SONY NW-ZX2
Oct 22, 2016 at 12:34 PM Post #13,291 of 14,755
I am trying it now but cannot say I hear a difference. I reckon the sound app was working as the volume dropped quite a bit. I followed your instructions and am now trying it out.

The difference should be night and day.....

Oct 22, 2016 at 12:58 PM Post #13,292 of 14,755
The difference should be night and day.....

I hear a difference when I enable 'clear audio' and I hear the change back when I disable it. However I hear no further change when I then stop the audio from running via the 'running' tab (not the 'all' tab)

Oct 22, 2016 at 1:00 PM Post #13,293 of 14,755
I hear a difference when I enable 'clear audio' and I hear the change back when I disable it. However I hear no further change when I then stop the audio from running via the 'running' tab (not the 'all' tab)
pause the track and play again. Or restart the track. Choose a track with subbass like dark Knight rises or some vocals. It'll sound less congested. The difference is less noticeable in balanced compared to single ended, but it's there. The sub bass impact is very clear along with texture as well

Oct 22, 2016 at 1:07 PM Post #13,294 of 14,755
pause the track and play again. Or restart the track. Choose a track with subbass like dark Knight rises or some vocals. It'll sound less congested. The difference is less noticeable in balanced compared to single ended, but it's there. The sub bass impact is very clear along with texture as well

Ahh that difference! Lol. Think I just got it. Am using balanced cable listening to Madonna, Sticky and Sweet Toir album, 4 minutes and Vogue 2008

Oct 22, 2016 at 1:10 PM Post #13,295 of 14,755
Ahh that difference! Lol. Think I just got it. Am using balanced cable listening to Madonna, Sticky and Sweet Toir album, 4 minutes and Vogue 2008

...you should have got a volume increase as well as a change in SQ....

Oct 22, 2016 at 1:37 PM Post #13,297 of 14,755
I am trying it now but cannot say I hear a difference. I reckon the sound app was working as the volume dropped quite a bit. I followed your instructions and am now trying it out.

Lower the vol the sound is bound to get really loud.Once you follow the steps of  Dithyrambes  click on sound adjustment circle on ui,the sound will increase immediately and you will notice the differences,not my kind of sound though,you lose the stock walkman tonality but the soundstage does widen.

Oct 22, 2016 at 1:37 PM Post #13,298 of 14,755
Hmm, don't recall sound increase or spike. I'll keep listening and see what I think. I only get a massive sound increase if I disable the sound app completely as per other posts.

Oct 22, 2016 at 1:52 PM Post #13,300 of 14,755
yes....you have to turn on sound adjustment....then turn on clear audio+ and uncheck it....then only terminate the sound adjustment app on the running tab. The sub bass is also much clearer with less mid bass. The sound stage also expands, with vocals sounding from around the forehead compared to coming from your jaw. Becomes sparkly.glad you agree on the finding. No one really tried it in this forum.

is this any diffferent from what we were discussing here/doing last year ? i am confused....

btw , i did your version on my Japan ZX2 and i did not notice any volume spike , probably because it is not volume capped like the EU ZX2 (which i also owned and i remember the particular volume spike, very well)

Oct 22, 2016 at 1:54 PM Post #13,302 of 14,755
yes it is different

i edited my initial post , with more feedback

anyway , i did what you say and it shows it as ''force stop'' on the all apps menu (where it is shown as disabled in the tail of all apps)

cheers

Oct 22, 2016 at 1:57 PM Post #13,303 of 14,755
So people who have zx2 with last year's setting. Enable sound adjustment app
restart the player.

Once the device restarts,

Go to the apps then all tab and kill the 20.0k sound adjustment app. This makes the volume louder.

Then start sound adjustment app again, play a track, then enable and disable clearaudio+ while playing. Pause the track.

Go to apps then running tab and kill the 5megabyte app. Do not kill the one in the all tab.

Unpause the track or restart the track. Sound should be different.

Oct 22, 2016 at 2:03 PM Post #13,304 of 14,755
So people who have zx2 with last year's setting. Enable sound adjustment app
restart the player.

Once the device restarts,

Go to the apps then all tab and kill the 20.0k sound adjustment app. This makes the volume louder.

Then start sound adjustment app again, play a track, then enable and disable clearaudio+ while playing. Pause the track.

Go to apps then running tab and kill the 5megabyte app. Do not kill the one in the all tab.

Unpause the track or restart the track. Sound should be different.

'kill' as in 'force stop' or 'disable' ?

which of the  2 options ?

btw , i did the whole process of yours (with disable as kill) and it still shows the clearaudio option

did i do it correctly ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back