays blank/black. Tried the hard reset, but nothing happens. Any help is greatly appreciated.. 

How about plugging in to the computer's usb port?

Jan 6, 2017 at 9:11 AM Post #13,604 of 14,755

How about plugging in to the computer's usb port?

[COLOR=111111]he may have burned the Board.[/COLOR]
that happened to my Sony vaio after leaving it hibernating and passing it thru airport x-ray machine. Is on warranty servicing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back